The Guitar Moniker Poll
Do you name your guitars?
Yes [ 8 ] ** [42.11%]
No [ 11 ] ** [57.89%]
Do you use girls names or boys names?
Girls [ 9 ] ** [47.37%]
Boys [ 1 ] ** [5.26%]
Omnigender [ 9 ] ** [47.37%]
Did you name one of your guitars after a special lady in your life?
Yes [ 2 ] ** [10.53%]
No [ 16 ] ** [84.21%]
She forced me to [ 1 ] ** [5.26%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
Spiderusalem
Oct 29 2007, 02:17 AM
GMC:er
I named my Hellraiser "Cecilia", after the patron saint of music. We're very happy together.

I usually name my guitars after a special lady in my life at that time. Even if we break up, I consider that name to be independent of the person it was based on, so I don't change the name no matter how bad the break up. Right now though, I'm single biggrin.gif

My epiphone "slasher" as it were, was named "Cally"

My Acoustic Yamaha C-310 was named "Jennifer"

and my very very first guitar was named "Julianne"

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Oct 29 2007, 02:21 AM
Instructor
My girlfriend forced me to call my old squier "ulrike"(that's not my girlfriend's name) ! biggrin.gif

My Ibanez doesn't have a name yet, because i don't have it so long.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Fabian Schulz: Oct 29 2007, 02:21 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 29 2007, 02:37 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I don't think you'll get a lot of "no" answers. I tried to anser No on the first, second is then n/a, so is the third though I could answer "no" aswell.

never ther less, you'd need a "told you I don't name guitars" option for the others questions. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 29 2007, 02:43 AM
Lets go fishing!
My guitar has no name, but i might call it Jennifer Love Hewitt or something laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif mellow.gif

Ok ive finally lost it.

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Owen
Oct 29 2007, 02:48 AM
laugh.gif My mate calls his guitar "betsy" - mine doesnt have a name sadly. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Oct 29 2007, 03:14 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 28 2007, 06:43 PM) *
My guitar has no name, but i might call it Jennifer Love Hewitt or something laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif mellow.gif

Ok ive finally lost it.

You lost it a while a go my friend. This is realizing it tongue.gif

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 29 2007, 03:22 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Oct 29 2007, 02:14 AM) *
You lost it a while a go my friend. This is realizing it tongue.gif

I dont think i ever truley "had it" wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 29 2007, 03:50 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yes i name my guitars, both female and male names.

Ibanez RG350MDX - Alyx (After the Half-Life 2 Character)
Washburn Dime Stealth V - Unas (After the Nile song, "Unas Slayer Of The Gods"
Nameless Acoustic - Rusty, for obvious reasons, trust me

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 29 2007, 04:00 AM
lol, none of my guitars have a name...yet wink.gif tongue.gif, ill think of some names for them.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 29 2007, 05:11 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Think mine are called 'this one', 'that one' and 'the other one'. Just to add a bit of chaos though the name is contextual rather then fixed for a specific guitar.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Oct 29 2007, 05:19 AM
My current guitar's name is "piece of s**t"; I have a new guitar on its way to me right now...I'll have to wait and see what name it deserves wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ayen
Oct 29 2007, 06:21 AM
Ibanez RG350MDX - Alyx (After the Half-Life 2 Character)

Excellent character to be named after.

Fender Squier - Ramrod
Ibanez RG4EX - Strife, for some reason it reminds me of the FF7 Character

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 29 2007, 06:48 PM
QUOTE (Ayen @ Oct 28 2007, 09:21 PM) *
Ibanez RG4EX - Strife, for some reason it reminds me of the FF7 Character

Excellent choice smile.gif

My favorite game.

+Quote Post
Animosity
Oct 30 2007, 03:48 AM
I'm not good enough at guitar to name mine yet! biggrin.gif

I'm wondering: Do you guys/gals think that guitarists name their instruments because the guitar invokes feelings that the player felt towards a certain someone?

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 28 2007, 08:43 PM) *

Ok ive finally lost it.

Oh no my friend, you have not lost it! Jennifer Love Hewitt is gorgeous! I'm sure she would be honored to haver your guitar named after her!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 30 2007, 08:09 AM
Well, i named my guitar just because how much of my life in consumed by it, and how important it is to me, something of this calibur deserves a title! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:13 AM