I Want To Learn The Theory!
maharzan
Jul 13 2009, 03:43 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Okay, I have done a little bit of search and found many info about music theory / scales /modes, etc. I really don't know much about it. Most of the threads include this whole theory that I am finding hard to understand. The names are all confusing as well. smile.gif

Probably you have answered this a 1000th time but I would like to understand all the basics from scratch. I just want one little information at a time or something so I can grasp it well and keep it for lifetime. smile.gif Perhaps this thread will also help beginners like me.

I want to learn the basic theory, know the scales modes properly so I can see the notes on the neck. I also want to switch between modes while composing solos so I don't have to stick to just one scale. I know this is going to take a very long time but I really want to do it now. I have been trying to do it on my own but I always have an excuse not to learn it or just get bored about it. I need guidance.

I don't know the proper method but I would like to begin with a C major (just focus on one key?). I know major scales / minor / pentatonic and some modes like lydian, mixolydian. But I can start again to know how they are constructed but can't switch between each one.

Where should I start? Just one lesson at a time is enough!

I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much. smile.gif

maharzan

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by maharzan: Jul 13 2009, 03:48 PM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:04 AM