How To Play This Correctly..., because what I am doing does not work
Ctodd
Sep 29 2008, 09:21 PM
GMC:er
Hi Lian,

I have a question about Pavel's Galloping lesson, and since he's not here, I figured you might be the next best person to help me out with this.

here is part of the tab and the lesson is HERE

|--------------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
|--9\------------------------5--------|--4------------7-------------4--------|
|--7\------------------------7--------|--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--|
|--------0--0--0--0--0--0-----0--0--|---------------------------------------|

PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM
|-------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------|--2---------------------------------------|
|--5-----------------------------5---------|--2---------------------------------2--4--|
|--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--2--2--2--|--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--2--3--5---------|

PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM
|-------------------------------------------|-----------------------------|
|--5-----------------------------5---------|--7-------------------7--------|
|--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--|--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--------|

my problem is that I have been practicing this for quite some time, and I have not encountered any problems until now..

The lesson says to use 100% alternate picking, and up until now I THOUGHT thats what I was doing

like this

GALLOPING RHYTHM

------0----0--0--0----0--0--0----0--0--0----0--0--0----0--0 <------Open Low E String

------U----D-U--D----U--D--U---D--U-D----U--D-U----D--U <-----Pick Stroke

This worked well for quite some time until I got up into the 100 BPM area, and I am starting to find myself on the wrong side of the string when I need to play the accented (unmuted) notes throughout the passage... now with my current picking technique I wind up on the right side of the string for some notes, but not so for others.

Basically I would like to ask how would YOU play this lesson, and what would your right hand be doing as far as upstroke/downstroke?

If you need to me clarify my problem further I can...

Thanks!

-Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:35 PM