15 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
I Love Gmc!, Hey.. whats all the comotion here???
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 21 2008, 12:25 PM
GMC:er
I think what is meant by the seniors ganging up is that when people have ideas that maybe in a bad light then seniors stick for the site a bit too much and turn it around to say what is good with it rather than what can be done to change it. It isn't really ganging up but is having a huge love of GMC and not liking people saying bad things about a place that makes them really happy. I love that the seniors are here and I truly think they deserve it and I'm happy some of them thought my ideas were useful but please when somebody says a bad thing that is constructive then look at it from the view of how can we change this persons view of the place as if one person thinks it usually several at least do. If they are being nasty then very enough.

I love the seniors enthusiasm and it is one part of GMC that is actually good and if Kris does decide a small committee to implement new ideas is a good idea then seniors will be a large part of that as well as some members.

I know full well that Tony, Andrew, MickeM, Matt, Brett, Tank and Chris (Smells) are great people and very inspired members of GMC. Sorry if I missed anyone out sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Mar 21 2008, 12:25 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 21 2008, 12:30 PM
GMC Founder
I like this idea and I think the way we will start is to have subboard called "site suggestions" so we can gather all the great ideas we have got! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 21 2008, 12:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 21 2008, 12:30 PM) *
I like this idea and I think the way we will start is to have subboard called "site suggestions" so we can gather all the great ideas we have got! smile.gif

+1

Looking forward to it Kris,
it'd be great place to collect everything. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 21 2008, 12:35 PM
That's great as I'm sure people will have wonderful suggestions that you may not have thought of smile.gif I think this thread has been very useful. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 21 2008, 12:37 PM
Lets go fishing!
I think your a really nice guy OC wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 21 2008, 12:38 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 21 2008, 11:35 AM) *
That's great as I'm sure people will have wonderful suggestions that you may not have thought of smile.gif I think this thread has been very useful. biggrin.gif

Agreed! smile.gif Very cool ideas and important feedback.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 21 2008, 12:52 PM
GMC Founder
Ok - we are rolling! biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=109

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 21 2008, 12:53 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Mar 21 2008, 11:37 AM) *
I think your a really nice guy OC wink.gif

Cheers lol

You also biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 21 2008, 12:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 21 2008, 12:52 PM) *

Awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 21 2008, 12:57 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I am glad something good came off this thread:) I was worried, that this will have bad ending.. but looks like otherwise its true:)

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Mar 21 2008, 01:01 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 21 2008, 12:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Mar 21 2008, 12:57 PM) *
I am glad something good came off this thread:) I was worried, that this will have bad ending.. but looks like otherwise its thru:)

Nah,there are too many awesome people here to ends up bad. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 21 2008, 02:02 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 21 2008, 12:59 PM) *
Nah,there are too many awesome people here to ends up bad. biggrin.gif

And me mwahahahaha wacko.gif tongue.gif ph34r.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 21 2008, 02:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 21 2008, 02:02 PM) *
And me mwahahahaha wacko.gif tongue.gif ph34r.gif

I'm counting you as well Tony. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 21 2008, 03:24 PM
alls well that ends well smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Mar 21 2008, 03:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dave Rock @ Mar 21 2008, 09:40 AM) *
I recently joined ...

but guys, what a drama!

Ok Pavel could play, but so what? There are tons of people here that can play, so what is the problem?

I can just say ... just continue what you're doing with GMC. A little competition only improves service and quality (in the point of view of the paying customer - US - )

If there is one thing here that bothers me, it's the fact that I need to watch my language or postings (as I am used to adult environments like Harmony central forums). But as the staff already stated that they like the 'clean' idea of GMC, I can understand their point of view.

