> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Madfish's Composition Corner
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 1 2012, 11:58 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Welcome to your personal thread biggrin.gif

I was going to ask you to send me some recordings where I can hear you play - in this way I will know where we can start!

All the best and looking forward on working together!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Madfish
Aug 1 2012, 05:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin,

Actually I did not have anything worth sharing, thus recorded this bit for you: Attached File  paranoid.mp3 ( 1.85MB ) Number of downloads: 119
. How is that?

Think that I should start with buying a decent audio interface for my computer. Right now I can only use the mic input and wire it up with the signal from my amp. I can't make it sound any better then that though. What would you recommend as a home recording kit?

Million thanks for becoming my guitar mentor smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2012, 03:17 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! This is not bad! For now, this quality will do, but if you want to upgrade - check out this little video:

What do you think? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Madfish
Aug 2 2012, 03:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 2 2012, 02:17 PM) *
What do you think? smile.gif

I've already tried that out smile.gif. Unfortunately the ASIO4ALL driver doesn't like my integrated sound card. Playing with Amplitube is fun though! Eventually I'll buy me a proper audio interface. M-Audio Fast Track or something alike. Think it's worth the money?

And, what's most important: where should I begin with my training? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2012, 07:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Madfish @ Aug 2 2012, 02:49 PM) *
I've already tried that out smile.gif. Unfortunately the ASIO4ALL driver doesn't like my integrated sound card. Playing with Amplitube is fun though! Eventually I'll buy me a proper audio interface. M-Audio Fast Track or something alike. Think it's worth the money?

And, what's most important: where should I begin with my training? smile.gif

A good audio interface is always worth the money wink.gif Now for the training routine, let's go for split:

1) Theory
2) Rhythm
3) Lead

Tell me, what sort of theoretical knowledge do you have so far?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Madfish
Aug 3 2012, 10:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 2 2012, 06:32 PM) *
Tell me, what sort of theoretical knowledge do you have so far?

Very basic. And probably selective.
- I can read notes smile.gif.
- I know how basic scales are built (major, natural minor, pentatonic).
- I can construct some basic chords.
- I know what a tonic, dominant and subdominant are and their function in harmony.

As I said, it's kind of selective and there might be some disorder smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2012, 05:00 PM
Instructor
Hey there man! Since you are already into theory, I suggest we tackle lessons based on phrasing and study the relationship between chords and melodies/ lead passages.

What do you think? A hands on approach is always paying results, in my opinion!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Madfish
Aug 5 2012, 09:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 4 2012, 04:00 PM) *
What do you think? A hands on approach is always paying results, in my opinion!

Hi Cosmin.
Yes, I totally agree. I'd also prefer a more interactive approach.
What would you recommend as the first assignment?

I'd love to learn one of those two:

If you have anything more appropriate though - shoot smile.gif

This post has been edited by Madfish: Aug 5 2012, 09:53 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 5 2012, 02:13 PM
Instructor
Stephane's lesson is a very challenging piece of music smile.gif I would most definitely enjoy seeing you make an attempt on it - so, let's see what's what with the theory behind it first and in the mean time you take a look over the parts and ask me if there's anything are having trouble with.

What I can tell you is that you need to focus on articulation (bending and vibrato) while having a good timing and good dynamics, just like Stephane does.

Do we have a deal?

smile.gif Cosmin

+Quote Post
Madfish
Aug 5 2012, 10:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 5 2012, 01:13 PM) *
Do we have a deal?

Sounds good. Deal! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 6 2012, 10:05 AM
Instructor
Ok my friend! smile.gif Let me know how it goes and when you put up a first recording, we will discuss on it wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Madfish
Aug 10 2012, 02:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 6 2012, 09:05 AM) *
Let me know how it goes and when you put up a first recording, we will discuss on it wink.gif

Hi Cosmin,
I'm taking 1,5 weeks off work and head south smile.gif Unfortunately won't have my guitar with me :/
Will get back to practising and come up with some recording as soon as I get back.

Cheers!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 10 2012, 04:58 PM
Instructor
well, mate since it is holiday season, I will wait till you get back smile.gif No biggie, just make sure you take the time to practice it properly wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Madfish
Sep 1 2012, 03:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin,
It took quite a while, but here it is. Mi first take! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2012, 08:18 PM
Instructor
Heeeeeeeeeey biggrin.gif Great take man! For a first this is very good!

I like the tone and the fact that you have good timing and touch for some of the passages where this is needed wink.gif What you must work on now, is making this take not sound rigid. You have focused to get all the parts correct and in good timing but you lost the feeling somehow - am I making sense? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Madfish
Sep 3 2012, 09:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 2 2012, 07:18 PM) *
What you must work on now, is making this take not sound rigid. You have focused to get all the parts correct and in good timing but you lost the feeling somehow - am I making sense? smile.gif

Yeah, quite a lot. My articulation is sooooo far from what Stephane does with this piece.
Any suggestions on where to start? ... vibratos?

Noticed that Stephane controls distortion with his volume knob. I'm using Amplitube so I believe that's not gonna work for me.

This post has been edited by Madfish: Sep 3 2012, 09:58 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 3 2012, 09:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Madfish @ Sep 3 2012, 08:48 AM) *
Yeah, quite a lot. My articulation is sooooo far from what Stephane does with this piece.
Any suggestions on where to start? ... vibrattos?

Noticed that Stephane controls distortion with his tone knob. I'm using Amplitube so I believe that's not gonna work for me.

wink.gif We'll work on it mate, no worries - tell me please, what other lessons regarding articulation (bending/ vibrato) have you tried so far?

+Quote Post
Madfish
Sep 3 2012, 10:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 3 2012, 08:55 AM) *
wink.gif We'll work on it mate, no worries - tell me please, what other lessons regarding articulation (bending/ vibrato) have you tried so far?

None smile.gif Soul/RnB is my first one on GMC.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 3 2012, 10:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Madfish @ Sep 3 2012, 09:00 AM) *
None smile.gif Soul/RnB is my first one on GMC.

Hmm then, I will suggest we tackle Ben's Vibrato Odyssey series wink.gif What do you say?

+Quote Post
Madfish
Sep 3 2012, 10:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 3 2012, 09:03 AM) *
Hmm then, I will suggest we tackle Ben's Vibrato Odyssey series wink.gif What do you say?

On to Ben's Vibrato Odyssey I go then smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:42 PM