The Black Keys, apparently I've been living under a rock
rokchik
Apr 27 2010, 06:14 PM
The Dark Canuck
Just found out about this great blues/rock duo and am loving their stuff. Not sure how I've missed these guys as their music has been in a lot of films I've seen over the last few years... School of Rock, Black Snake Moan, Zombieland, I Love You Man and many others. They're compared a lot to the White Stripes, which I can see being as they are both duos and have a huge blues influence, but I think they each have their own style and sound. Dan Auerbach has a great voice I think and is great on the the ole six string. I miss the low end... seeing as they have no bassist... but I think they pull it off wonderfully. Not sure if we've ever discussed them here on GMC but thought I'd share anyways. Hope you all enjoy smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Daniel Realpe
Apr 28 2010, 02:25 PM
Instructor
very simple stuff and sounds kind of old, I guess that is intentional. They did a good job though!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:24 AM