Reaper Update, Sluggish or me?
Phil66
Mar 29 2016, 08:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

Is anyone else finding the latest Reaper update a bit slow? If I click out of the window and go back in, it takes around 6 seconds before it comes back "online" rolleyes.gif .

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 29 2016, 09:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
No problems for me. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 29 2016, 10:20 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 29 2016, 07:57 PM) *
Hello folks,

Is anyone else finding the latest Reaper update a bit slow? If I click out of the window and go back in, it takes around 6 seconds before it comes back "online" rolleyes.gif .

Cheers

unless the update has a major feature, I don't recommend updating cause new version might have bug's too as Reaper is always evolving rather than major releases like other companys software.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Mar 29 2016, 11:01 PM
Learning Roadie
No issues here on my end, the only time I get a delay is opening a big project with multiple MIDI/Sampling tracks - then again I only have 2GB of ram and a Dual Core processor that's entirely my fault tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 30 2016, 10:39 AM
The only thing I can think is that when it did the update it changed all of the ASIO setting, I put them back to what I thought I had before. Maybe I didn't. But when I click into another window and then back, it takes 6 full seconds before "offline" goes away and it is useable.

Cheers folks, at least I know where to look now smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 2 2016, 02:01 AM
This is a GREAT point. Unless a bit of software has a specific feature you need, I'd always suggest waiting on the upgrade until they release all the subsequent "patches" that fix all the problems that come with a new release. Upgrading just to upgrade, often leads to more problems than pleasures imho. sad.gif

However, I put the new version of Reaper on to test it and it seems ok. It may be a driver issue, or a hardware issue. What kind of cpu / ram are you running? I"m using a quad 2.0ghz i7 16gb ram and it seems very snappy and fast.

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 29 2016, 04:20 PM) *
unless the update has a major feature, I don't recommend updating cause new version might have bug's too as Reaper is always evolving rather than major releases like other companys software.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 2 2016, 09:34 AM
Thanks Todd,
I'm using quad core i5 8gb ram. It works fine except for the offline delay thing. Could it be having 20 things in the input range in asio? I can't see how to reduce that even though I only need 3 because the dropdown list shows all 18 Scarlett inputs and the mics after the Scarlett.
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 2 2016, 09:41 AM
Quad core i5 should do it, but 8 gb of ram is a pinch lite and ram is cheap so I'd say try for 16 if you can and reduce your buffer settings. The scarlett is a agreat unit and make sure it's plugged in to it's own usb port, not in to a hub. Or you are limited by the hub. So plug the scarlett directly in to the computer if it's not already. Make sure you are not running three browsers with 15 tabs open if possible as that is often the culprit smile.gif Try to run as little as possible when running your audio software. Since everything is on the usb bus, the more peripherals on the usb bus, the more the rig has to deal with it, and depending on your usb hub, more variables. So start by removing as many variables (bits/gear/etc.) as possible and putting them back one by one. Make sense?

Todd

But
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 2 2016, 03:34 AM) *
Thanks Todd,
I'm using quad core i5 8gb ram. It works fine except for the offline delay thing. Could it be having 20 things in the input range in asio? I can't see how to reduce that even though I only need 3 because the dropdown list shows all 18 Scarlett inputs and the mics after the Scarlett.
Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 2 2016, 09:50 AM
It all makes sense mate smile.gif
I'm out all day but firstly I'm going to uninstall Reaper and put the last version back on in case it is version specific.
Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 5 2016, 08:59 PM
Nothing is fixing it and even the Reaper forum isn't helping BUT I have found a work around. If I press "PLAY" and pause it I can go straight back in and it is ready ph34r.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:27 PM