2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Rss Feeds For Videos, ...finally!
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 26 2009, 10:09 AM
GMC Founder
Well I think it's safe to say we are ~ 3 years to late with this feature - however today I finally have the honour to present an RSS feed for all lessons. Access it by going to the GMC main page, then click the rss feed symbol to the right of the URL in your browser.

Also - there is an individual rss feed for each instructor - access it by clicking the rss symbol inside an instructor's profile (example)

Hopefully this makes it easier for you to follow the GMC updates!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jun 26 2009, 10:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
biggrin.gif Good news.

I have now the GMC on my Igoogle great i can see all the new lesson immediate

THX

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by playaxeman: Jun 26 2009, 10:18 AM

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 26 2009, 10:24 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Nice feature. smile.gif

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jun 26 2009, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Sweet! I've wanted this feature for a while.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 26 2009, 11:31 AM
Instructor
You are working hard on these features, thanks Kris.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 26 2009, 11:38 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Excellent ! This is a very useful feature! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
berko
Jun 26 2009, 11:46 AM
GMC:er
I have been waiting for this but I also knew I wouldn't have to wait much. Thanks Kris! cool.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 26 2009, 11:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
Brilliant feature! What is it? huh.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 26 2009, 12:34 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (sted @ Jun 26 2009, 12:54 PM) *
Brilliant feature! What is it? huh.gif

hehe I know how you feel! This feature allows you to list new lessons without having to visit GMC - you can do it from a cellphone or from igoogle (if you have it as you startpage) etc

In the firefox web browser all rss feeds appear right below the URL field - this way I can easily keep track of feeds from different forum/websites or whatever.

If you find the ornage icon and click it - things should get clearer. If you can't see the orange icon I would guess it's because you have an older browser. You can download latest version of firefox here:
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Also note that the GMC forum has an rss feed as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 26 2009, 12:41 PM
Instructor
Another awesome feature, well done for GMC team !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 26 2009, 01:03 PM
GMC Founder
It struck me that there probably are services that send you a notification when there has been an rss update ( a new lesson in other words) - I don't have much experience of this though. Maybe some more experienced rss-users can enlighten us?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darfuria
Jun 26 2009, 02:59 PM
GMC:er
Most people use an application that handles all of their RSS feeds that is similar to an e-mail application such as Outlook, Thunderbird, or Apple Mail. In this application, you subscribe to RSS feeds for all of your favourite websites, and instead of checking them constantly to see when the website has been updated, the RSS feed reading application receives an update through the RSS feed and notifies you of the new content on the website.

There are plenty of RSS applications around such as Feedreader and Feeddemon, as well as Google Reader, which, whilst it's not a desktop client, allows you to check your RSS feeds online, where ever you are.

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jun 26 2009, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
The RSS feed isn't working properly for me. I added it this morning, but it hasn't updated with the new lessons that were posted today. The Gilbertmania lesson is still the top listing.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 26 2009, 06:20 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jun 26 2009, 04:00 PM) *
The RSS feed isn't working properly for me. I added it this morning, but it hasn't updated with the new lessons that were posted today. The Gilbertmania lesson is still the top listing.

In firefox if I right-click and choose "update active bookmark" it shows me the last lesson update - does this work for you?

QUOTE (Darfuria @ Jun 26 2009, 03:59 PM) *
Most people use an application that handles all of their RSS feeds that is similar to an e-mail application such as Outlook, Thunderbird, or Apple Mail. In this application, you subscribe to RSS feeds for all of your favourite websites, and instead of checking them constantly to see when the website has been updated, the RSS feed reading application receives an update through the RSS feed and notifies you of the new content on the website.

There are plenty of RSS applications around such as Feedreader and Feeddemon, as well as Google Reader, which, whilst it's not a desktop client, allows you to check your RSS feeds online, where ever you are.

Thanks for the info Darfuria!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 26 2009, 06:31 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 26 2009, 01:34 PM) *
This feature allows you to list new lessons without having to visit GMC

Why on earth would anyone NOT want to visit GMC.
What a useless feature wink.gif
laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 26 2009, 06:43 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 26 2009, 07:31 PM) *
Why on earth would anyone NOT want to visit GMC.
What a useless feature wink.gif
laugh.gif

Well... it could be that some guy's boss is saying - "if I catch you one more time with that guitar site open - YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!!"

Well now we have made that poor guy untouchable cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jun 26 2009, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 26 2009, 01:20 PM) *
In firefox if I right-click and choose "update active bookmark" it shows me the last lesson update - does this work for you?

I left work and logged in from my laptop at home and the lessons are updated. If I continue to have issues, I'll let you know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Jun 27 2009, 11:33 AM
Flamenco Instructor
Thank you for your hard work in these new features, Kris! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 27 2009, 10:48 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Awesome Kris, feeds working great in Outlook! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 28 2009, 12:11 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pretty cool update! Thanks Kris smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:41 PM