> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Riddler's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 19 2012, 08:04 PM
Instructor
Hi riddler!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different approaches of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

Let me copy your message:

"I like to join your army and enhance my guitar playing. I've been playing since I was 13, but stopped for around 12 years and just got back on track again last year at the age of 31. I'm now 32 and would love to take my playing to the next level and I think learning from you would be the best step since I like your style and most of your lessons.

So far, I consider myself as an intermediate player but with very little knowledge on theory especially scales and improvisation. I also developed an unorthodox playing technique and would love to correct it. I think also need to work on my hand synchronization and picking accuracy. Other than that, I think my playing is decent enough. smile.gif

Here is a sample of my playing with Jonathan Burgos' The Tasty Etude
http://soundcloud.com/orly-arcelao/the-tasty-etude-1st-take

Looking forward to learn with you."

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
riddler
Oct 20 2012, 05:19 PM
GMC:er
Hi Gab,

Thanks for accepting me in.

Just a quick background, I grew up listening to 90's music. Slash was my childhood hero and was the main reason why I picked up a guitar. I loved metal, grunge and hard rock music. Started playing around 1993 (self taught) and abruptly stopped around 1999, studies took over and other priorities in life.

After around 12 years of hiatus, I decided to go back to the hobby and pick up where I left of. Most of the skills I gained from playing before have nearly been gone though so I'm planning to have a fresh start. I started playing again last year, but I lost my focus due to lack of direction on my learning journey. Hopefully, you will be able to guide me on how to take my guitar playing to the next level.

Nowadays, I love listening to blues (John Mayer, Joe Bonamassa, Hendrix etc). I also listen to metal from time to time but I guess I lack the dexterity to play those fast music.

Here are the things I want to focus and improve:
- Have a solid grasp on theories. I really have a poor understanding of scales and modes.
- Improvisation, which I think is related to theories.
- Picking consistency and accuracy. Left and right hand synchronization too.

Regarding videos, I'll try to put up some videos of me playing, but for the meantime, I only have the soundcloud link I gave as sample of my playing.

Hopefully, you could help me out with my concerns. Looking forward to working with you Gab. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2012, 06:25 PM
Instructor
Ok mate, this sounds good for me. Please let me know what you already know about chords, triads, arpeggios and scales. Let me know which of these things you can play in your guitar and also what you know about theory.

Regarding your picking technique... could you please post a sound cloud link jamming over a backing to show me your current level for alternate picking and fast licks?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
riddler
Oct 24 2012, 01:39 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 22 2012, 05:25 PM) *
Ok mate, this sounds good for me. Please let me know what you already know about chords, triads, arpeggios and scales. Let me know which of these things you can play in your guitar and also what you know about theory.

Regarding your picking technique... could you please post a sound cloud link jamming over a backing to show me your current level for alternate picking and fast licks?

Hmmm.. let's just say that my knowledge in theory is pretty much negligible. Let's consider myself as a beginner on this area. I do know chords but don't know the theory behind it. Zero knowledge too on triads and arpeggios too.

Regarding scales, I'm a little bit familiar with minor pentatonic and blues scales but lacks deep understanding on how to properly use it in improvisation.

For alternate picking and fast licks, best I can get accurately get without losing timing and and synchronizations is around 80-90 bpm triplets. Anything faster than that is a total mess. Will record and post a sample later.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 24 2012, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (riddler @ Oct 24 2012, 09:39 AM) *
Hmmm.. let's just say that my knowledge in theory is pretty much negligible. Let's consider myself as a beginner on this area. I do know chords but don't know the theory behind it. Zero knowledge too on triads and arpeggios too.

Regarding scales, I'm a little bit familiar with minor pentatonic and blues scales but lacks deep understanding on how to properly use it in improvisation.

For alternate picking and fast licks, best I can get accurately get without losing timing and and synchronizations is around 80-90 bpm triplets. Anything faster than that is a total mess. Will record and post a sample later.

Ok, let's start with theory and improvisation and then I will also give you some technique exercises or lessons to work on.

Theory: We will use this GMC book as reference:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=33779

Please start reading it since you will clarify all the basic and also more advanced concepts.

The first thing that you have to learn in your guitar is how to play a minor chord and arpeggio in 5 positions. Learn it from this two guitar pro files, connect it and practice it over any A minor backing in track... try to create melodies and musical ideas using it.

Attached File  01._A_minor_chord.gp5 ( 2.14K ) Number of downloads: 97

Attached File  02._A_minor_arpeggios.gp5 ( 1.94K ) Number of downloads: 100

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:20 PM