If You're Tired Of...
Rammikin
Jun 20 2016, 11:36 PM
Experienced Rock Star
...visiting GMC and seeing political threads listed as the latest forum posts, here's a chance to discuss music and push them out of that list smile.gif.

This is the latest song in my cyber industrial project which features 3D fractal animations. You can view the video at Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/channels/somewheretohide/171466298

I'll admit I find this one frightening and I've had some nightmares since I started working on it. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. I particularly struggled with mixing the low end, so let me know how it sounds to you. You can view other videos from this project farther down on that page.

Attached Image

Also, I created a facebook page for this project. If you're interested in following the progress of this project, please visit the page and click the page Like button:

https://www.facebook.com/RodrigoSpacecraft

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Mertay
Jun 21 2016, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
How very political of you biggrin.gif

Its late so I'm on small speakers but liked whats going on. Also such style makes awesome backing tracks too if anyones interested, very nice for experimenting melody.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Jun 21 2016, 06:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Rammikin, these 3D animations with this backing track are extraterrestrial awesome... I got goose pimples!! ohmy.gif

I think when there were suddenly (not too often) some "small" flashes and lights (Is anybody out there?) the animation would be perfect for a "heart attack"... and hollywood cool.gif

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jun 21 2016, 12:56 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks, let me know how it sounds to you on larger speakers. Yes, these songs are mostly soundscape textures, so there should be room in the mix to jam over them smile.gif. Like I mentioned, I'm quite uncertain about the mix on this one, so comments about that would be appreciated. Or any other suggestions.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 21 2016, 01:54 PM
Learning Roadie
nice !

rendered with ?

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jun 22 2016, 01:13 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I created the video animations with an app called Mandelbulb3D. The render took about 4 weeks, running continuously, on a six-core MacPro.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 22 2016, 01:19 AM
Very cool stuff! smile.gif I liked it a lot! I can't see it giving me nightmares though, unless they were nightmares about rendering time smile.gif A 4 week render is giving me a bit of a panic attack just thinking about it smile.gif But not the content of the vid. What about it did you find scary? It seemed to be a very peaceful study of geometric shapes to me? I found it very relaxing smile.gif But yeah, the render is frightening for sure!

I'd sure love to see more smile.gif I think it would be cool as a background in a lyric video or something like that as well. If you can create some sort of characters interacting in it, it could be it's own story which would be cool too smile.gif Congrats on a very spiff looking vid!

Todd

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jun 21 2016, 08:13 PM) *
I created the video animations with an app called Mandelbulb3D. The render took about 4 weeks, running continuously, on a six-core MacPro.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jun 22 2016, 11:55 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I'm not sure why I find it so frightening smile.gif. It's dark and sinister, but so is this one, which I don't find frightening:
https://vimeo.com/channels/somewheretohide/139620584

Anyway, the section around 2:20 is definitely supposed to eery. Maybe that's what I'm reacting to. Does anybody else find the video/song to be scary?

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jun 22 2016, 07:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate,

Great work man, very nice. I listened to it on my headphones (Sony Pro's) and it all sounds great to me. There's good balance in the mix, nothing jumps out of it or sounds harsh, or so. The soundpalette is very well chosen. To my ears, the bass part, kickin' in around 1 :20 also sounds very nice, afterwords when the drums are added it stays a very nice, well ballanced full sound. Maybe the kickdrum could be a little more defined, but chances are that it's just perfect this way when you hear it through other speakers so : Sounds GREAT to me man !!!!! I also admire your patience !!!! 4 weeks rendering? ohmy.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 23 2016, 12:25 AM
Eeerie to be sure smile.gif I sorta like that about. It sure nails eeerie/spooky, but for me it doesn't cross in to scary, but then again, I"ve probably seen too many scary movies and watched too much news so I"m probably not one to judge what's scary and what isn't smile.gif

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jun 22 2016, 06:55 AM) *
I'm not sure why I find it so frightening smile.gif. It's dark and sinister, but so is this one, which I don't find frightening:
https://vimeo.com/channels/somewheretohide/139620584

Anyway, the section around 2:20 is definitely supposed to eery. Maybe that's what I'm reacting to. Does anybody else find the video/song to be scary?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 23 2016, 03:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
4 weeks? Jeeez, that's a long time! I get impatient when Reaper takes 10 minutes to render the song I'm working at at the moment (which is 33 minutes long).

Really enjoy your work btw smile.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jun 23 2016, 03:15 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jun 23 2016, 05:30 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Yeah, doing the calculations for these fractals takes a lot of computer power. Looking forward to hearing your 33 minute epic smile.gif.

QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Jun 22 2016, 06:45 PM) *
Hey mate,

Great work man, very nice. I listened to it on my headphones (Sony Pro's) and it all sounds great to me. There's good balance in the mix, nothing jumps out of it or sounds harsh, or so. The soundpalette is very well chosen. To my ears, the bass part, kickin' in around 1 :20 also sounds very nice, afterwords when the drums are added it stays a very nice, well ballanced full sound. Maybe the kickdrum could be a little more defined, but chances are that it's just perfect this way when you hear it through other speakers so : Sounds GREAT to me man !!!!! I also admire your patience !!!! 4 weeks rendering? ohmy.gif

Thanks, I have one set of speakers where the bass is right at the bottom end of the response range, so when the chord changes, the bass drops out smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 23 2016, 08:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Brilliant, I love this kind of stuff, would be great to watch in a cinema smile.gif

Not scary to me but very tense, I kept waiting for a loud scream and an alien to jump at the screen.

Keep up the good work buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jun 25 2016, 02:07 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks. Yeah, I think it came out rather suspenseful smile.gif.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:56 AM