Obama [ 115 ] ** [89.84%]
McCain [ 13 ] ** [10.16%]
Total Votes: 128
Guests cannot vote 
mjsteps
Nov 4 2008, 11:07 AM
GMC:er

Obamas Tax Plan

For the past 10 years I have been getting up to go to work six days a week and every day for the last ten years my neighbor sits on his porch, says hello and tells me to have a wonderful day.
Today my neighbor meet me at the car as I was leaving and he asked me if perhaps this week I might work some extra hours and even perhaps work seven days a week, so that he could buy his wife a birthday present.

This is what is called "redistribution" of wealth. So get back to work, give a little extra cause someone else needs it.

The problem with the plan. I am not wealthy. I work hard. Started from ground zero, prospered through hard work, long hours, having to quit jobs, take better ones, put myself through college raising 3 kids and yet not once did I look for a helping hand. Then my world came crashing down. I could of easily filed bankrupcy, cried for help or just given up but no, you press on, you sacrifice, you do what ever you have to do to make your situation better. I could go on about how low my life was but this is not the place.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 11:23 AM
Not long now. Obama better win but I still think McCain will somehow win because I don't think Americans will have the sense to vote for Obama. They like bloodshed whereas in the UK we don't and we are ripping Labour apart for going into Iraq.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Nov 4 2008, 12:05 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 4 2008, 11:23 AM) *
Not long now. Obama better win but I still think McCain will somehow win because I don't think Americans will have the sense to vote for Obama. They like bloodshed whereas in the UK we don't and we are ripping Labour apart for going into Iraq.

you obviously know nothing

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 12:06 PM
I know lots. What makes you think I know nothing? If Obama wins I will be wrong but I think he will miss out.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
wrk
Nov 4 2008, 12:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (mjsteps @ Nov 4 2008, 11:07 AM) *
Obamas Tax Plan

For the past 10 years I have been getting up to go to work six days a week and every day for the last ten years my neighbor sits on his porch, says hello and tells me to have a wonderful day.
Today my neighbor meet me at the car as I was leaving and he asked me if perhaps this week I might work some extra hours and even perhaps work seven days a week, so that he could buy his wife a birthday present.

This is what is called "redistribution" of wealth. So get back to work, give a little extra cause someone else needs it.

The problem with the plan. I am not wealthy. I work hard. Started from ground zero, prospered through hard work, long hours, having to quit jobs, take better ones, put myself through college raising 3 kids and yet not once did I look for a helping hand. Then my world came crashing down. I could of easily filed bankrupcy, cried for help or just given up but no, you press on, you sacrifice, you do what ever you have to do to make your situation better. I could go on about how low my life was but this is not the place.

Maybe you don't know the complete story of your neighbor?
Could be that he is working from home, cares about his handicapped and sick wife 24/7 and the birthday present are medicaments he can not pay on his own to give her a few hours relief of pain.... you never know.

You are right in this way, that there will always be people who take advantage of "redistribution of wealth". The question is, who will build the majority? People with need for financial support or the once who take advantage. To evaluate each situation is normally the task of the corresponding governmental institution and not the task of the neighbor .. smile.gif

I have a lot of respect for how you manage your and your family's life on your own without asking for help. Only with people like you this system will work, but not everybody has a father or husband like you. This is something we easily forget when trying to manage our own daily problems and stress.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Noangels
Nov 4 2008, 12:49 PM
I think Obama isnt going to last his full term,some crazy idiot over there is bound to take a shot at him because of his colour and the fact they believe the Fox muslim smears headed his direction on air.

People are saying that if Obama doesnt win it there might be riots,that could also swing the other way as there seems to be a fair bit of anger generated in that camp too!

I wouldnt vote for either as I have mentioned early on.And to be frank our American brothers and sisters can vote as they damm well like for whatever reasons that may concern them.I only hope we dont get another religious warmonger who think gods speaks to him and he is doing gods work!

Our last PM here Tony Blair was another god squad fanatic who thought the same way as that draft dodging,pretzel choking,former cheerleader(lol) across the pond tongue.gif

*edit*I need new batteries for this keyboard some letters I typed never came up!

This post has been edited by Noangels: Nov 4 2008, 12:52 PM

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Nov 4 2008, 01:05 PM
There is a chance Obama will not win... Think about it.

On average about 60% of registered voters don't vote. That probably takes a
crapload of Obama supporters out of the picture... Then again, who knows...

But I don't really care, I Never really thought the president changed a HUGE amount
of America, there are still other branches that decide if his laws pass.

I've been through several national elections, and no matter who won, my life was still the same smile.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 01:16 PM
This will be the biggest turn out in a long time. It certainly wont have 60% of registered voters not voting this year.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Nov 4 2008, 01:18 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 4 2008, 07:16 AM) *
This will be the biggest turn out in a long time. It certainly wont have 60% of registered voters not voting this year.

That is probably true... mellow.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 4 2008, 01:43 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 4 2008, 05:23 AM) *

Sweeping generalizations about whole countries are usually sloppy thinking - the USA is made up of millions of people, each with their own diverse thoughts and opinions, a blanket statement like that is not only inaccurate, but also divisive and potentially insulting.

