An Early Contribution To The Wiki- Please Critique
Evan
Jul 18 2007, 11:02 PM
GMC:er
In an earlier post where I suggested adding a commonly asked questions and tech article section, someone asked for a write-up about how to adjust intonation. This .pdf file attachment is the first of three articles I'm doing that explain what intonation is and how it works. I'm doing articles on scale length and compensation to give the necessary background and then the article explaining intonation. I figure from there, we can do detailed explanations for particular bridge types if there's interest.

Since in that earlier post, it was brought up that GMC is putting together a wiki, I tried to adhere to the wiki writing style in case someone wants to add this article to it. I wasn't sure if you want references cited for this wiki, but I do have them if necessary even though they're not in this draft.

This is a draft for an article that I wrote about scale length. Understanding scale length is important for many reasons -including intonation. I put it in a pdf file that way it was just one file to publish since it contains pictures, but it could be made into any file format later or multiple files.

Please offer your criticism of the article and please check to make sure I didn't make any mistakes -factual or otherwise. Hopefully, your critiques of this draft will help serve as guidelines as far as what's expected out of future potential contributions.

Download the file here:
Attached File  Scale_Length_Draft.pdf ( 711.07K ) Number of downloads: 87048

[attachment=1017:attachment]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Evan: Jul 19 2007, 08:46 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th April 2021 - 05:12 PM