2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Win A Bag Of Iron Age Picks!
Todd Simpson
Apr 9 2021, 09:00 PM
GMC:er
Show your finger skill by competing against me in a TYPING TEST! You may remember thinking "what am I ever going to need typing for?", well, this is why!! Random contests to help you win cool stuff!!! I LOVE iron age picks. These are very well made and very well designed. Also, the bag is cool.

Quick Secret: Learning to touch type was one of the things that got me over the hump in terms of my hand speed. it taught me hand synchronization as a separate skill outside of guitar playing. When you are typing at speed, both of your hands are working together, just like on guitar. Also, you can't look at your hands! You must look at the screen to see if what you are typing is actually correct. This is similar to not looking at your hands when you play. Typing has a lot of transferable skills to guitar and I'm hoping other folks find that out as well.

Yup, not a solo, a bit of typing. Just go to https://www.typingtest.com/

and use the MEDIUM TEXT, 1 MINUTE TEST
Attached Image

Beat my top score of 72 WPM and BAM!!! YOU WIN!!! First come, first served.
Attached Image

Winner gets a back of IRON AGE PICKS!!
Attached Image

Ready Set Go!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 9 2021, 09:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 9 2021, 09:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm up for that tomorrow.

Thanks for the challenge buddy smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 9 2021, 09:40 PM
Give em Hell!! These are really nice picks and I'm happy to share them with the lucky winner!!!
The discipline of touch typing is very similar to the discipline of shredding. Keeping your arms and shoulders loose, keeping your palms arched, Always ready to strike, just barely above the keys.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 9 2021, 04:36 PM) *
I'm up for that tomorrow.

Thanks for the challenge buddy smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 9 2021, 11:41 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 9 2021, 10:16 PM
I gave a try in a casual mood and couldn't get half your score laugh.gif fun though smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 9 2021, 10:18 PM
I learned to touch type because I was fed up of looking up at the screen and it says full of capital letters laugh.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 9 2021, 09:40 PM) *
Give em Hell!! These are really nice picks and I'm happy to share them with the lucky winner!!!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 9 2021, 10:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
81 was my best score, but let's see if someone can't do better. I bet someone can smile.gif Last take I only got 64 as opposed to second last at 81. Thought I could do better, but then got nervous and started messing up smile.gif

Attached Image

Did another last one and actually got 96. New record to beat cool.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Apr 9 2021, 10:30 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 9 2021, 11:40 PM
ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2021, 05:38 AM
I figured folks could easily beat it but Ben KRUSHED it!!!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 9 2021, 05:16 PM) *
I gave a try in a casual mood and couldn't get half your score laugh.gif fun though smile.gif

Impressive work!!!! I'd just like to point out that BEN is not only a shockingly fast typist, but he is typing in a language that isn't his mother tongue as a bonus. Nicely done. I dare say that is the score to beat smile.gif Please do PM me your address so I can get the shipping ready.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 9 2021, 05:32 PM) *
81 was my best score, but let's see if someone can't do better. I bet someone can smile.gif Last take I only got 64 as opposed to second last at 81. Thought I could do better, but then got nervous and started messing up smile.gif

Attached Image

Did another last one and actually got 96. New record to beat cool.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 10 2021, 06:31 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 10 2021, 06:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 10 2021, 05:38 AM) *
I figured folks could easily beat it but Ben KRUSHED it!!!

Impressive work!!!! I dare say that is the score to beat smile.gif Please do PM me your address so I can get the shipping ready.

Let's wait a bit and see if someone beats it, I say. I know that wasn't in your initial post, but I'm up for letting it not be me who was "first come first serve", if anyone else can beat it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2021, 09:58 AM
Sure thing smile.gif The contest is still wide open! Come one come all!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 10 2021, 01:01 AM) *
Let's wait a bit and see if someone beats it, I say. I know that wasn't in your initial post, but I'm up for letting it not be me who was "first come first serve", if anyone else can beat it smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 10 2021, 10:18 AM
Think Cael got this one laugh.gif

Best I managed was. But being dyslexic I more often than not mess up my F's and V's

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2021, 10:22 AM
Well done!!!! 81 is a very impressive score!!!!!! I'm also dyslexic and it does get in the way just a pinch smile.gif

[Well donequote name='MonkeyDAthos' date='Apr 10 2021, 05:18 AM' post='787474']
Think Cael got this one laugh.gif

Best I managed was. But being dyslexic I more often than not mess up my F's and V's

[/quote]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 10 2021, 10:30 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 10 2021, 11:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 10 2021, 10:22 AM) *
Well done!!!! 81 is a very impressive score!!!!!! I'm also dyslexic and it does get in the way just a pinch smile.gif

I say well done, then!

