Curious Coincident sound?
DalcoM
Jun 14 2006, 09:43 PM
GMC:er
Halloe!
At last Im a member in Masterclass=).

Im going to start with Curious Coincident, And Im guessing youre using your POD to get that special sound. So Im wondering if you can send the patch or link a page where I can download it? Would apreciate it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 15 2006, 07:29 AM
GMC Founder
Welcome to the forum, DalcoM! biggrin.gif

Actually I use a little different tool in that song, called a redbox, here is what I have said earlier about it...

The equipment/gear topic is something that is frequently touched - in my opinion there are lots of missunderstandings regarding recording and equipment in general.

I just purchased a "Hughes & Kettner" Red Box (used ~ 55 usd) - for those of you who didn't know it is a cabinet simulator, which allows you to record directly to your computer, from your amp (or a distortion pedal) without a microphone.

Is it good? No, it's awesome I always thought it was kind of weird I have an expensive tube amplifier (peavey tripple X) standing next to the computer still I record with the pod. I have just recorded a tune (with the tripple x through the red box) which will hopefully be up sometime next week so you can judge the sound for yourself. The distorted lead tone was really impressive with lots of harmonics.

I now have some experiencing to do, I have heard a good distortion pedal connected to the red box can give you great result. As soon as I have the time I'll try to plug in my tubescreamer directly to the computer through the red box and see what happens.

Also, I have never really got good recorded clean guitar sound at home - I hope this one will solve it (It should work since my amp gives me good clean tones).

The red box is in other words a great alternative for those of you who have good equipment but no recording studio.

cheers

Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
DalcoM
Jun 16 2006, 11:47 PM
God damn! This song is hard=D
Alright, so you just used your tripple X through the red box to get the sound? Have to see if I can come up with something simular on the pod.

By the way? Are you using your ring finger to mute the strings after youve hit them on the crazy parts where you tap and dont use the picks?
I just cant do that so Im trying to mute with the right hand in tap position, its hard but should work to dont you think?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 18 2006, 04:34 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (DalcoM)
God damn! This song is hard=D
Alright, so you just used your tripple X through the red box to get the sound? Have to see if I can come up with something simular on the pod.

By the way? Are you using your ring finger to mute the strings after youve hit them on the crazy parts where you tap and dont use the picks?
I just cant do that so Im trying to mute with the right hand in tap position, its hard but should work to dont you think?

WHen doing the tap, the right hand is responsable for most of the damping (the palm). When combining to flashy techniques like that - it's kinda hard to play 100% cleanly... solution: Play it so fast so that nobody will hear eventual "dirt"... wink.gif

+Quote Post
DalcoM
Jun 18 2006, 08:08 PM
Haha alright. Thats nice to hear actually cause its would take years to practise muting with left hand. BUt it actually looks like your ring finger is dampening in the movies. Maby thats just how your finger moves, cause mine is sticking out far from the fretboard=). Anyway, are you using auto wah in the song?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 18 2006, 08:31 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (DalcoM)
Haha alright. Thats nice to hear actually cause its would take years to practise muting with left hand. BUt it actually looks like your ring finger is dampening in the movies. Maby thats just how your finger moves, cause mine is sticking out far from the fretboard=). Anyway, are you using auto wah in the song?

No a real Crybaby! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:25 PM