> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Rafael Guerrero - Neoclassical Three-level-lesson, Beginner, Lesson by Marcus Lavendell
Grade
Neoclassical Three-Level-Lesson, Beginner
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [42.86%]
8 [ 4 ] ** [57.14%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 7

Rafael Guerrero
Aug 18 2011, 10:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi GMC!

Here is my take on Marcus Lavendell's "Neoclassical Three-Level-Lesson, Beginner" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVFcbth15D4
My Take on Neoclassical Three-Level-Lesson, Beginner
It's a bit sloppy in timing at the beginning but I did the best I could sad.gif

It's challenging trying to get that vibrato technique but eventually it improves, here's the original lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...evels-beginner/

Gear:

I'm using a Scalloped neck second hand stratocaster
Marshall Amp
Normal Camcorder
Guitar Effects Pedal Zoom G1
Reaper
Fingers
etc

I appreciate your feedback (no mercy, I want to improve right?) smile.gif Thanks cool.gif

(Also if you have the time, check something I wrote along time ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXw-O6zK-w4&NR=1 )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 24 2011, 03:36 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 19 2011, 12:53 AM
GMC:er
Well played wink.gif First off, congrats on learning the piece and recording it and posting it for the world to see. I can see you are putting in your practice time as well! Now on to the no Mercy part.

Honestly, you did a nice job playing this but there are some things to work on (there always are). I notice you are not using your pinky very much, even below the 12th fret. I"d say try to be able to play this lesson both with and without pinky work. See if you can use your pinky the entire time and still play it well. Working the pinky is something that so many players just skip. It ends up making your hand out of balance a bit.

Many players skip the pinky up past the 12th fret, often during live gigs. That said, many players don't skip it and use it just fine. Ideally your hand should be able to play with or without it. But definitely with smile.gif

Your bending/vibrato is good but needs just a tad more work. Try playing through it and only doing the vibrato/bending parts.

You are very close on this one. Also, try to sit in classical position if you can. Put the guitar between your legs and put your left foot up on something like a stack of books. This position is very natural once you are used to it and will honestly help you play a bit better. Playing side saddle, like you are in this vid, creates stress on the wrist.

Well played! You RAWK!

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 19 2011, 09:06 AM
Instructor
This is very nicely played man. You kept the timing good, although you go behind the beat slightly on some parts. Bends need to be much stronger and precise on the other hand. Try focusing on bends when practicing.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 19 2011, 09:40 AM
Instructor
Hey Rafael, this was a good take. cool.gif

You played the phrases near the beginning in 8th notes instead of triplets.. but apart from that the take was strong. I think your vibrato and bending is very promising. Keep going on this track and you will develop into a great player smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 19 2011, 12:25 PM
Instructor
Yeah I agree with Ben. Make sure you add a bit more gain to this tone so that you have a bit more sustain!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 19 2011, 05:41 PM
Instructor
As Ben said, your vibrato and bending technique are on the right way but, I think you should pay attention and not rush into the bends to quickly. This, of course, will come with time so, don't worry, practice hard, pay attention to the timing so you can play perfectly and take care with the bending! Good work!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 20 2011, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Aug 19 2011, 06:25 AM) *
Yeah I agree with Ben. Make sure you add a bit more gain to this tone so that you have a bit more sustain!

Agree with that, also, are you going from a dist pedal straight into the computer? the signal sounds like it isn't going thru cabinet speakers or cabinet emulators.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2011, 07:52 AM
Instructor
hey man! Nice take! You are trying to do strong bends like Marcus did in the original lesson... you still need more practice to make the bends sound more natural without losing power. I agree to what the other instructors said about your tone. You are doing a very good job, keep on working hard!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 23 2011, 05:17 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.57 on this attempt man (pass). Even Marcus' beginner lessons can be tough so keep at it!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:57 PM