2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Rss Feeds For Videos, ...finally!
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 28 2009, 03:22 PM
Jazz Instructor
That is really brilliant!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 28 2009, 06:07 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Excellent! Gonna add this to Google reader and my iPhone wink.gif

A suggestion: Not all browsers pull up the RSS symbol - could we have an icon for the feed on the main page, perhaps at the bottom?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jun 28 2009, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
The RSS seems to update a couple of hours after the new lessons are posted.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 30 2009, 11:51 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jun 28 2009, 09:47 PM) *
The RSS seems to update a couple of hours after the new lessons are posted.

I am noticing the same thing with my rss application - however in firefox the new lesson shows immediately if I click "refresh bookmark".

I will see if we can get some clarity on this!

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 28 2009, 07:07 PM) *

A suggestion: Not all browsers pull up the RSS symbol - could we have an icon for the feed on the main page, perhaps at the bottom?

Good idea - one browser which still is used quite a bit an which springs to mind is ie6.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jun 30 2009, 02:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
It's handy as the site becomes even more overwhelming with great content. Thanks, Kris.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 6 2009, 03:36 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 28 2009, 07:07 PM) *

We have now added an rss link in the GMC footer!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AdamB
Jul 6 2009, 05:29 PM
GMC:er
ah ha! guitarey feed right onto my desktop with google gadgets. Awesome biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Wabba
Aug 9 2009, 03:39 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Yes! Great Addition, I'm gonna put this in use! smile.gif

Btw, Could there be a chance to choose what difficulty/style lessons it notifies.

Umm..
For an example (i'm not good at explaining without examples):

I would have a panel that shows the newest 3 metal lessons from difficulties 6-10, another panel which shows all lessons with difficulties from 7-9 and, a third panel which just shows the 3 newest lessons and so. Hope you get what I'm trying to say... smile.gif

This post has been edited by Wabba: Aug 9 2009, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 9 2009, 04:07 PM
GMC:er
Great Work Kris!. It works properly on Outlook. Thanks

+Quote Post
Joruus
Aug 10 2009, 12:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
This is great !

When this first got posted i didnt know what RSS was unsure.gif
But now i found out what it is, and i can link my keyboards LCD display to this rss

Really awesome it shows me (all the time) what new videos there are and then with one push on a button it actually opens a browserwindow with that video in it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 10 2009, 12:43 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Joruus @ Aug 10 2009, 01:27 PM) *
This is great !

When this first got posted i didnt know what RSS was unsure.gif
But now i found out what it is, and i can link my keyboards LCD display to this rss

Really awesome it shows me (all the time) what new videos there are and then with one push on a button it actually opens a browserwindow with that video in it biggrin.gif

Awesome - you should post a screenshot of this for others to see! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Wabba @ Aug 9 2009, 04:39 PM) *
Yes! Great Addition, I'm gonna put this in use! smile.gif

Btw, Could there be a chance to choose what difficulty/style lessons it notifies.

Umm..
For an example (i'm not good at explaining without examples):

I would have a panel that shows the newest 3 metal lessons from difficulties 6-10, another panel which shows all lessons with difficulties from 7-9 and, a third panel which just shows the 3 newest lessons and so. Hope you get what I'm trying to say... smile.gif

We actually have something like this planned - basically you will be able to create an rss feed out of any advanced search - so you can specify any parameter by yourself!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joruus
Aug 10 2009, 01:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Awesome - you should post a screenshot of this for others to see!

I took some pictures of it smile.gif

It automaticly cycles through all new news feeds every 12 seconds (or whatever i set it to)
that looks like this
Attached Image
12 seconds later
Attached Image
12 seconds later
Attached Image

The icons you see at the bottom of the screen tells what the small black buttons under it do.
The second icon means, if you push the second button it shows more info about this part, in this case:
Attached Image

And the 3rd button opens my browser with the right lesson in it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 10 2009, 03:46 PM
Instructor
Great stuff. Haven't tried yet but I will now. I am a fan of RSS feature. Great way to follow things and stay up to date. Well done team

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 10 2009, 04:01 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Joruus @ Aug 10 2009, 02:00 PM) *
I took some pictures of it smile.gif

Hehe that's awesome! The beauty of rss is really that you can have it anywhere.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 10 2009, 04:06 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow cool pics, I want that keyboard! RSS is great, I'm using it to follow new forum posts and lessons on GMC and its really handy...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:18 AM