> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: David Gilmour Style Lesson, Lesson By David Wallimann
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

krakou
Apr 21 2015, 08:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: David Gilmour Style Lesson by David Wallimann

Take 2 of this lesson, this time with a beer :-)

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=53139

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 22 2015, 01:18 AM
Instructor
Hi again mate!

My comments on the other lesson (beyond blues) can be applicable here but we must add bending. I notice that your bending is not precise on this take, there are many that are very close, but not totally there, so pay more attention to the pitches, as well as your timing.

So to summarize, work on:

Bending
Timing
Dynamics

Nothing else to add here, keep rocking.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 22 2015, 04:26 PM
Instructor
Probably most distractive thing here is a pitch of Your bends. Dynamics are a matter of taste - You can control Your tone and squeeze that softnes out of Your guitar. Maybe a little luck of sharpness (stronger piking, more contrast to softly played notes) would make a good deal here but I can't say it sounds bad the way it's now. As for the bends try to review some bend lessons and tips on both - Lessons data base and archive forum topics at GMC. There are several ways to practice this smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 27 2015, 09:05 AM
Instructor
Hi man, this is a definite improvement over your previous take. I know the guys have singled out your bending but I think your bending here is much better than the first take you did. It's more confident and you're generally more accurate with the pitch than before. Well done with that. Keep going with bending practise because you'll be able to add more vibrato to it eventually and really get those Gilmour bends happening. Just remember what I said on the previous video about adding vibrato to bends... make sure the note returns the pitch in between the vibrato bits.

There's a few moments where your timing isn't as tight as it could be through the pentatonic runs. They rush in front of the beat just slightly like at 0:45 and 0:54 so just be careful of going too fast during those little runs.

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 28 2015, 08:21 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:30 AM