Greetings Fellow Gutar Slingers, New Member
Big D
Aug 7 2007, 02:10 AM
GMC:er
Hey,
My name is Donovan and I live in Kentucky (USA). I just joined the clan a couple of days ago and I am really looking forward to making my way around in the site. I started playing guitar when I was 16 and have played for 20 years. (do the math on the age). When I was young, I thought I was going to play guitar for a living, as all young guitar players do, but realized in my late 20's it just wasn't going to happen. Same old story, in a band, starts to really be cool and then one guy would go to jail, quit for his girlfriend, or just generally be a lazy musician.
So, I decided to go to college so I wouldn't have to be a greeter at Walmart when I am 65, no disrespect to Walmart greeters, everybody has got to eat somehow. So, I got my degree in Finance from Indiana University, currently working on a double-master's degree, and work as a financial analyst for a fortune 500 company. Not exactly the path I saw myself taking as a long-haired kid. But, that is how life goes and its pretty good.
I was always an okay guitar player, nothing special. Now, I am looking for a few fellows my age who had to grow up and play out once a month or something. But, as I get older I really want to focus on creating a depth and breadth to my playing. I could usually play most tabs, but my theory, and therefore improv quality was minimal. I feel as though I can take my playing into a renaisance and be better than I ever was when I was younger. As I look around the site, I think I have found a good place to start. Please, feel free to reach out with any advice or favorite lessons (especiall jazz, blues, or country).
Thank you friends and talk to you soon,
Donovan

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:46 AM