Suddenly, My Girl Likes Metal...
Gitarrero
Aug 27 2010, 01:49 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi guys,

now I've been telling you some stuff about my girlfriend in the past (that she got me a Dick Dale autograph and went to see a Bad Religion concert with me and so on...), here is the newest story:

Usually, she doesn't like metal and just told me about a week ago: !you listen to a lot of metal lately, I mean, you used to listen more to punk rock in the past?" I told her that I like to change the music I hear and play and stuff. Well, then I took her car to take it to the garage and put the new Blind Guardian album in the cd player. A few days later, she went to pick the car up. Today she asked me: "What album was that playing in my car? That was really nice, I listened to the whole thing!" I told her: " That was Blind Guardian, you know, the german metal band that I am going to see live in october? Where the one guitar player teaches at GMC? Remember the video I showed you?" "Oh, so THAT is how they sound? I really like it...maybe I should come with you to that concert?"
Another success wink.gif It's so much nicer to go to a concert with your girlfriend. Especially metal concerts, cause let's be honest, I have never seen an attractive girl on a metal concert. So mine would be the first biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Aug 27 2010, 01:50 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 27 2010, 01:53 PM
Learning Roadie
laugh.gif This made me chuckle! Glad you have somebody so pretty on your side. Better than taking a buddy, right? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 27 2010, 01:56 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
haha.. everyone will be staring at her.. wink.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 27 2010, 01:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
Maybe you found a loophole to subconsioulsy influence women! We gotta field test that immediatley!!!

Record a one hour long loop of yourself saying *I would like a sandwich*, burn it onto a CD and put it in your Car! Let's see if your girlfriend is going to make you a sandwich after driving the car...

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Aug 27 2010, 01:58 PM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 27 2010, 02:18 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 27 2010, 02:58 PM) *
Maybe you found a loophole to subconsioulsy influence women! We gotta field test that immediatley!!!

Record a one hour long loop of yourself saying *I would like a sandwich*, burn it onto a CD and put it in your Car! Let's see if your girlfriend is going to make you a sandwich after driving the car...

I'll try that! Better still, I'll record a metal tune and "I would like a sandwich" is the only sung part...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 27 2010, 02:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ha, good for you that you can enjoy that together.

My girlfriend doesn't care that much for music,
but she listens to a lot of very different music as a background.
It could be Disney songs or some strange blues.
At least she has a lot of Nightwish, some SOAD...
This is not really amazing.

The amazing thing is that her parents gave us tickets to a small metal act in Denmark,
because it was my birthday and she had told them I like metal.

Just saying: It is possible to find girlfriends, who will go to a concert with you laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 27 2010, 08:36 PM
GMC:er
Metal Head Chicks are so rare and inbetween... how did you convert her!

Did you start playing Death Metal?
She's probably like ugh, go back to that metal stuff you where playing before - anything is better than this!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Aug 27 2010, 08:45 PM
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Aug 27 2010, 09:36 PM) *
Metal Head Chicks are so rare and inbetween... how did you convert her!

Did you start playing Death Metal?
She's probably like ugh, go back to that metal stuff you where playing before - anything is better than this!

Ah, a girlfriend who like metal.. It's the second best thing after the axe. Also Azza! That is very very very.... Meh, thats true. For some reason girls I have had loved death metal tho.

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 27 2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I'm going to see Ozzy with my girlfriend next month... but like always there's a catch. I have to go to a Lady Gaga concert... I have to be really really really drunk, to get trough that damn circus.

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 27 2010, 11:06 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 27 2010, 08:18 AM) *
I'll try that! Better still, I'll record a metal tune and "I would like a sandwich" is the only sung part...

laugh.gif [Growling] "I WOULD LIKE A SANDWICH!!! RAAAAAHHH!!!" laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Fusar
Aug 27 2010, 11:22 PM
A soulmate laugh.gif well yeah, I'm also a girl who likes metal... I had a friend I was very interested in and he asked me to go out with him to a Trivium concert... I couldn't say no to this and didn't regret it! Was one of my best concerts and since then I listen to it regularly laugh.gif

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 28 2010, 07:57 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Well, how did I convert her?
When we got together 9 years ago, she had the usual taste in music every 19 year old girl has...boring pop music. I played Hammerfall's beautiful "Always Will Be" and she loved it. Of course, it's a ballad, but still it's cool to say that "our" song is a Hammerfall tune laugh.gif
Then, I made a mix-tape with some rock ballads for her. One week later, we were a couple. Throughout the years, I created several mix-tapes or CD samplers with different themes for her. This sampler series is called "Rockchick". One year ago, when I began to listen to different kinds of metal, I created a "Metal Chick" CD for her with all the different styles on it. She liked some of the songs, especially power metal and progressive metal. So she's been listening to Hammerfall, Dream Theater, Vanden Plas and Blind Guardian on a regular basis now. A couple of months ago, I had Arch Enemy's live album playing in my car. When I turned the CD on, there was a very melodic double lead part and she was like "Oh, that's nice and melodic!" until Angela's voice kicked in "WWWRRRROOOAAAAAGHGHHH!" and she said "Well, the singing is not my type, but the music is great. What? That's not a girl singing...are you kidding me?"
So, I still have to convert her to death metal...but she likes punk rock a lot and went to see Green Day and Bad Religion with me in the past, so I strongly suggest you start making mix-CDs for your girls, and start slow to get them into rock music in general.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Fusar
Aug 28 2010, 01:28 PM
Metallica is as well a good starting point for heavier music...everybody loves Nothing Else Matters - Unforgiven, One, Turn The Page etc. aren't as well not too heavy.
I also liked "Sangre Hermosa" of Ill Nino, before I got into "heavier music" ;-)

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:08 AM