Backing Track?
chris1093
Mar 25 2009, 03:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm planning on getting a Logitech quick cam 9000 soon, but I had a thought while I was here at school and watching some of the new REC program videos. Will the camera be able to pick up the amp and the backing track? Do I record them separately or do I need a different piece of equipment?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 25 2009, 03:09 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I don't record the audio with my camera, all the audio is recorded in pro tools, later I mix the audio and video files in Sony Vegas.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 25 2009, 03:17 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Same here, I record video with the webcam & the guitar+backing in reaper, then mix vid and sound using windows movie maker.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 25 2009, 04:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Best way will be to ask the instructor for particular lesson's backing and then record video and audio in two programs. Later on you just have to synchronize audio and video in the video editing software.You will have much better audio quality and there for it will be an easier job for instructors to grade your take (and to get better sound grades).

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
chris1093
Mar 25 2009, 05:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So, in addition to the camera i should buy a mike to record the sound separate?

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 25 2009, 06:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Depends really on your gear...For example if you have a multieffects unit lika POD you can go directly from it (via USB) or Line out to your PC's sound card to capture sound.

Generally you want to be able to record audio only with good quality on your PC and then video is just an addition to that - video. But for REC program MANY members record using sound from their camera so its OK to record that way if you don't have possibility for good quality sound capture on your PC with the gear you have.

What we suggested is the best option if you want to get good quality audio and video. But it requires good sound recording capabilities to start with.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 25 2009, 10:49 PM
Instructor
Best way is to record separately audio and video, this will give you far greater flexibility.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:32 AM