cleaning your guitar!
roballen
Jun 20 2006, 09:28 AM
GMC:er
hey

i've had my squire strat for almost 2 years and i have to admit i've never cleaned it! sad.gif

i've been looking at a lot of sites and forums and everyone says something different..

i bought some heavy bottom slinky strings which should work well for 'racer x' etc but before i put them on, i thought i might give the guitar a good clean since sliding up the fretboard is getting harder and slower!

so does anyone know any decent ways of scrubbing my guitar all over without damaging it? I've seen people saying they use floor polish to cif to spit to lemon juice... and i'm not too sure they're good for it

and there are some who say buying "guitar polish and fretboard oils" are a big nono. So far the only thing i've found out is to use a soft cloth so you don't scratch up the finish

i'm pretty stuck - what do you do?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 20 2006, 05:02 PM
GMC Founder
I am the wrong person to answer this - I am the dirtyest guitarist alive! biggrin.gif /K

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lezenko
Jun 20 2006, 06:32 PM
Thats an easy one.

First rule is dont spray anything on it as alot of the chemicals in polish/sprays can harm the materiels (especially the wood)

All you need is a dust cloth!. Take your strings off..... rub down all the neck, the base, bride, pick ups etc and thats it....Easy as can be! need any help let me know smile.gif

I have a gibson explorer and i clean it about once every two weeks, *picks up alot of dust for some reason :S*

+Quote Post
roballen
Jun 20 2006, 07:46 PM
just elbow grease eh? :think
fair enough - thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:29 AM