Piotr's "gary Moore Style"
wrk
Mar 24 2009, 02:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Piotr's awesome "Gary Moore style" lesson is quite popular at the moment here, so i thought i give it a try as well.
It's not easy to cover the timing and phrasing of blues lines like the second part in this lesson, so i tried to keep at least the melody Piotr played, but modified the phrasing a bit.

I hope you like it and of course i am curious about some feedback .. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Pedja Simovic
Mar 24 2009, 02:16 PM
Instructor
Andy sounds great !

The melody in first octave could do some work, but after that everything was perfect - tone control, bending, phrasing - all well done really smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 24 2009, 02:18 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Very nice Andy!!! I liked it a lot. Love the new axe as well...Good job!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 24 2009, 03:23 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hell yes Andy!!. Great take for sure. smile.gif Awesome tone, bending and vibrato.

I love the way your new axe screams when you hit those bends. tongue.gif

Makes me want to leave work and go record another take laugh.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Artemus
Mar 24 2009, 03:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Hehe. I seem to have started a trend. Let's get everyone to play this tune, it's an awesome lesson. Speaking of which, that was an awesome take.

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 24 2009, 04:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Beautiful playing Andy. Adn I can see that you are using a lot of hybrid picking lately , very nice.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
wrk
Mar 24 2009, 04:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 24 2009, 02:16 PM) *
The melody in first octave could do some work, but after that everything was perfect - tone control, bending, phrasing - all well done really smile.gif

Thanks Pedja, i know what you mean ... the complete first part could be improved. I started this lesson on sunday, so i should just play it a few times more to get the melody more smooth, but i'm quite happy with the second part already. All those bends are stressful for the left hand, so i can not practice on this for hours .. laugh.gif

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Mar 24 2009, 03:23 PM) *
I love the way your new axe screams when you hit those bends. tongue.gif
Makes me want to leave work and go record another take laugh.gif

This guitar is maybe not a blues machine, but it screams .. thats true laugh.gif One reason i used a bit more aggressive sound on this .. not really gary more style, but anyway smile.gif. You should go home from work Jeff, i'm curious about your final take !!

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Mar 24 2009, 04:04 PM) *
Beautiful playing Andy. Adn I can see that you are using a lot of hybrid picking lately , very nice.

Thanks coffee smile.gif Well spotted, i like the sound of hybrid picking more and more and it makes things easier as to skip strings with the pick ... me and this little piece of plastic are not best friends anyway laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 25 2009, 02:25 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Really beautiful Andy smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Mar 25 2009, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Great! You are doing this much better than me! Vibrato is really Moorish!
Keep up the good work! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Rapitap
Mar 25 2009, 05:27 PM
GMC:er
Beautiful wub.gif

+Quote Post
Siggum
Mar 25 2009, 06:48 PM
Awsome!

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Farmer Joe
Mar 26 2009, 12:39 AM
that sounds great man smile.gif I got to agree, the tone, and especially the vibrato and bends sound really good. This has some great energy behind it.

--------------------

ESP LTD Viper-100FM
Bridge - GFS Dream 90
Neck - DiMarzio DP193 Air Norton

+Quote Post
wrk
Mar 26 2009, 09:54 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Mar 25 2009, 05:23 PM) *
Great! You are doing this much better than me! Vibrato is really Moorish!
Keep up the good work! smile.gif

I'm glad you took the time to listen to my take Piotr, thanks !
laugh.gif ... there is still so much to improve to reach the quality of your take. I am still working on your lesson and will do a new version soon. As Pedja said the first part needs some improvements. The second part turns out different every time anyway. Really nice lesson .. if you could do more of those would be awesome !!

Thanks Farmer Joe, Siggum, Rapitap and Rated Htr smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 26 2009, 10:22 PM
Can someone post the BT for this? smile.gif

Great take too! Nice feel wrk!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:29 AM