Marty Friedman's Interview
Adam
Apr 24 2019, 11:44 AM
Learning Roadie
It's quite interesting to watch, so I thought I'd share it smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2019, 06:33 PM
Instructor
I've watched the first 15 minutes and I loved it!! These interviews are always very inspiring.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 25 2019, 12:11 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 24 2019, 06:33 PM) *
I've watched the first 15 minutes and I loved it!! These interviews are always very inspiring.

I've watched about 25 minutes before and I'm finishing it now. I still learned new things about him! I always thought he didn't want another band after Megadeth but I guess that's why hearing the man himself is better than reading even the best article that's made to attract readers.
Besides the technicalities and more exact background I learned that he's a great person. Modest and kind, unlike some of the "rockstars". And he, of all people, has a lot to brag about. You're right saying these interviews are inspiring! I'm always more determined to improve after watching this kind of footage!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2019, 01:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam M @ Apr 24 2019, 08:11 PM) *
I've watched about 25 minutes before and I'm finishing it now. I still learned new things about him! I always thought he didn't want another band after Megadeth but I guess that's why hearing the man himself is better than reading even the best article that's made to attract readers.
Besides the technicalities and more exact background I learned that he's a great person. Modest and kind, unlike some of the "rockstars". And he, of all people, has a lot to brag about. You're right saying these interviews are inspiring! I'm always more determined to improve after watching this kind of footage!

If you didn't, I recommend to see other Captain meets chapters. Check out Paul Gilbert's, Steve Vai's, Guthrie Govan's and John Petrucci's. All of them are amazing and very inspiring!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 25 2019, 11:55 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Madfish @ Apr 25 2019, 10:05 AM) *
Slash, Petrucci, Vai, Satriani, Govan, Timmons ... all these great artists seem very humble. At least in the interviews. There is one obvious exception from Sweden.

Some time back I watched a long interview with Albert Lee. It struck me how tough (mentally/emotionally) you had to be to make it as a musician in the 60s/70s. Today you can pretty much never leave your bedroom. Maybe that makes a difference.

I even heard Yngwie is okay as a person but keeps this looks so people don't tire him but think of him as arrogant/egoistic. I don't know what to think of him as a person but he's definitely skilled as a musician. I meant small local bands that really act like the rockstars and dress accordingly while anyone hardly knows their name. There's quite a lot of them in my vicinity. They are superhumans because they do art.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 25 2019, 01:31 PM) *
If you didn't, I recommend to see other Captain meets chapters. Check out Paul Gilbert's, Steve Vai's, Guthrie Govan's and John Petrucci's. All of them are amazing and very inspiring!

I found this channel because of gear reviews but I'll follow your advice! I didn't know they do that kind of videos too until now. I enjoy listening to others and learning more about people but musicians are even more interesting to hear out smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:02 PM