2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Replacing Strings, How many wraps?
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 1 2014, 09:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Sep 30 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Hey!, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! I have not heard of that one before. Nice tip Cosmin! smile.gif

I am very glad and honored to have been able to teach you something, man! smile.gif

But hey, this is what we're all here for, right? To learn from one another, so let's make the best in that direction.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 1 2014, 09:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mith @ Sep 26 2014, 01:03 AM) *
if you hold the string at the peghead and then lift the string up about a handspan. that will give you around 2 turn and I always go one above and one below. Trick is you don't need as many turns on the string as most people think and having to many mean it can slip a tiny bit and create tuning instablility. Also lubricate your nut.

Usually do the same smile.gif Sometimes if the string to nut angle is poor, and nut slots are shallow, You need to get some extra rounds, to increase the angle

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 1 2014, 08:57 AM) *
Usually do the same smile.gif Sometimes if the string to nut angle is poor, and nut slots are shallow, You need to get some extra rounds, to increase the angle. Otherwise string can slip of the nut once You hit hard

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:24 AM