What To Learn
egomednog
Jul 29 2007, 12:02 AM
GMC:er
Well, I'm pretty lazy actually. I know your meant to do all these scales and stuff but I've only learnt like 2 and very rarely play them, until now all I've learnt is songs by bands and occasional lick of the days.

Everyone here seems to play scales etc, and just general.. stuff.. other than songs..

Is learning covers nessecarily a bad thing? I'm still learning the techniques used in the songs from here so I was just wondering what I should do.

And yes one day I will learn more than 1 scale smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 29 2007, 12:09 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (egomednog @ Jul 28 2007, 05:02 PM) *
Well, I'm pretty lazy actually. I know your meant to do all these scales and stuff but I've only learnt like 2 and very rarely play them, until now all I've learnt is songs by bands and occasional lick of the days.

Everyone here seems to play scales etc, and just general.. stuff.. other than songs..

Is learning covers nessecarily a bad thing? I'm still learning the techniques used in the songs from here so I was just wondering what I should do.

And yes one day I will learn more than 1 scale smile.gif

actually, learning other songs can be very beneficial and crucial, for your style and your musical repertoire. But you cant keep doing that for a long time. You need to practice Technique alot, and scales as well.

My advice, practice any technique alot. Or practice many techniques as well. You can learn song riffs, solos etc from time to time. Thats what i do. Hope it helps.

Remember, Hard Practicing and determination is the key wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:54 PM