Ruben_mcn's February Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Feb 7 2010, 08:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Ruben,

We continue now with our work for February. For first 2 assignments I have decided to continue with superimposing with minor pentatonics only this time you will have to read the thread about major chords and record some superimposing with minor pentatonics over major type chords.

Here is your 1st and 2nd assignment

1st assignment :

- Read Superimposing with Minor Pentatonics over Major type chords post HERE
- After reading the whole thing with related link posts, think about choosing one chord and one approach you will use for recording!

2nd assignment :

- After you have chosen your approach, record a backing track with that chord and on top of that record yourself soloing with 1 or all 3 minor pentatonics corresponding with that mode!

Let me give you an example here. Lets say that you have chosen C major as your chord. Now you also chose C major to be treated as I (Ionian sounding). In that case you should play minor pentatonics from C major scale ( D ,E and A minor pentatonics) over C major chord in the background. 4th assignment asks you only to pick 1 but it also allows you to use all 3 pentatonics if you want to.
Backing track doesn't have to be anything fancy for this purpose. Just guitar playing the chord will do, if you want to add bass and drums to that to make it sound tighter go ahead!

Deadline for first two assignments is 14th of February.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Feb 11 2010, 01:09 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Pedja

I used G as V ( Mixolydian ) and used A min to improvise over it ...

[attachment=20109:Superimp...w_Aminor.mp3]

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Feb 11 2010, 03:52 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 19 2010, 03:46 PM
Instructor
Ruben we continue with your remaining assignments for February. We have 3rd, 4th and REC assignment to cover.

3rd assignment and REC :

- Record Triads in a major scale series part 3 lesson found HERE
- Once you are done with video recording, upload it in REC part of forum for grading. Make sure that you include voting pool.

4th assignment :

- Record backing track using two random chords!
- Chords could have the same quality (two major chords for example) or different quality ( minor and then major chord).
- Chords don't have to be diatonic ( in other words you could record C and Eb major chords in backing track!)
- Over these chords, solo using superimposing with minor pentatonics!
- Once you recorded your solo, upload it in this thread.

For example... I choose to record two chords that have same quality, major chords. First chord is C major while second is Eb major. Duration is the same for both of the chords. Now what I need to do is decide what I want my C major and Eb major to sound like. I decide that I want C major to sound like Ionian, so I pick E minor pentatonic to solo over. In other case I choose my Eb major to sound like Mixolyidian, so I pick Bb minor pentatonic to superimpose over it. Now I record a solo using E minor and Bb minor pentatonics over C major and Eb major chords. The duration of solo is your choice!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Deadline for these assignments is 28th of February !

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Feb 19 2010, 11:56 PM
Learning Roadie
HI pedja thanks i will get to it .. could you send me the backingtrack of the lesson???

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 20 2010, 08:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Feb 19 2010, 11:56 PM) *
HI pedja thanks i will get to it .. could you send me the backingtrack of the lesson???

Hi Ruben

I responded to you via private message, thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Feb 20 2010, 08:34 PM
Learning Roadie
I got your messege thanks PEdja ..

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Feb 21 2010, 10:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi, Pedja Glad you are better now .. i have recorded the lesson and already placed it for the rec program smile.gif
You can watch it here ...

going to start working on the 2nd assigmnt rigth away...

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Feb 23 2010, 02:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Pedja i recorded the super imposing assigmnt todayhope you enjoy it ... I used G major(V) and A major (IV) chord and super imposed w/ F#min and somtimes W/ Emin..

[attachment=20230:imposing...er_major.mp3]

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 1 2010, 02:22 AM
Instructor
Ruben thank you for submitting your work on time. I was and still am down with the flu for last week or so. In the meanwhile things changed for MTP and that hit me pretty hard as well. I wasn't expecting at all to stop working with you guys, with new rules things are not looking well. I hope they will change things back, lets just wait and see.
I will close this thread since you completed all the work but please feel free to write and post new threads , I hope that we can continue working together!

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:55 AM