2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Help Me Choose A Les Paul, Just cant decide..
fkalich
Oct 20 2007, 03:50 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Oct 19 2007, 09:42 PM) *
i would haha.

I would like one, but I have a fancy les paul, and don't need more guitars. but I like them. and reading on lespaulforum, they have good reviews.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 20 2007, 03:57 AM
I dont need anymore guitars either, i have 6 guitars that are worth over a grand at leased and 2 that arent, but still im going to buy more guitars, gear, etc when i have the money for the things that i want. biggrin.gif

But we should really talk about this somewhere else because we are ruining this persons threat.

Sorry about that!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jeff
Oct 20 2007, 04:01 AM
I had a 1983 Les Paul custom back in the day and it was the best guitar I have ever had. Unfortunately, I had to sell it some time ago for financial reasons. I still miss that guitar. One thing to think about is that the resale value on the Les Paul is very good if you ever find yourself in that position. I don't know anything about Epiphone so I couldn't tell you if resale is good or not. But, you should get the guitar that you like to play regardless if someone else might consider it cheap. It really shouldn't matter if you are not collecting them and you enjoy playing it. You would probably be happy with either one. smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 20 2007, 04:37 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 20 2007, 04:36 AM) *
I don't think you are talking abou the Standard Faded. If I could get them for $800, I would buy a ton of them, and sell them the next day on Ebay for a substantial profit. I think you are talking about the Mahogany.

Looked again and you're right, it's no maple top. And I'm happy, that makes me less irritated over the difference in price between US and here. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 20 2007, 05:12 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 19 2007, 10:37 PM) *
Looked again and you're right, it's no maple top. And I'm happy, that makes me less irritated over the difference in price between US and here. biggrin.gif

Its really a nice sound. Real nice clear woody sound, and pinch harmonics come easily, I think because of the Mahogany top. I highly recommend this guitar, and you can find one on Ebay pretty cheap if you look a bit. It is a studio, except it has burstbuckers, and the Mahogany top.

edit: also sustain is quit good, which surprised me.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Oct 20 2007, 05:13 AM

+Quote Post
symon
Oct 20 2007, 05:25 AM
HI speedmaster I have the Gothic Les paul you are looking at, to play it feels beautiful great action nice neck and great finish love the satin black finish and celtic cross and this guitar seems to have so much sustain the thing i didn't like about it was the bridge pick up really tinny and sort of muddy sounding i have a 1970's ibanez sg copy and the bridge humbucker on that used to sound monsterous compared to the gothic so i had emg's fitted 81 and 85 that cost me almost 3/4's of the original price i paid for the gothic so for that i could have been looking at one of the gibson studio les pauls i have played a few gibsons since my purchase and i have found the sound to be so much better (compared to mine ) but as for build quality i could not fault the epi like i say it is a beautiful guitar to play and now sounds awesome with the emg's
hope this is of help to you
warm regards symon
edited to add this comment :thats the gothic in my hand in my avatar shot smile.gif

This post has been edited by symon: Oct 20 2007, 05:33 AM

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Oct 20 2007, 06:03 AM
I would love to get the gibson silverburst but it would be completely lost on me as I'm only a beginner so the epi will be fine for now, once I feel I have improved my skills enough (and by then hopefully I'll have more money by then! laugh.gif ) I'll maybe invest in a Gibson. I definitely agree with kevin-riff-after-riff, the silverburst is definitely more eye-catching but I like the satin black finish too! I'm just looking for something in a fairly good lead guitar because the guitar I have right now ( B.C. Rich W.M.D. S.O.B.) is gret for metal rythm but isn't very versatile. The Zakk Wylde Bullseye looks damn sweet but I really dont like gold hardware, colud just switch it all to silver or black! cool.gif

This post has been edited by Spreedmaster: Oct 20 2007, 08:08 AM

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
bricktop
Oct 22 2007, 03:16 AM
It's all about the player, not if it's a Gibson or Epiphone. This is just marketing hype to make you think you need to spend more money to get a "better" guitar. Buy an epiphone and spend the rest of the money on lessons, books, practice, etc...
You can always change out the pickups if you don't like the tone...
Notice how Stevie Ray Vaughan always sounded like himself regardless of what guitar he was using and the different pickups he had in his collection of guitars? He didn't use "Texas Specials"...

It just reminds me of the golf club industry, "This giant titanium driver for 500.00 will let you drive the ball 275-300 yards!!" Yet most high caliber golfers can do it with an old Persimmon wood or standard metal"

I like the looks of the silverburst Epiphone Les Paul...

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:23 PM