+1

To much noise in my opinion

This post has been edited by Joe Kataldo: Mar 21 2008, 03:43 PM

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 21 2008, 03:58 PM
The senior's issue:

I'm not doubting their contribution to the site but I certainly notice what they're speaking of. If there is a discussion about anything and a senior takes one point and a non-senior takes another, almost overwhelmingly people will jump to the side of the senior in an effort to appeal to them because they themselves would like to one day be considered a "senior", which is not a title I've notice be passed out since I've joined the site ( I joined right after "seniors" were created). The argument of the senior is unimportant, it can be riddled with holes and logic and in my opinion some seniors are notorious for doing so, but the population in general will overlook often flawed arguments in favor of brownie points since there is a perception in the community as a whole that there is a 'tiered' member system. When you all change your avatars to whatever the theme of the month is, it reinforces my theory. The same holds true with Instructors, if the instructor advocates a point, more often than not people will agree with the instructor despite the instructors being wrong themselves sometimes. if I had it my way, I'd make seniors moderators and do away with the special icon, because if Halo 2 multiplayer has taught us anything, it's that people will go to great lengths to get some neat icon next to their name.

I don't doubt that seniors have contributed plenty to the site, but to suggest that they don't enjoy an almost favored status among the community at large is willful ignorance.

As for the contract, it's pretty flimsy, and I'd hate to disagree with a hallowed senior, but I think you're wrong.

The explicit wording of the contract can be found here:

Pavel's contract.

I'm no lawyer but my job is issuing contracts. There is no language highlighting supplementary language found in unattached exhibits. If you were to take this contract to the letter of the law in US court, Pavel could sue for wrongful termination as the contract is very weak, at best. Were I Kris, I would create a public page to view known as "Supplementary Conditions For Instructors" that highlights very explicitly which can be grounds for termination. There is no mention of notifying GMC about employment elsewhere. I'm not aware of any behind the scenes agreements but if you were to look at this contract carte blanch, I wouldn't have to because any obligation on the instructors part of notifying GMC of other employment is mentioned absolutely no where in the contract. It explicitly states that material developed for the site can be used no where else for instructional purposes. Kris could argue that the intent was to suggest that the video lesson posted on the internet format and using GMC's format on other sites is breach of contract and could lead to termination, but that is the one area where the contract does make explicitly clear that it is the video and texts made specifically for this site, and not in general, so Kris would be wrong. Also there is no discretionary termination clause giving GMC the right to terminate any instructor at whim, plus there is no outline for GMC to pay the monies due to the instructor upon termination, which would likely be good language to include in the contract as it would establish a precedent and a procedure were this to ever happen again.

Were I Kris, I would revamp the contract and require all instructors re-sign it. International mailing could be a pain, but I would seek it and might even require a notary seal on their signed copy. Upon the execution of the contract, make a copy and send it back to them and keep records of having sent it.

You're welcome to tell me "I'm wrong" but based on the American contract law I'm familiar with, I can go ahead and say to you that "You are indeed wrong".

This post has been edited by Goliath: Mar 21 2008, 04:00 PM

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 21 2008, 04:04 PM
Instructor
I'm perfectly fine with current contracts.
If you have any plans or doubts,you just contact management,simple as that.

There you go,I'm done here. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 21 2008, 04:44 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (RobM @ Mar 21 2008, 01:59 AM) *
Well what is going on here(in this thread) could be considered ganging up as each and every senior has shot down almost every remark made by me and other members. This is not the first thread where people decided to speak out against some things on GMC and not long after a few of us posted in came the calvary "some seniors" who pretty much shot down almost everything we had to say there as well. Say what you want, I've been on the recieving end a couple of times now and as a paying customer it's not a fun place to be. I try to speak intelligently, I don't toot my horn, I don't use vulgar language and I try to speak from the heart.

So all that being said I am in no position to change the ways things are here, nor do I wish to remain at a place where what I say is treated with such disdain. So as I've been thinking for the past few weeks, I won't renew my subscription when it runs out.