I studied linguistics at university for a year before having to drop out, and I always found language interesting - especially the written language. I guess that could give me an advantage in typing tests like this!

I'm not a fast reader at all, but I always scan a few words ahead while still maintaining focus on the word I'm on, so in tests like this one I'll be a few words ahead while typing the one it's currently telling me to type. I enjoy reading out loud for people too and I've always been told I'm good at it, and I think some of it comes from "reading ahead" like that as it allows me to put more emotion into the reading and so on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2021, 12:31 PM
I think I'll just leave this here smile.gif
Attached Image
****Ssshhhhh. It's a trick smile.gif I think we may need a cell phone vid or something of the winning run?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 10 2021, 12:33 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 10 2021, 01:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 10 2021, 12:31 PM) *
I think I'll just leave this here smile.gif
Attached Image
****Ssshhhhh. It's a trick smile.gif I think we may need a cell phone vid or something of the winning run?

How did you do that? smile.gif I can get a video later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 10 2021, 02:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just did another run to provide a video. Two takes. 89 and 97. I think it gets easier as you practice a bit.

Attached Image

And the video for the two "takes" smile.gif

Also, honestly, I don't even use a 10-finger system to type. More like a hybrid 8-finger system for the most part and not with my hands in any way placed "correctly".

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Apr 10 2021, 04:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2021, 06:36 PM
Flat out impressive!!!! Dude not only are you a killer player, you are a freaking killer typist. I"m shocked and amazed you are only using 8 fingers. Score!!!!! I just found online that the results could be hacked so I hacked them to see if it worked so I though maybe a video would be good so that there would be no doubt.
\
There can be zero doubt that you have SLAIN the challenge. NICE!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 10 2021, 09:16 AM) *
Just did another run to provide a video. Two takes. 89 and 97. I think it gets easier as you practice a bit.

Attached Image

And the video for the two "takes" smile.gif

Also, honestly, I don't even use a 10-finger system to type. More like a hybrid 8-finger system for the most part and not with my hands in any way placed "correctly".

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 10 2021, 06:37 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 10 2021, 06:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 10 2021, 06:36 PM) *
Flat out impressive!!!! Dude not only are you a killer player, you are a freaking killer typist. I"m shocked and amazed you are only using 8 fingers. Score!!!!! I just found online that the results could be hacked so I hacked them to see if it worked so I though maybe a video would be good so that there would be no doubt.
\
There can be zero doubt that you have SLAIN the challenge. NICE!

Thanks! It's a bit of a "bastard child" technique I suppose. I was taught 10 finger system, but now it's just a lot of bad habits combined. I don't use the markers on F and J at all, my hands more freely float. Of course this means if my keyboard has moved I'll write a lof of wrong things, and I'm also not that great on keyboards I'm not used to - kinda like with guitars, I suppose cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 10 2021, 07:35 PM
oh dear, I got 37wpm, it was the thins like ' ! and " that slowed me down. I'm sure just words would be quicker though laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2021, 07:44 PM
You can change the setting if you like. I was using MEDIUM but you can put it on EASY if you like. All takes are given full consideration. I do thank you for your participation!!!!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 10 2021, 02:35 PM) *
oh dear, I got 37wpm, it was the thins like ' ! and " that slowed me down. I'm sure just words would be quicker though laugh.gif

I am very curious about your technique. Can you put a camera on just your hands so that we can see how you are typing this fast? It's pretty darn amazing actually.

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 10 2021, 01:53 PM) *
Thanks! It's a bit of a "bastard child" technique I suppose. I was taught 10 finger system, but now it's just a lot of bad habits combined. I don't use the markers on F and J at all, my hands more freely float. Of course this means if my keyboard has moved I'll write a lof of wrong things, and I'm also not that great on keyboards I'm not used to - kinda like with guitars, I suppose cool.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:22 PM