have i got RSI?
DanielM
Oct 27 2006, 08:43 PM
GMC:er
after a few hours of playing i've got sort of a cramp in my ring finger. i can't press down or bend a string because it hurts like hell.

note this isnt soreness like people who arent used to playing get, this is a stabbing pain inside the end of the finger.

have i got repetitive strain injury?

/Daniel

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 27 2006, 09:22 PM
GMC Founder
If you are serious about your question you should not ask in a forum - instead go to a doctor as soon as possible. Don't touch the guitar until your finger is completely recoperated.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Liam
Oct 30 2006, 10:05 AM
GMC:er
well im not sure what you have. sad.gif
but you tell us , its the end of your finger? fingertips maybe ? blink.gif

I had pain in the beginning because i played so much my fingers needed to grow callus or corn or something .
its a hardened aera of the skin . because your soft skin gets damaged by a lot playing on the strings and then its gets hard . its like protection for it. tongue.gif
but when you have this hardened skin you wil feel no more pain.
I think this is what you have , but im just guessing.

so im not sure this counts for you too oke. rolleyes.gif

how you know you have this hardened skin?
after shower the hardened area of the skin wil get very white and soft .
And before you play after shower make sure its dry (wait a houre ), or you will rip all the good skin off .
LOL it really sound dirty, but its true laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:06 AM