2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Darkest Simpson Intro Ever, Recently, this intro to the Simpson show aired and I couldn't beli
Todd Simpson
Jan 14 2011, 04:39 PM
GMC:er
I couldn't believe that FOX let this actually hit air as it's a HUGE dig at FOX and at corporate culture, consumerism, and at the outsourcing of animation and sweat shop labor to build toys, etc. I don't know how it made it past the censors and the lawyers.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 14 2011, 04:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 14 2011, 05:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hehehhehe I'm not sure if this was ever aired but its very very funny in a strange way smile.gif))

Simpsons always dig on FOX and their management but its part of the fun I guess.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2011, 05:57 PM
Instructor
laugh.gif that's really dark man!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
K1R
Jan 14 2011, 05:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. Am I so cruel? laugh.gif It's very funny and very dark at the same time.

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jan 14 2011, 06:10 PM
Futurama has done the same to FOX. Just stickin' it to the man.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jan 14 2011, 07:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great, dolphins and unicorns biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 14 2011, 07:40 PM
Tone Seeker
Cool ! Actually I have never seen Simpsons so clear, HD maybe ?

Here in Finland they only air old Simpsons.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 14 2011, 07:41 PM
Instructor
it's like saying: "we all know this is real and it's happening right now. Anyway, we'll show it on the most popular tv show so you accept it as a normal thing."

That's kind of the message I got from it

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Fusar
Jan 14 2011, 10:05 PM
This is so great... in lots of ways. Thx for sharing!

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 14 2011, 10:08 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I really love the way the Simpsons point out what's happening in the world and still manage to stay funny smile.gif
That intro is just awesome and kinda makes you choke on your laughter wink.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 14 2011, 10:24 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama, they all do it to fox.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 17 2011, 11:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 14 2011, 07:41 PM) *
it's like saying: "we all know this is real and it's happening right now. Anyway, we'll show it on the most popular tv show so you accept it as a normal thing."

That's kind of the message I got from it

I got similar message. Let's make the truth a bit more fun for the audience, so they don't think it's that bad.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jan 18 2011, 12:13 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 17 2011, 11:54 PM) *
I got similar message. Let's make the truth a bit more fun for the audience, so they don't think it's that bad.

Really? I think most people don't -want- to believe this is happening, and so they trick themselves into believing it doesn't... Seeing this makes people know. Most people does not believe it is as common as it is.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 18 2011, 12:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jan 18 2011, 01:13 AM) *
Really? I think most people don't -want- to believe this is happening, and so they trick themselves into believing it doesn't... Seeing this makes people know. Most people does not believe it is as common as it is.

I wouldn't agree. I mean, "The simpsons" is like the funniest show, the greatest comic show ever. It's like impossible to take something serious out of it. And that's the whole point. But that's just my naive opinion and maybe it's not like that.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jan 18 2011, 12:36 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 18 2011, 12:27 AM) *
I wouldn't agree. I mean, "The simpsons" is like the funniest show, the greatest comic show ever. It's like impossible to take something serious out of it. And that's the whole point. But that's just my naive opinion and maybe it's not like that.

Yeah, they are funny, but they are also famous for bringing up important topics in society. Funny or not, bring them up to peoples minds. If any of ours opinion is naive, it would be mine, wouldnt it? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 18 2011, 12:53 AM
Instructor
I'm into conspiracy theories, so this might sound a bit paranoid, but I believe all the these informations can be packed in LOTS of different ways. Media can pack the illegal labor information to make it sound very pleasant or funny even, and it can pack it to sound very scary. It's the power of media. I cannot prove that this information is put there to get people used to this, as something that is not that scary, but - yes I do think so. wink.gif It may not be true as I said, but I think so.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jan 18 2011, 12:54 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jan 18 2011, 03:32 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Fox is a profit driven business, just like any other business is. When it comes to entertainment, socially liberal topics generate more revenue, and thats why their entertainment division is drastically different than their so called "news" channel biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Jan 18 2011, 11:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Wow man, that was dark... and political. In a good way, I'm happy about it. The Simpsons is a great series since it keeps joking about the way the current world has been going for decades, but in a way that no one can actually be offended by.

But on the other hand, that's so sad. Cause it's true.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 18 2011, 07:32 PM
Instructor
They've taken some stabs at FOX before. Family Guy does it too.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jan 22 2011, 06:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jan 17 2011, 06:13 PM) *

I agree with you sol, people believe what they wanna believe.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:12 PM