Maybe A Helpful Tip To Someone
AIB234
Mar 14 2007, 02:53 AM
GMC:er
I've been sitting and working on a few licks and I notice that when I play certain licks, especially certain ones with string skipping that my picking is not consistent and then I had a small 'break through'.

Keep alternate picking at the speed of the metronome, not the speed of your fingers. If your fingers can't keep up, it's time to slow down the metronome. Up until now I've been picking based on what my fingers were doing, not staying at a constant pick rate with the metronome regardless of finger motion. Instantly my playing has become steadier, more fluent, and constant like no other.

It seems so silly and simple now that I've realized this, but hey, gotta start somewhere.

Maybe this can help someone else.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 14 2007, 11:36 AM
GMC Founder
Awesome - sharing this kind of experience is very helpful to those who are in the same learning phase as you! biggrin.gif

keep 'em coming

Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:36 AM