2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Wich Codec Are You Using?
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 28 2008, 01:39 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Mar 27 2008, 07:14 PM) *
OMG when I format my PC i lost my configuration !! sad.gif I'm having lot of problems to edit my videos... I canot find a good config with the premier, I don't know why but all the original settings are horrible sad.gif

I try to install Vegas now, I surrender to Premiere

Yeah use vegas man its much easier and you get pretty same results wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 28 2008, 01:50 AM
Instructor
and what settings are you using ?? I have been trying it this evening and my demo file (4 minutes) was more than 1GB !!! laugh.gif that's too much for me tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 28 2008, 12:00 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Which version of Vegas are you guys actually using? The regular or pro version? I have Adobe Premiere Elements and it seems ok, but I wonder if Vegas is better ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 28 2008, 01:13 PM
Instructor
I use Vegas 7.0 and use wmv codec, with a VBR video quality of 97% (whatever that means :unsure). Anyway the file should be around 15MB all in all.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 28 2008, 01:54 PM
Instructor
mmm I have the Vegas 6... mmm I'm gonna see if I have this codec wink.gif
Ah, how do you put the text in Vegas ?? In premiere it was so easy but I have lot of problems with it because it adds automaticaly a black square around my video sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 28 2008, 01:58 PM
Instructor
You put text by clicking the right mouse button on the video track and choose "add text media". Then you can click on the text event (which becomes an event like any other video), and it will open a window with all kinda of options for text editing, shadows etc..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 28 2008, 02:18 PM
Instructor
yeah, I find this option in the menu and now how can I put in with a transparent background ??

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Apr 6 2008, 11:12 AM
Instructor
What about using FLV codecs the one used by the ICP?

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 6 2008, 11:22 AM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Mar 28 2008, 03:18 PM) *
yeah, I find this option in the menu and now how can I put in with a transparent background ??

You can go to generate media > text > and choose the type with transparent background..You can drag and drop in the timeframe from there..Just make sure you place it in a track that is above your video track..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 6 2008, 11:23 AM
Instructor
Sorry for going slightly offtopic, but does anyone use Ulead Studio?
It came with the new camera and judging from the first few experiments i've done i think it's great.. and i estimate it will save me a few hours from the usual VirtualDub editing procedure.

Is Ulead any good? or should i try to get a version of Vegas while i'm first at it?
I'm still quite new to videoediting-software.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 6 2008, 11:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Apr 6 2008, 12:22 PM) *
You can go to generate media > text > and choose the type with transparent background..You can drag and drop in the timeframe from there..Just make sure you place it in a track that is above your video track..

Thanks mate, I will try it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 6 2008, 07:04 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Apr 6 2008, 12:23 PM) *
Sorry for going slightly offtopic, but does anyone use Ulead Studio?
It came with the new camera and judging from the first few experiments i've done i think it's great.. and i estimate it will save me a few hours from the usual VirtualDub editing procedure.

Is Ulead any good? or should i try to get a version of Vegas while i'm first at it?
I'm still quite new to videoediting-software.

Well I think it is good enough! You don't need actually any special features...VirtualDub is cool but a little hard to use..If you can make everything easily in Ulead there is no need to go for Vegas..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 9 2008, 10:16 PM
Instructor
I would recommend Vegas. Virtual Dub is cool but it is for linear editing I think. In vegas yo can layout several tracks at once - so it's unlinear editing, and Vegas is very easy to work with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Apr 15 2008, 05:32 PM
Instructor
None uses FLV codecs?

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 16 2008, 04:38 PM
Instructor
What do you mean? You can save it in any kind of format I guess...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Apr 16 2008, 06:27 PM
Instructor
the same codecs ico uses, so he doesn't have to compress it again

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:12 AM