Pod Xt Add Ons
Chris Evans
Jan 8 2008, 01:31 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Since getting my Pod XT live for christmas, I`m more than happy, in fact ecstatic with it, I`m loving the versatility that I get and the ease of use with the Gearbox software to tweak the patches.

My Pod has only got the FX junkie addon (which I think was free bundled in with the POD) and was thinking of purchasing the Metal shop add on.

Looking through the various add ons available I think this is possibly (for me) the only one worth purchasing, unless others can help me and tell me otherwise?

What do you guys think, do you think its worth buying the Metal shop add on or any of the others for my PODXT?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Jan 9 2008, 01:02 PM
Learning Roadie
i have the ,metal shop on my POD XT and tbh you could probably get close to those tones using the current modellers you have. it would take alot of work fiddling about... but ofcourse its very easy to just buy it. i was in love with the triple rectifier tongue.gif the deizel models are pretty good too.

the metal pack is definatly worth the money, and if you dont think it is, you have 30 days to send it back if you dont like it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 9 2008, 01:09 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
yea I think I`m gunna get it, its not huge amounts of cash.

Thanks for the answer, I was wondering really what extra you get from having it, and I hadnt thought of the money back guarantee.

Ok you`ve talked me into it laugh.gif

thanks mate smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 9 2008, 03:50 PM
GMC:er
I'd like to add another addon question.

Have any pod owner here bought the Line6 VST plugin?
Is it worth the money? I was going to buy it but I found the price outrageous.

What about the software quality? I'm not overly impressed by the software development on Line6. Problem with different java versions, haven't got Line6 Edit to work yet and it haven't been upgraded for a looong time. The X3 have been out for months but the software isn't ready yet... C'mon.

Anyway, all this made me back off and hesitate to buy it before I get some opinions on that piece software.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:34 AM