Celtic Music
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 20 2011, 02:47 PM
Instructor
I am a big fan of Celtic heritage and as I already told you guys in that post about your favorite place in your country, I am really eager to visit the UK and Scotland, Ireland, Wales biggrin.gif LEGENDARY!

Now, as today, my Christmas lesson was released, I would ask you guys if you like listening to Celtic influenced music and which would be your favorite artists?

I would start with her:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 20 2011, 04:22 PM
Learning Roadie
I've never listened much to Celtic, but I would enjoy listening to a lesson. I could probably easily get into it. I just don't have an acoustic of my own. I think Lian has some Celtic acoustic lessons and I enjoyed them. smile.gif It would be nice to have some more published.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 20 2011, 05:52 PM
Instructor
it's incredible the similarities with indian music! I love it!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 20 2011, 06:47 PM
GMC:er
I like a lot of traditional Celtic stuff. ( I have to, I'm half-Celt/Half Viking!! wink.gif )
I also like some more up to date and fusion stuff, especially people like Afro Celt Sound System:-

And Scottish band 'Mouth Music':-

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Dec 20 2011, 06:51 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 20 2011, 10:38 PM
Instructor
Beautiful music!! This is my favourite Celtic song.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 20 2011, 10:53 PM
Instructor
Love Celtic music. Here we have a famous band playing this style, check it out..

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 21 2011, 01:38 AM
The Dark Canuck
As many on here know, I'm a HUGE Celtic music fan. I grew up with it and it has been a major influence for me. I have many many favourites from the Dubliners to the Dropkick Murphys. Great music!

Here is one of my absolute favourites doing one of my favourite songs

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2011, 07:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Dec 20 2011, 09:38 PM) *
As many on here know, I'm a HUGE Celtic music fan. I grew up with it and it has been a major influence for me. I have many many favourites from the Dubliners to the Dropkick Murphys. Great music!

Here is one of my absolute favourites doing one of my favourite songs

beautiful song and lyrics! Lian Gerbino always shares with me cool Irish music.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 22 2011, 06:35 PM
Instructor
We have one cool band here, the one Sinisa mentioned. But I never really listened that much of Celtic music TBH smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 22 2011, 10:45 PM
I'm actually of "Celtic" ancestry so it's probably no shock that I"m a fan of celtic music as musical descendant forms. My lineage runs back through the Tackett clan (Tackett is taken from an ancient word originally meaning Priest) who were associated with the Pict tribes of Scottland, and the Simpson clan, who were "Border Reivers" between Scottland and England. Riever history is fascinating stuff. They were basically raiders and horse thieves. When a group would raid a farm, the remaining widow was said to be "Bereaved" which is where the word comes from smile.gif

Here is a Reaver Map (The original clans lived on the lawless border between England and Scottland until the King of England declared being a Reaver illegal and punishable by death at which point my ancestors left in a hurry.)

Here is some info on the Reavers. Family history is always fun near the Holidays smile.gif
http://robertpotts.co.uk/familyhistory/borderreivers.htm
Attached Image

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 20 2011, 08:47 AM) *
I am a big fan of Celtic heritage and as I already told you guys in that post about your favorite place in your country, I am really eager to visit the UK and Scotland, Ireland, Wales biggrin.gif LEGENDARY!

Now, as today, my Christmas lesson was released, I would ask you guys if you like listening to Celtic influenced music and which would be your favorite artists?

I would start with her:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 22 2011, 11:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 22 2011, 09:45 PM) *
I'm actually of "Celtic" ancestry so it's probably no shock that I"m a fan of celtic music as musical descendant forms. My lineage runs back through the Tackett clan (Tackett is taken from an ancient word originally meaning Priest) who were associated with the Pict tribes of Scottland, and the Simpson clan, who were "Border Reivers" between Scottland and England. Riever history is fascinating stuff. They were basically raiders and horse thieves. When a group would raid a farm, the remaining widow was said to be "Bereaved" which is where the word comes from smile.gif

Here is a Reaver Map (The original clans lived on the lawless border between England and Scottland until the King of England declared being a Reaver illegal and punishable by death at which point my ancestors left in a hurry.)

Here is some info on the Reavers. Family history is always fun near the Holidays smile.gif
http://robertpotts.co.uk/familyhistory/borderreivers.htm
Attached Image

Wow biggrin.gif this is BEYOND AWESOMENESS!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 23 2011, 12:25 AM
Well thanks smile.gif You know what they say, everyone is from somewhere! Dig in to your family history a bit and you'll probably be as shocked as I was to see how far down the Rabbit Hole (Alice in Wonderland reference of course) history can take ya wink.gif As as an aside, if you have one of the following last names, CONGRATS! YOU'RE A DESCENDENT OF A BORDER REIVER!

Archbold
Armstrong
Beattie
Bell
Burns
Carleton
Carlisle
Carnaby
Carrs
Carruthers
Chamberlain
Charlton
Collingwood
Crisp
Croser
Crozier
Cuthbert
Dacre
Davison
Dixon
Dodd
Douglas
Dunne
Elliot
Fenwick
Forster
Graham
Gray
Hall
Hedley
Henderson
Heron
Hetherington
Hume Irvine
Irving
Johnstone
Kerr
Laidlaw
Little
Lowther
Maxwell
Milburn
Musgrove
Nixon
Noble
Ogle
Oliver
Potts
Pringle
Radcliffe
Reed
Ridley
Robson
Routledge
Rutherford
Salkeld
Scott
Selby
Shaftoe
Storey
Simpson
Tailor
Tait
Taylor
Trotter
Turnbull
Wake
Watson
Wilson
Woodrington
Yarrow
Young

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 22 2011, 05:20 PM) *
Wow biggrin.gif this is BEYOND AWESOMENESS!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 23 2011, 12:28 AM

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 23 2011, 02:12 AM
Instructor
Thanks for posting. More cool stuff for me to check out.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:15 AM