> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Juanjovi’s thread, for Gab’s Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2019, 04:53 AM
Instructor
Hi JuanJovi! Welcome to your mentoring thread.

Before we start, I'd like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JuanJovi
Nov 5 2019, 03:07 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 5 2019, 03:53 AM) *
Hi JuanJovi! Welcome to your mentoring thread.

Before we start, I'd like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing

I have been playing mostly from mid 20's... I am 50 now so I'll some what with purpose for 25 years.

Favorites - Van Halen, replacements, Doors, ACDC, ZZTop, Mark Knopfler, Smoking Popes, Tom Waits... many many more

Goals - improve hand synchronization, gain speed for faster runs - (not insane shredder fast - but I am limited in this capacity) expand hybrid picking and finger style.

5 Years - just still playing and learning - maybe playing out again

I cant say I can everyday because of work - but will generally tr to dedicate 45 minutes on average per day

Playing experience - Yes played in a cover band for about 3 years and have done 2 man and sol acoustic strum and sing (wedding, parties - not a ton though)

Strong points: Timing is pretty good for rhythm, phrasing is not bad (call and response) basic fills and solos are competent and get the job done.

weakness: speed, limited improvising, pick hand erratic when tackling lead work

I know some basic theory intervals , major minor scales, circle of fifths, very limited reading ability

Yes I can record videos of me playing.

I have done a few REC takes here already, I have videos and recordings on sound cloud of covers with me playing guitar, bass, and singing with EZ Drummer drum tracks. https://soundcloud.com/kalamari-431431621

Lastly, I have about half dozen or so original songs as well - these are private on Sound Cloud at the moment.

Thanks
Kurt

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2019, 05:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Juan! Thanks for your info!

Have you tried any GMC solo lesson? I would like to see you playing some to check your current technique and design the right guitar plan.

If your answer is not, these are some cool lessons to start:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-2/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JuanJovi
Nov 5 2019, 06:54 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 5 2019, 04:16 PM) *
Hi Juan! Thanks for your info!

Have you tried any GMC solo lesson? I would like to see you playing some to check your current technique and design the right guitar plan.

If your answer is not, these are some cool lessons to start:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-2/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Let me work on these lessons and record them to share for you to observe. I believe that I will have some issues with tempo on the Alt-Picking_Workout 2..... I will upload my takes here at my best tempo given some time to familiarize myself.

This will be a good benchmark for myself as well

more to come

Thanks
Kurt

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 6 2019, 02:33 PM
Instructor
Great! Let's go for it! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JuanJovi
Nov 8 2019, 04:22 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 6 2019, 01:33 PM) *
Great! Let's go for it! wink.gif

Here is a take of the Alternate Picking Workout #2.
https://youtu.be/KdfJAvmWE4o

I began this lesson a few days ago (3 days). Obviously, I would require more time to make some adjustments and improve and feel I am capable of getting to FULL speed - however, for evaluation I feel 90% accurately reflect my mechanics and I did put in hours of practice to get to this point (2 hours per day on average) using both a metronome and backing track at 80% and 90%.

I didn't go to great lengths to emulate the original tone - as this is not intended for a REC. I chose a basic dirt patch with all eq at 50%..

I will continue working on this piece - but to a lesser extent as I begin to examine and record the 2 other lessons suggested.

Thanks
Kurt

+Quote Post
JuanJovi
Nov 8 2019, 09:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is the Pick Hand Basic take at full tempo for consideration as well
Thanks

https://youtu.be/I-9i2zLUo28

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 10 2019, 09:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JuanJovi @ Nov 8 2019, 12:22 PM) *
Here is a take of the Alternate Picking Workout #2.
https://youtu.be/KdfJAvmWE4o

I began this lesson a few days ago (3 days). Obviously, I would require more time to make some adjustments and improve and feel I am capable of getting to FULL speed - however, for evaluation I feel 90% accurately reflect my mechanics and I did put in hours of practice to get to this point (2 hours per day on average) using both a metronome and backing track at 80% and 90%.

I didn't go to great lengths to emulate the original tone - as this is not intended for a REC. I chose a basic dirt patch with all eq at 50%..

I will continue working on this piece - but to a lesser extent as I begin to examine and record the 2 other lessons suggested.

Thanks
Kurt

Hi Kurt! Thanks for the update. This lesson is great for you. There are not things to fix here, you just need to continue practicing this lesson (or similar ones) to train your AP technique and make it sound smoother.

The notes are muted too soon, and that makes everything sound like with staccato. Try to make the notes sound more like in the original lesson. Polishing a bit your tone can help.

QUOTE (JuanJovi @ Nov 8 2019, 05:26 PM) *
Here is the Pick Hand Basic take at full tempo for consideration as well
Thanks

https://youtu.be/I-9i2zLUo28

Great job here! The only thing that I recommend you is to pay some attention to dynamics. Notice how the instructor accentuates the first note of each group of figures (8th, 16th and tripplets).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:30 PM