2 Pages V   1 2 >  
My Take On Mojo Oro Pt. 1!, What do you think
Wabba
Sep 14 2009, 08:48 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Okay, as I i mentioned somewhere before, I've been practicing this for a while, and today i found the time needed record it. It took about 60 takes, and this is the 57th of them. The reason it's uploaded in the forum and not youtube is because It's still a bit sloppy, and I'm going to record a better version. Maybe smile.gif
Anyways, Id like to hear comments about this, and, about my technicue generally, And how much do I have to improve to make it pass in the rec program. No need to tell me where i screwed up or how bad i did it, i know that very well ph34r.gif

So here it is:

Attached File  MojoOroFinalBeta.wmv ( 3.8MB ) Number of downloads: 276

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark_dude
Sep 14 2009, 08:51 PM
GMC:er
It really sounds like the tempo is too fast for you man. Slow it down a bit and perfect it there first. Good effort though smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
*Ibanez 2550E Prestige
*LTD EC-1000
*Squier bullet
----
*Roland Cube 30W
----
*Line 6 Pod Studio GX
My Practice Agenda

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 14 2009, 08:58 PM
Instructor
Great take, couple of notes weak here and there, but it seems you got it all done, just need time to settle a bit until it is perfect. Well done smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Tolek
Sep 14 2009, 09:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Good job, you´re definitely getting it. Just slow down a bit (120 bpm is enough, in my opinion) and clean up the dirty parts. Well done!

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 14 2009, 09:06 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
I think that most of the sloppiness if caused by the (now much smaller) recording fear of mine. Just more takes and it'll come smile.gif

+Quote Post
dark_dude
Sep 14 2009, 09:10 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Wabba @ Sep 14 2009, 09:06 PM) *
I think that most of the sloppiness if caused by the (now much smaller) recording fear of mine. Just more takes and it'll come smile.gif

I still have that in large amounts!

Give it a bit of time and you'll be able to do a great take.

--------------------
*Ibanez 2550E Prestige
*LTD EC-1000
*Squier bullet
----
*Roland Cube 30W
----
*Line 6 Pod Studio GX
My Practice Agenda

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Sep 14 2009, 09:51 PM
Instructor
Great take! I guess there are some work on it, it isn't quite accurate yet, but this is a nice job. Congrats! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
GGTopGuitarist
Sep 14 2009, 10:23 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
awesome job smile.gif and i know what you mean about recording fear.. i think i'm just getting over that smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 14 2009, 10:24 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very good take! That fear of recording will wear of with constant recording smile.gif No other way around it then to record as much as you can! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 14 2009, 11:48 PM
Instructor
Great start. Keep it up smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 15 2009, 12:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 15 2009, 12:48 AM) *
Great start. Keep it up smile.gif

Agree, potential is there, bit more work and it shall be ok. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 15 2009, 05:30 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Thanks guys, i really appreciate these kind comments smile.gif

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 27 2009, 02:45 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Still missing an answer to that would this pass rec program... I don't want to post it into youtube unless i know that it's good wink.gif. I have fixed my picking, i can now pick this fully from wrist, but if this take can pass the rec test, then i'd rather spend my time practicing something new (like phrygian soloing -advanced, It so hard with all those 5- and 6-notes per beat rhytm patterns and i just can't stop practicing it smile.gif)
So, Could it pass the rec...?

EDIT: Btw, Are double posts allowed?

This post has been edited by Wabba: Sep 27 2009, 02:46 PM

+Quote Post
Staffy
Sep 27 2009, 03:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
Well done, you'll almost there. But I must say that i understand why You are shaking your hand at the end, if it was the 57'th take..... My hand would have shaken after the first 8 bars... biggrin.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 27 2009, 03:08 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Staffy @ Sep 27 2009, 03:02 PM) *
Well done, you'll almost there. But I must say that i understand why You are shaking your hand at the end, if it was the 57'th take..... My hand would have shaken after the first 8 bars... biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, indeed, but it looks still stupid... dry.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Sep 27 2009, 03:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Wabba @ Sep 27 2009, 04:08 PM) *
Oh yeah, indeed, but it looks still stupid... dry.gif laugh.gif

Nah, if that argentian guy shook his hand after playing "Flight of the bumble-bee" in 340 BPM (Guiness World Record), I think its allowed for You to shake Yours as well...., biggrin.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 27 2009, 03:31 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Staffy @ Sep 27 2009, 03:28 PM) *
Nah, if that argentian guy shook his hand after playing "Flight of the bumble-bee" in 340 BPM (Guiness World Record), I think its allowed for You to shake Yours as well...., biggrin.gif

Hmmm, yeah, i guess so tongue.gif , But what do you think, could this pass the rec test? Or is there too many mistakes and bad stuff?

+Quote Post
Staffy
Sep 27 2009, 03:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Wabba @ Sep 27 2009, 04:31 PM) *
Hmmm, yeah, i guess so tongue.gif , But what do you think, could this pass the rec test? Or is there too many mistakes and bad stuff?

Hmmm, that was a tough question. I really dont know. Since its such a hard piece Muris has to be a little kind... tongue.gif
But personally, I had rehearsed for one more week or so. If You are not 100% satisfied yourself, You should'nt post it.

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 27 2009, 03:56 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Staffy @ Sep 27 2009, 03:39 PM) *
Hmmm, that was a tough question. I really dont know. Since its such a hard piece Muris has to be a little kind... tongue.gif
But personally, I had rehearsed for one more week or so. If You are not 100% satisfied yourself, You should'nt post it.

//Staffay

Well, i'm not 100% satisfied with it, because I make mistakes and play it from the elbow, BUT I also already started practicing a new lesson, which is taking all my time, so maybe I just can't participate yet.. sad.gif

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 27 2009, 04:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Wabba @ Sep 27 2009, 04:56 PM) *
Well, i'm not 100% satisfied with it, because I make mistakes and play it from the elbow, BUT I also already started practicing a new lesson, which is taking all my time, so maybe I just can't participate yet.. sad.gif

Don't worry about it. smile.gif Take your time, and work on other lessons meanwhile, and you won't be bored with it.
If you are not pleased about it, and know what you should do to improve, you don't need anyone to rate it, and tell you what you already know wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:04 PM