> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

21 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 >  
Monkeydathos' Road To Awesomeness
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2013, 07:29 AM
Instructor
Ok mate, so - you have from the 25th till July 2nd, then? smile.gif Is that doable?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 28 2013, 03:51 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 21 2013, 07:29 AM) *
Ok mate, so - you have from the 25th till July 2nd, then? smile.gif Is that doable?

Io Cosmin, explain me something.

"This song is in A minor. This is a very simple progression that combines triadic chords with some repetitive ideas and simple melodies."

But the backing goes with C#/E/F#/A and E/F#/C#/A

Wouldn't that be A Major blink.gif, what am i missing here?

Edit: oh and i also found a way to record the guitars biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jun 28 2013, 03:52 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 29 2013, 01:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 28 2013, 02:51 PM) *
Io Cosmin, explain me something.

"This song is in A minor. This is a very simple progression that combines triadic chords with some repetitive ideas and simple melodies."

But the backing goes with C#/E/F#/A and E/F#/C#/A

Wouldn't that be A Major blink.gif, what am i missing here?

Edit: oh and i also found a way to record the guitars biggrin.gif

To me it looks like it's C# minor - just shuffled through the melodies and I figured it out ... hmmmm - you can think of it as being in C# minor and transpose the theoretical knowledge in that key? Can you do this? smile.gif

Let's see a recording then! I am very curious!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 4 2013, 12:54 AM
Hello Cosmin sorry for the late answer but budget has been tight this month, so we had to cut in some areas for a while.

Which means my subscription is off for a bit tongue.gif

BUT i have some records for you that i do.
It's not 100% the same mainly cuz i didn't have net to check the lesson by the time i recorded it ( i used my ear), also no drums, since i can't dl the backing atm.
Also there's some time issues cuz some guitar tracks were like 0;00;XXX Sec's b4 the beat, so it's kind of glitchy, i'll try and record it again tongue.gif

it's awful awww.

https://soundcloud.com/monkeydathos/firsttry-on-post-rock-lesson

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jul 4 2013, 05:31 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2013, 12:39 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - life giving you the lemons eh? sad.gif Well, it's gonna be better hopefully, but in the mean time, I think you did a good job, in respect to the recording conditions - the only faulty part in respect totiming is the one starting at 0:49 till the distortion kicks in - that's where you have to focus, but, BUT smile.gif -> Let's see the version WITH the backing track, which I am sure will be MUCH better, due to the rhythmic support provided by the drums wink.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 8 2013, 10:36 PM
Sure thing mate.

Btw still haven't talked with my dad about the sub, meanwhile can you give a next lesson ._. so i have something to do while i wait for it.

one question that i'v wanted to ask you for a while now.

My pinky while doing like legato licks and whatnot is moving tooo much, do you have any advice?

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jul 8 2013, 10:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2013, 08:16 AM
Instructor
Hey amigo wink.gif Why not tackle this one? It has interesting chord based melodies and it can be a good source of inspiration for songwriting (it is part of a song I wrote a long time ago) -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Chord-Melodies/

About your question - a video is on its way wink.gif It is easier to show you than to write about it biggrin.gif

Here we go:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 9 2013, 01:01 PM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 12 2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks for your time Cosmin.
it's going take a bit till i tame it though, i am doing it dreadfully slow, always telling my pinky not to move that much from the string, yet the bastard still tries to jump on me tongue.gif

Btw i love that lesson biggrin.gif will surely work on it, i actually composed something insipired by it, ill post here when i record it.

And last, i might not be as active....you see i kind failed my final (was like 0,5 points away from passing <.<) so i am going to go to the 2º round and try to redeem myself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 13 2013, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Looking forward to the recording! Mate, easy does it with the pinkie, ok? No worries whatsoever - just give it time and most of all be consistent smile.gif I think that this is a secret behind a lot of things in your life - am I right? Have you studied hard enough for the maths exam, so that you would not fail it?

Let's share some thoughts on this smile.gif Who knows what we'll find?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 13 2013, 03:54 PM
I do share the same opinion behind consistent that and probably a bit of self discipline which i lack.

Well regarding the maths exam, you see that damned thing catched me off guard, a few weeks before the exam i started to study doing the exams of the previous years and trying at the same time predecting the type of question.
But some of the questions were just not what i expected therefore i had a tough time (should have known)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 14 2013, 08:19 AM
Instructor
If consistency is your general problem and you have willingly admitted it, you are half way there on your path to solve the problem smile.gif

Why don't you make a schedule and stick to it? Tell me what does your week look like? I mean, aside school - I assume that takes 7-8 hours of your day right? What else do you have to do? Let's take it from here and build a schedule that will help you study both for school and for guitar playing, deal? Also, please read a little bit about the following concept: Setting SMART Goals

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 6 2013, 09:30 PM
Cosmin just a quick update, i have got the files for both lessons biggrin.gif, ill post them here as soon as i have the job done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2013, 07:36 AM
Instructor
Please do, young man, I am looking forward to that smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 3 2013, 07:39 PM
Io Cosmin, big news.
I have the opportunity to go study music to, if not the best, portugues music school. Thing is, the entry exam is kinda tough at least for a dude like me, so i will have to work my ass off.

