> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

40 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 7 2015, 12:47 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel! smile.gif

I became very happy now when I saw that I finally succeeded with the timing task at 90 bpm. biggrin.gif
I will get you a new video in the coming days smile.gif 3 more days with the Frusciante lesson?

I am also considering getting a 2x12 cab to my amp instead of my 1x8 cab, would this make this a difference in volume or just how "big" the sound is?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Mar 7 2015, 12:54 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2015, 04:12 PM
Instructor
The sound will sound "bigger" which is great for me. smile.gif About the volume, this depends mostly on the amp but off course it will resist more volume than a 1x8 cabinet of course. You have to be sure and check with a technician if the cabinet resist the power send by the amp, and also check impedance.

Frusciante lesson in 3 days sounds good!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 9 2015, 08:49 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!
Hope you are doing great! smile.gif
Here is the videos the timing at 100bpm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is7J64ZpDFM...eature=youtu.be and the Frusicante Style https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1X_JhfOeTE...eature=youtu.be smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 10 2015, 04:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Thanks for this new updates! smile.gif

The timing assignment is sounding good. I notice that you are having some problems in the section that starts at 00:15 when the drum groove changes. This part is trickier and is a good exercise for being able to keep tempo even if the drummer goes crazy and starts to do some long fills or a different arrangement. In this section, you should keep the tempo internally and to help your self you can also keep tapping with your foot.

The next step is to keep on working over this backing, improving your timing on the section starting at 00:15. Please do this during 3 more days and also instead of staying on the same note, this time try a repetitive idea that includes 3 notes.

Frusciante lesson is evolving well but it still has man timing issues and differences compared with the original lesson. Please practice it playing along with my take to emulate timing and rhythm. I'd like to see a new take in 3 days.

Deal?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 10 2015, 08:02 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Sounds perfect! smile.gif
Just wonder if you notice some timing issues before and after the tricky part or if problem is just the tricky part where the groove changes?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2015, 01:50 PM
Instructor
The problem becomes more important when the groove change but I notice that the issues starts a bit before and continue for some measures after the part. There is a note that is played before the beat at 00:07, and it generates that the following notes are a bit like "searching for the beat". The same happens at starting at 00:19, just after the tricky part, where you need some measures to get back to the correct rhythm.

In other words, from 00:15 to 00:19, the timing issue becomes more important but you also need to work on the other parts to be able to play the whole thing totally tight. I think that working in 3 blocks can help. First working fro 00:00 to 00:14, then from 00:14 to 00:19, then from 00:19 to the end, and finally connected everything.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 11 2015, 04:08 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Sounds good smile.gif
I will try to work with it in 3 blocks for a bit and then see what I liked Better smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2015, 02:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Mar 11 2015, 12:08 PM) *
Sounds good smile.gif
I will try to work with it in 3 blocks for a bit and then see what I liked Better smile.gif

Perfect! I'll wait for the video in 3 days. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 15 2015, 01:20 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel! smile.gif

I am so grateful for your mentoring and I can notice that my playing has improved quite a lot thanks to your mentoring smile.gif
I practiced both the timing in 3 blocks and whole song, so if I noticed I had some trouble with a section I practiced that more in a block and then played whole song all blocks together.
Here is the videos, the lights in the videos is really bad because I played late evening yesterday but the sound is most important.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2VjFSwVJHg...eature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Non14nsOnxo...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2015, 07:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! It's awesome to see how your playing is improving!! I'm really proud of your work! I think that the last 3 days of work had a very important impact in your playing. Your take on the timing task is really good and I think that it's SO close to be perfect. You are playing most of the notes totally tight and I think that with 2 more days of practice you'll be able to play this perfect!

I note that the mid section (when the drum groove changes) is much better but there is room to make it sound tighter. Then, the following part has some notes off too, so it seems that it takes some time to get used to the new groove again.

Frusciante lesson is better, but there is still work to do on this one. Timing is better, but it is still giving problems. On this one, I also think that the best will be to work on smaller blocks and compare your playing with the original lesson to be sure that you are playing the parts correctly. When you do this comparison and practice please take care of:

- Rhythm (for example the second note of the lesson is played a bit before it should be).
- Timing
- Bending
- Vibrato

Please work 2 more days and then I think that I will be able to give you the next backing for the timing workout.