I'm sure all the Iraqis that were killed by UK troops appreciated the fact that they didn't like the bloodshed - perhaps it hurt less as a result? Truth is, for better or for worse, both the UK and USA went into Iraq - claiming a moral high ground because the UK populace whined a little to the government about it is a little baffling to me. And you should be aware that there is also a movement over here protesting the USA's Iraq involvement - the USA is not 300 million zombies chanting for more military action in one voice - when you get down to it, they are just regular people like you and me and everyone else on GMC, so please, lighten up on the sweeping generalizations!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 4 2008, 01:43 PM

If you have not voted, you probably have seen this, but just a reminder of what we are a 72 year old's heart beat away from if McCain were to win.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZW4z9zqqY

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 01:57 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 4 2008, 12:43 PM) *
Sweeping generalizations about whole countries are usually sloppy thinking - the USA is made up of millions of people, each with their own diverse thoughts and opinions, a blanket statement like that is not only inaccurate, but also divisive and potentially insulting.

I'm sure all the Iraqis that were killed by UK troops appreciated the fact that they didn't like the bloodshed - perhaps it hurt less as a result? Truth is, for better or for worse, both the UK and USA went into Iraq - claiming a moral high ground because the UK populace whined a little to the government about it is a little baffling to me. And you should be aware that there is also a movement over here protesting the USA's Iraq involvement - the USA is not 300 million zombies chanting for more military action in one voice - when you get down to it, they are just regular people like you and me and everyone else on GMC, so please, lighten up on the sweeping generalizations!

Unfortunately the UK doesn't have much choice as USA seems to just string us along no matter what the UK populace may say. I detest soldiers fighting in Iraq in an illegal war. They deserve no respect. The more that die the better as they don't need to be there and shouldn't be there. I love the UK and love being here but we are just following USA in everything and I think we should think for ourselves on a few things.

Since when was the army supposed to be about aggression and attacking within other countries. It's called the Ministry of Defence and in what way is killing people in Iraq for no reason Defence. And then people say oh well the Iraqis are killing are people. But oh wait you are invading their country with weapons and you expect them just to accept it. If they came into our country and tried to do the same thing do you think we'd attack back. I think so.

But anyway I don't want to get into an argument as it drives me insane. I love being in the UK and I'd love for Obama to win as I think he'd more quickly and efficiently end this illegal war and make other great moves.

One things for certain whoever the president of the USA is has a huge impact on us in the UK.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Nov 4 2008, 02:04 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 4 2008, 02:19 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Heh, that's fine, I don't have a problem with your views ... don't agree with all of them but don't disagree with all of them either!

Having lived both in the UK and the US I now understand the differences and similarities between both places, and having myself been guilty of similar generalizations in the past, I try and avoid them now!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 02:21 PM
I've been in USA for 2 weeks of my 24 years on Earth so far lol so I don't fully know what people in USA are thinking too much. I try not to read too much into media here as well as they all lie. It's difficult to come to your own judgments that are correct. I just want the world to be a better place which I can't see happening for a while. I'd love to go to any country in the world and feel safe wherever I go.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Noangels
Nov 4 2008, 02:25 PM
Steady on mate,I have friends who are in the army and I dont support them being there or the war but I wouldnt wish them or their families the pain of losing loved ones in a travesty of a war pushed onto us by dispicable little people who love money more than human life!

We should pull out,and those lying scum who lied to our nations should be bought to trial and if (when)found guilty should be dangling from the same noose that was used on Saddam.That also includes AlistairCambel the vile little bully boy who seems to have been forgiven by the BBC and the media on whole for spreading that 45min crap to the tabloids and allowing it to do the rounds for so long!Shame Dr Kelly was murdered as he knew the full score on the WMD's

Anway I wish no harm for our lads,and I wish no harm for the Arabs out there.I would pay good money to be locked in a room with Bush,Blair,Cheeney,Rummy and Alistair and I can honestly say there wouldnt be a trial needed afterwards wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 4 2008, 02:36 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 4 2008, 01:43 PM) *
just a reminder of what we are a 72 year old's heart beat away from if McCain were to win.....

And you know, he's mother must be very proud. Age seem to run on mothers side so you may very well see McCain for another 30 years.

QUOTE (Noangels @ Nov 4 2008, 02:25 PM) *
I would pay good money to be locked in a room with Bush,Blair,Cheeney,Rummy and Alistair and I can honestly say there wouldnt be a trial needed afterwards wink.gif

Now even your own? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Nov 4 2008, 03:31 PM
Learning Roadie
I think this thread is turning into something it wasn't supposed to..

I will just leave my comment on the troops in different fighting areas around the world..

I think every trooper that is sent out to do a job has to be respected and honored.. The war itself may or may not be of the wrong reasons, but whatever the reason may be, the troops are just doing their job.. Blame the government (vote for another party next time).. not the troops..

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Nov 4 2008, 03:32 PM

+Quote Post
Noangels
Nov 4 2008, 03:34 PM
LOL Yeahh,I think a lot of people on this planet would pay a large sum to be in a locked room with them for 10 mins

I would bore them to death with my guitar playing cool.gif Couldnt say any more or I would be on the M15/CIA hitlist and getting a suntan in Cuba with a beutifull bright red overall

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 03:35 PM
At least some army people in the UK had the decency to refuse to go and even though the consequences are far from great it shows that some people in the army require respect for sure. They are the people who showed great honour by refusing to kill innocent people.

You can't get away with saying anything anymore I don't think smile.gif If I said I'm going to piddle on Gordon Brown's front door I'd probably be classed as a terrorist biggrin.gif

Just because I widdle on his door doesn't mean I want to destroy the country biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Nov 4 2008, 03:37 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 4 2008, 03:35 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 4 2008, 08:19 AM) *
Heh, that's fine, I don't have a problem with your views ... don't agree with all of them but don't disagree with all of them either!

Having lived both in the UK and the US I now understand the differences and similarities between both places, and having myself been guilty of similar generalizations in the past, I try and avoid them now!

"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"?

--Mark Twain

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:30 PM