Finally Back!
Zephyr
Jan 28 2008, 01:13 AM
GMC:er
Hey, everyone! I haven't been on GMC, or online at all, actually, for quite a while. My computer stopped working and, after trying to get it working for a while, I wound up getting a new one. After that, I had to get Internet set up again (my internet connection was having problems as well, we think the adapter got fried somehow), so, as you can imagine, I haven't been online until now. So, I just thought I'd let you know I'm back. And, sorry I missed the blues collab. biggrin.gif

I think I'll just add this here rather than starting a new thread, recently I traded my Carvin SX200 for my uncle's Peavey Classic Chorus 130. It was a little funny, actually, because he loved my amp and I hated it. I've never played a Peavey I liked until this one, I mean, it's nothing outstanding (and I'm still tube-less sad.gif), but it's much better than that Carvin was.

By itself, the gain sounds pretty bad for blues/crunch, and not quite overdriven enough for high-gain stuff, but with external pedals/effects, it sounds great. I keep it on the clean channel and run my guitar through my GT-8 into it, and it sound great.

And, oh, man, the chorus is awesome! It's just amazing, not only does it have a very nice chorus-y sound, but it just adds something, it gives me a great tone! I use it even for "chorus-less" stuff, I just adjust the settings very low, and get a very nice addition to my tone.

Anyways, let me know what you think. Was it a good trade, or was it the equivalent of trading a gold brick for a shoelace? laugh.gif I think I'll do a review sometime, but I'm going to be busy for a while. Adios!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 28 2008, 01:29 AM
Welcome back man, its good to have you back smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Jan 28 2008, 01:43 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome back smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 28 2008, 01:50 AM
Instructor
Glad to have you back onboard man. See you on collabs wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 28 2008, 01:51 AM
Welcome back, man wink.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:15 PM