Keep on the great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 15 2015, 08:49 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Wow Gabriel this sounds amazing smile.gif
I became even more motivated to play after reading this, I can barely wait until I play my guitar again smile.gif

Btw I actually purchased a Digitech Gnx2 Multi-fx unit today, it should arrive in 5 days or so smile.gif

EDIT: Grammar

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Mar 16 2015, 06:58 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2015, 03:04 PM
Instructor
hehehe great to hear!! smile.gif

Congrats on your new device!! Looking forward to hear you playing through it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 18 2015, 09:38 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!

Had very fun today at Vchat smile.gif Great job smile.gif I can give you a recording of the Dorian mode witg backing when I have time smile.gif
Here is John Frusciante video. Had some pain in finger tops after playing this lesson for 70 min so the vibrato was not the very best biggrin.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YevawUzNuL8

And the Timing videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=masiQdCPT40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2XTiDRhAgg

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Mar 18 2015, 10:40 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 19 2015, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, thanks for this new recordings.

Frusciante lesson sounds nicer, but it still has timing issues. The problem that I note is that you tend to play the licks a bit before the beat. In other words, you play some licks, for example the first one at 00:02, a bit faster than you should. Try to think that licks slower, trying to go with the groove. Remember to follow the rhythm with your foot and/or head. However, it's normal that this happens with this lesson since we are currently working on timing through the timing workouts so keep on practicing and be patient.

The timing take is ok! We are ready for the next level! The only thing that you are still lacking is to be able to keep tempo tight during the whole thing. There are some little moments in which 1 or 2 notes aren't tight.

New assignment: 110 BPM.

This is the backing: Attached File  AC_DC_Backing_110.mp3 ( 1.68MB ) Number of downloads: 257

5 days of practice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 19 2015, 07:35 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Perfect Gabriel smile.gif
Do the bending and vibrato need more work in the Frusciante lesson or is it ok?
Is this really the 110 bpm backing, it feels just the same as the 100 bpm?

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Mar 19 2015, 08:03 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2015, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, both techniques are slowly being polished but both still need time to sounds natural and more expressive. Vibrato sounds natural in some moments while other times it's not consistent, it's weak and irregular (for example at 00:30). Bending is close, but some pitches are not perfectly in tune. (for example at 00:18)

When you play vibrato, you should first let the note sound and then slowly start vibrating and make it grow progressively. Bending issue is more related to finger's strength so it requires more training.

To be safe, here is a new backing in 110: Attached File  AC_DC_Backing_110.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 257

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 20 2015, 09:21 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Sounds good to me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 22 2015, 03:55 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel! smile.gif

Here is a recording of me playing over the backing track from your last Vchat, using E Dorian Mode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN7GTfTObrA...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 23 2015, 03:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Mar 22 2015, 11:55 AM) *
Hey Gabriel! smile.gif

Here is a recording of me playing over the backing track from your last Vchat, using E Dorian Mode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN7GTfTObrA...eature=youtu.be

Hi Alex, cool to see you jamming over the backing. This workout should help you to become more familiar with the scale shapes and also with the sound of the notes over the chords. The next step would be to work on phrases that create a call and response effect. I think that the closer you've been of this is when you play the last melodies of this jam.

In order to continue working on your improvising skills the next task is to work on a new improvisation that has a more defined motive. A main melody that you like and that could be developed. You can try many melodies and we choose then one... deal?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Mar 23 2015, 07:12 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 23 2015, 03:44 PM) *
Hi Alex, cool to see you jamming over the backing. This workout should help you to become more familiar with the scale shapes and also with the sound of the notes over the chords. The next step would be to work on phrases that create a call and response effect. I think that the closer you've been of this is when you play the last melodies of this jam.

In order to continue working on your improvising skills the next task is to work on a new improvisation that has a more defined motive. A main melody that you like and that could be developed. You can try many melodies and we choose then one... deal?

Hello Gab!
I think the melody between 42-52 sec sound very cool, what do you think about that? Is it a good one or should I try to find something new? smile.gif

+Quote Post

40 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:21 PM