Cya

Rob

You have got a point in what you're suggesting and I think the answer is rather simple. Seniors, instructors, Kris, moderators + other staff have as a task to keep GMC running. That can be a conflict of interests when we have to uphold the standard we've set when we at the same time have to defend GMC's interests in discussions with members.
So from my point of view I think it's one of out strengths that we (bulk us up as staff to make it easy), the staff, can stand united when there's a conflict of interests.
The downside as you have notice is that it will seem as we're ganging up. At the same time we do have a right to voice ourselves both as members and staff. Obviously that will also be confusing knowing when the member MickeM is saying something and when the staff MickeM is.

And mind now that you put the question to seniors so when you get replies from seniors in all direction it's not us ganging up, we're just replying to "defend" ourselves individualy. But there will be more replies than one.

I'd be happy to take suggestion to how this can be improved (if what I said could be a problem) without administration that could kill us or removing our rights to speak up as individuals.
But maybe it's not just the senior sign that does it, maybe we'd have the same view in 90% of the cases either way? idk

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 21 2008, 05:29 PM
+1 for Goliath

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
RobM
Mar 21 2008, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Mar 21 2008, 10:58 AM) *
The senior's issue:

I'm not doubting their contribution to the site but I certainly notice what they're speaking of. If there is a discussion about anything and a senior takes one point and a non-senior takes another, almost overwhelmingly people will jump to the side of the senior in an effort to appeal to them because they themselves would like to one day be considered a "senior", which is not a title I've notice be passed out since I've joined the site ( I joined right after "seniors" were created). The argument of the senior is unimportant, it can be riddled with holes and logic and in my opinion some seniors are notorious for doing so, but the population in general will overlook often flawed arguments in favor of brownie points since there is a perception in the community as a whole that there is a 'tiered' member system. When you all change your avatars to whatever the theme of the month is, it reinforces my theory. The same holds true with Instructors, if the instructor advocates a point, more often than not people will agree with the instructor despite the instructors being wrong themselves sometimes. if I had it my way, I'd make seniors moderators and do away with the special icon, because if Halo 2 multiplayer has taught us anything, it's that people will go to great lengths to get some neat icon next to their name.

I don't doubt that seniors have contributed plenty to the site, but to suggest that they don't enjoy an almost favored status among the community at large is willful ignorance.

As for the contract, it's pretty flimsy, and I'd hate to disagree with a hallowed senior, but I think you're wrong.

The explicit wording of the contract can be found here:

Pavel's contract.

I'm no lawyer but my job is issuing contracts. There is no language highlighting supplementary language found in unattached exhibits. If you were to take this contract to the letter of the law in US court, Pavel could sue for wrongful termination as the contract is very weak, at best. Were I Kris, I would create a public page to view known as "Supplementary Conditions For Instructors" that highlights very explicitly which can be grounds for termination. There is no mention of notifying GMC about employment elsewhere. I'm not aware of any behind the scenes agreements but if you were to look at this contract carte blanch, I wouldn't have to because any obligation on the instructors part of notifying GMC of other employment is mentioned absolutely no where in the contract. It explicitly states that material developed for the site can be used no where else for instructional purposes. Kris could argue that the intent was to suggest that the video lesson posted on the internet format and using GMC's format on other sites is breach of contract and could lead to termination, but that is the one area where the contract does make explicitly clear that it is the video and texts made specifically for this site, and not in general, so Kris would be wrong. Also there is no discretionary termination clause giving GMC the right to terminate any instructor at whim, plus there is no outline for GMC to pay the monies due to the instructor upon termination, which would likely be good language to include in the contract as it would establish a precedent and a procedure were this to ever happen again.

Were I Kris, I would revamp the contract and require all instructors re-sign it. International mailing could be a pain, but I would seek it and might even require a notary seal on their signed copy. Upon the execution of the contract, make a copy and send it back to them and keep records of having sent it.

You're welcome to tell me "I'm wrong" but based on the American contract law I'm familiar with, I can go ahead and say to you that "You are indeed wrong".

I couldn't have said it better myself! I've spoken the best way I can, I cancelled my subscription.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:27 AM