A lot of sight reading ( Melody, Rhythms, Transcribing Melody (1 or + voices) and Rhytms)
Ear Train ( have to know my intervals like really well and chords, major, minor, dim, aug)

And a guitar exam, where i have to know my chords, scales and have to bring. some music pieces...

It's so goddamn spooky ohmy.gif, i am thinking on taking the exam 1 year from now ( i just feel so unprepare to take it now).

Anyways i might not be so on here sad.gif which i am truly sorry.

PS: dat Smart Goals thing as been pretty useful biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Sep 3 2013, 07:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 4 2013, 08:48 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Wow - that's big news indeed smile.gif How are you planning to prepare yourself? I was thinking you would've been doing that here at GMC on one hand ?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 4 2013, 12:13 PM
Thing is my internet is not being that co-oporetive. It's here today, but it might be gone for a whole month.

Btw here is one exemple of the entry exam (it's suppost to be a 5º degree music exam, but i'v met this Piano Pro teacher who told that this one i actually a little bit easier than a 5º degree exam.)

Rhythm reading part

..i actually suck at it biggrin.gif, need toons more practice.

Melody:

4º- you have to count the proper rhythm while telling the correct name of the notes.
5º-Rhythm and Sing the notes correctly (Spooky as hell biggrin.gif)

The 2º part of the exam is mainly by ear, where they give you a rhythm and melodies and you have to write them down, same goes for intervals and chords.

Right now i am doing like 5 hours a day of music practice.

15:00-15:45 - Guitar Warmup - Ben's Legato Land
15:50-16:15 - A lots of bendings.
16:20(16:30) - 17:20(17:30) - Learning songs for the band ( tongue.gif i actually got into this Pop/jazz/Soul band)
17:30-18:15/18:30 - Sight Reading (Melody and Rhythm)
18:30-19:00/19:30 - (Ear and Singing melodies), Right now i am working on getting my 3ºs (Major/Minor) on my system.
20:00 + - whatever i feel like working (right now i am re-learning the "chord melodies" lesson tongue.gif since i finally grab the time to do so).

i'v been doing this for a couple of days now, my fingertips barely have skin due to the bending and legato biggrin.gif

I do not feel prepared at all, i actually feel spooks, a lot of spooks, just the idea of this being actually my future, scares the hell out of me.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Sep 4 2013, 12:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 5 2013, 07:57 AM
Instructor
Well, it looks like you have made a choice for your future smile.gif That is bold and you must be a very determined fellow if you are to attain success! Work hard and stay motivated!

Focus on the exam stuff primarily - sight reading is just like reading in a foreign language. My skills in this area are the lowest, because I simply didn't take the time to do it properly at the right age and now, time is a big enemy - I know, excuses, right? tongue.gif

You need to set achievable goals each week and stick to them, so that at the end of each week you will have something bagged - do not under any circumstance lose track of your progress, because it is crucial to keep things under control and make sure that you attain your goal with small but very surefooted steps.

If you check with me once a week - but you have to promise you will smile.gif I can make up a weekly schedule focusing on growing your skills with the aid of GMC materials and at the end of the week, you can either shoot a video with all that you had to study or we can just discuss on things smile.gif What say you?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 5 2013, 08:11 PM
Yes, i have this little piece of papper fixed on the wall, where i write all those things tongue.gif.

So what are you thinking on, regarding the goals?

Btw the way i am practicing sight stuff right now is:

Grab a random tab from Ultimate Guitar;
Open it;
Disable normal tabbing, leaving only the classical notion;
Select like 10-20 bars;
Identifying the notes (chords, Key) and write them down in G, F and C clefs.
Then again;
Select a random part WITHOUT LISTENING and try to reproduce the rhythm (i usually work like 1-3 bars untill i got it and move on to another section)

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Sep 5 2013, 09:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 5 2013, 09:44 PM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif That sounds hardcore man! biggrin.gif

My idea was that aside these sight reading drills, you will have a series of recorded vids or tracks which you could share with your new mates in college so that you will be ready for whatever musical challenges may appear there. And my idea would be to have you prepared as a good rhythm player and as a lead player you should have a good grasp on alternate picking, legato and articulation. Imagine that we are building a bunch of arrows of differet calibers and sizes in order to have you ready for a little war smile.gif But you will have to stick to things, if you feel like it of course. wink.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 6 2013, 05:14 PM
Sharing with my new college mates might be a bit tough, due to some personal stuff sad.gif which means i will be taking the entry exam one year from yesterday.

In terms of guitar mechanics i'v been working a lot around legato, basic legato shape without picking (like changing between strings without picking so on and so on.)

I would really really want to work my articulation, i really want to improve my Bending skills and Vibrato.

I0v been working hybrid picking too, kinda just for fun thought,

Stuff like this tongue.gif

Oh yah, i think the wieght of the entry exam (the one with the sight stuff/ear stuff) can change depending how well i do on the guitar exam.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Sep 6 2013, 05:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:24 PM