Song Composed
Victor Simion
Mar 6 2020, 10:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

I want to share a song I composed some time ago.

Let me know what you think is good and what you think it's bad.

I will upload the guitar pro file.

The guitars in the wav file were created by importing midi into guitar rig applying a guitar tone on the midi and then blending the guitars using audacity. So it's only the computer playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  02___Song.gp5 ( 27.98K ) Number of downloads: 126
Attached File  02___Song.wav ( 38.63MB ) Number of downloads: 239

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 6 2020, 10:05 PM
GMC Founder
I think it's a great composition -

Just the type of metal I like, melodic with a groove. I have been listening a lot to Powerwolf recently - and this could def be the basis for a similar tune.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 8 2020, 01:24 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 6 2020, 09:05 PM) *
I think it's a great composition -

Just the type of metal I like, melodic with a groove. I have been listening a lot to Powerwolf recently - and this could def be the basis for a similar tune.

I haven't listened to Powerwolf, but I have listened to a lot of power metal bands, and I think that this song is influenced by power metal style.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 8 2020, 04:02 PM
GMC Founder
For sure!

Check out their album "Blessed and Possessed" I can't help but have it on constant repeat!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 8 2020, 04:20 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 8 2020, 03:02 PM) *
For sure!

Check out their album "Blessed and Possessed" I can't help but have it on constant repeat!

Hi, thank you for the info I will looking into it.

As I am already listening to the beginning of the album and I can say that I like it.

I would like to be able to play my compositions perfectly, not just to post a guitar pro file
Just like the instructors around here.

So that's why I am working to improve my guitar skills, with the Shred Bootcamp.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 8 2020, 05:09 PM
GMC Founder
Cool Victor, there is no better way than working on your chops while also writing your own music - it's a fantastic way to stay inspired and make progress!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 8 2020, 11:46 PM
GMC:er
Very cool!! I think this is well within your ability to play, yes? Are you going to record a real version of it? I think you should!!

Todd

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 6 2020, 05:01 PM) *
Hi,

I want to share a song I composed some time ago.

Let me know what you think is good and what you think it's bad.

I will upload the guitar pro file.

The guitars in the wav file were created by importing midi into guitar rig applying a guitar tone on the midi and then blending the guitars using audacity. So it's only the computer playing.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 9 2020, 01:55 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 8 2020, 10:46 PM) *
Very cool!! I think this is well within your ability to play, yes? Are you going to record a real version of it? I think you should!!

Todd

Yes, it is within my ability to play.
That's a great idea to record a real version of it, it will help me learn so much.

Yes, I can play it but I don't think I can play it perfectly, I think I will have some timing issues.

Also it's easier if I do it like an audio, instead of a video.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 9 2020, 08:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

I made the intro.

Let me know what you think of my playing.
I recorded both guitars using audacity.
The tone used in my guitar is "Big Monster" from Guitar Rig 5, for both guitars lead and rhythm.

For the drums I used this https://drumbit.app/
I like how this application sounds, but for some reasons I don't how the drums sounds mixed in this recording, I don't know why.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Intro_Backing_and_Rhythm_and_Lead.wav ( 5.43MB ) Number of downloads: 154

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 9 2020, 09:40 PM
Go for it! I'd love to see it! Maybe could pitch in some solos? Maybe make it a collab thing? Just a thought smile.gif

[

quote name='Victor Simion' date='Mar 9 2020, 08:55 AM' post='775442']
Yes, it is within my ability to play.
That's a great idea to record a real version of it, it will help me learn so much.

Yes, I can play it but I don't think I can play it perfectly, I think I will have some timing issues.

Also it's easier if I do it like an audio, instead of a video.
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 9 2020, 11:03 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 9 2020, 08:58 PM) *
Hi,

I made the intro.

The tone used in my guitar is "Big Monster" from Guitar Rig 5, for both guitars lead and rhythm.

I like how this application sounds, but for some reasons I don't how the drums sounds mixed in this recording, I don't know why.

Yeah! I agree with Todd, this is def within your ability to start working on! Keep recording new versions, fine tune the takes and arrangement - and sooner or later you will have some killer material! Very cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 9 2020, 11:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 9 2020, 08:58 PM) *
Hi,

I made the intro.

I think both Todd and Kris missed this post smile.gif It sounds like a good start! Keep working on and it will soon be a great song!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2020, 01:45 AM
I did miss this post somehow. Thanks for the heads up BEN!! This track is coming together! Keep it up!!

Todd

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 9 2020, 03:58 PM) *
Hi,

I made the intro.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 11 2020, 08:16 PM
GMC Founder
Victor I did hear your recording, I think it is a very good start. Just keep recording and tweak the mix and arrangement and the sky will be the limit.

To make it sound pro - you need to tweak every bit here and there, make your takes tighter, reference listen to isolated studio tracks to improve the tone. Keep it up!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:27 PM