4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Has The World Come To An End?, This is horrible music
Canis
May 3 2009, 08:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Red @ May 3 2009, 09:23 PM) *
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9NOrH-Z-h0&annotation_id=annotation_592985&feature=iv[/url]

This was actually the worst song I've ever heard, and I'm serious.
(It's another from the same band)

No. Just.... No.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wim Novak
May 3 2009, 09:02 PM
GMC:er
HAHAHAHAHA. I said they sucked on a video of theirs and the response i got, was Not very intelligent.

edited for language by rokchik

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rokchik: May 3 2009, 10:56 PM

+Quote Post
Red
May 3 2009, 09:03 PM
QUOTE (Sergei Polusmiak @ May 3 2009, 10:02 PM) *
HAHAHAHAHA. I said they sucked on a video of theirs and the response i got, Not very intelligent

laugh.giflaugh.gif

edited quote for language by rokchik

This post has been edited by rokchik: May 3 2009, 10:57 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Epiphone SG, a really bad Telecaster (First Electric), Acoustic guitar (Unknown brand).

Amplifier: Marshall MG 30DFX.

Soon to come: Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR

+Quote Post
Wim Novak
May 3 2009, 09:09 PM
I have bad taste buds? I dont taste most music.

+Quote Post
Ctodd
May 3 2009, 09:52 PM
Oh c'mon people, the reactions that you are having to this are the same reactions people when they here heavy metal, and the same reactions people had one old-school rock and roll first hit the scenes. And I know that many of you are into the whole Opeth/Iced Earth sort of music. If It's not your thing, then it's not your thing, but condemning it and saying that it's not music is just not right.

I listened to the whole thing and enjoyed it, it carries a lot of energy. And yes, I know what most of you will say, it's the same riff over and over again. But that which is not musical is not that which is not music.

When you play a song like this at a college party, people get excited, and people like it. end of story... it's a good song.

I'm not trying to start an argument (obviously) but I always get a little upset when I hear people condemning any sort of genre of music.

This post has been edited by Ctodd: May 3 2009, 10:05 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Jesse
May 3 2009, 10:10 PM
I kind of agree, not that I enjoyed it, but that at a party, people woud like it. I think tho, it's just taste, I don't know. I think the lyric's are pretty lame but anyway........

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Wim Novak
May 3 2009, 10:19 PM
I wasn't saying you couldn't listen to it. But you have to admit they do not use much of their talent (if they have any at all)

+Quote Post
Jesse
May 3 2009, 10:20 PM
tongue.gif I even liked this intro... too catchy! till 0:45

Hehe, sorry!:D .....

Can't help it !

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Ctodd
May 3 2009, 10:49 PM
QUOTE (Sergei Polusmiak @ May 3 2009, 05:19 PM) *
I wasn't saying you couldn't listen to it. But you have to admit they do not use much of their talent (if they have any at all)

Half of today's pop-stars have no talent. Kanye West *cough* tongue.gif But whoever is writing for them does. The stuff on Kanye's albums are great, and I enjoy the music. But he can't sing AT ALL when on stage. Part of listening to music (for me) is recognizing talent, but only a small part. Sure it doesn't take much talent at all to write what was posted at the beginning of this thread, but when I here something like that it just makes me want to get up and start jumping up and down. I don't think "wow, these guys are geniuses".

But it's frustrating to hear people condemn something that alienates them, or something they don't understand. If I said something like "Listen to this song by Iced Earth, all they are doing is just screaming jibberish into a microphone and playing really f'ing loudly." I sort of feel I would be attacked by the metal-heads of this forum, and rightfully so!

Ignorance is just ugly...

EDIT: Sorry, I'm sure I misinterpreted some of your reactions, but this is just directed at at the sort of directed at a general crowd of people who have these reactions to music. I feel there's just this never-ending war between people that hate Music genre A for reasons B and C, and people who like Music genre A for those same reasons. I'll say it again, if a person likes a certain pop-song like the one in this thread, for someone else to say that it's "terrible music".... eh... I just don't like it when people say such things.

</rant>

This post has been edited by Ctodd: May 3 2009, 11:01 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
sigma7
May 3 2009, 11:17 PM
i liked it, unique

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 3 2009, 11:22 PM
Instructor
i guess this is the balance for all the good stuff out there. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
sigma7
May 3 2009, 11:27 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 3 2009, 05:22 PM) *
i guess this is the balance for all the good stuff out there. smile.gif

Ivan, ur the man

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
May 4 2009, 04:28 AM
usually, this isn't in my taste, but I actually liked the song. and all the other ones that were posted in this thread. Screamo and Rap sounds like it would make a great combo haha

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
May 4 2009, 04:46 AM
Instructor
Hahaha BIZARRE!!!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
kahall
May 4 2009, 05:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Obnoxious d-bags.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 4 2009, 06:45 AM
QUOTE (Fullmetal_Tmd @ May 4 2009, 08:28 AM) *
usually, this isn't in my taste, but I actually liked the song. and all the other ones that were posted in this thread. Screamo and Rap sounds like it would make a great combo haha

Yeah, but its not really screamo though. That's like saying Death is Black Metal because chucks voice is the same as Nocturno Culto and therefore it is Black Metal.

But ehh, this band just found a way to rip off the masses with one hit wonders, and I admire every band who sells music for more than what its worth. I also stopped caring about the world of terrible music. You guys all bitch and moan about this stuff, when really there is nothing to throw tantrums at. Its just a bunch of guys milking every sucker for what its worth. If I was that creative, oh man I would have a stable income for the next 3-5 years!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 4 2009, 07:09 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Haha biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: May 4 2009, 07:10 AM

+Quote Post
jonathan
May 5 2009, 09:55 AM
that was painful !!! obviously not my type of music

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
May 5 2009, 10:41 AM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
wow, my ears are bleedinnnnnnnnn !!

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
May 5 2009, 04:51 PM
Instructor
I was thinking that the audio of my PC was working badly. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:48 PM