Help! Px4d Or Px5d?, Help me pick!
AnyJimmy
Jun 15 2008, 05:04 PM
GMC:er

Hi guys, once again I need your help laugh.gif

after reading Muris' review, i've decided to get a Korg Pandora, but i've stumbled over a problem:

Muris reviewed the PX4D, but there's also a newer model out, the PX5D, which features direct USB plugin to computer for use with recording software such as ACID.

So, is there anyone in the forums with experience with either processor? which one should i pick?

looking forward to your replies cool.gif

/Jimmy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 15 2008, 05:08 PM
I bought the PX4D, only to realise that the PX5D was out already .. dry.gif

Would definately recommend the PX5D.
It is better, because it plugs rigth into your computer and makes it a breeze to record.
It can also serve as your primary sound card.
And it got updated and improved presets as well.
I would definately buy that. laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jacmoe: Jun 15 2008, 05:08 PM

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Jun 15 2008, 05:09 PM
I agree with Jacmoe on that one:D My friend has PX5D

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 15 2008, 05:17 PM
Learning Roadie
The px5d is the same as the 4d but with footpedal and recording

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 15 2008, 05:17 PM
Lets go fishing!
The PX4D is great, I had one! I upgraded to a POD X3 because I had the money at the time. But the PX5D is fantastic too, and it has the USB interface!

In summary the PX4D is great, the PX5D has the extras so if you can afford it go for it smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 15 2008, 05:21 PM
If you plan on doing any recording, please consider the PX5D.
You might wanna join one of GMCs virtual bands.. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
AnyJimmy
Jun 15 2008, 06:15 PM

Thanks guys, PX5D it is! biggrin.gif

Cant wait to get it.

/Jimmy

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 15 2008, 06:32 PM
Instructor
I also recommend PX5D, it has a soundcard built in. This can help you if you don't already have a good soundcard for recording.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jun 15 2008, 06:33 PM
I have a PX5D, and it's awesome smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:33 AM