The Most Beautiful Suicide
Mudbone
May 16 2012, 06:04 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Its amazing how much a single picture can affect you. I was really moved by this image. Its a picture of a woman who leapt to her demise off the top of the Empire State Building. She landed on a car below, and in the picture the car is completely destroyed, yet she appears as if she is peacefully sleeping. The contrast between the peacefulness on her beautiful face and destruction surrounding her is very powerful. Notice how she is still clinging on to her pearl necklace.

Keep in mind this picture was taken in 1947.

http://kottke.org/08/07/the-most-beautiful-suicide

http://www.codex99.com/photography/43.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mudbone: May 16 2012, 06:05 AM

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Nihilist1
May 16 2012, 06:30 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Mudbone @ May 16 2012, 05:04 AM) *
Its amazing how much a single picture can affect you. I was really moved by this image. Its a picture of a woman who leapt to her demise off the top of the Empire State Building. She landed on a car below, and in the picture the car is completely destroyed, yet she appears as if she is peacefully sleeping. The contrast between the peacefulness on her beautiful face and destruction surrounding her is very powerful. Notice how she is still clinging on to her pearl necklace.

Keep in mind this picture was taken in 1947.

http://kottke.org/08/07/the-most-beautiful-suicide

http://www.codex99.com/photography/43.html

That reminds me of a man named Tom G. Warrior. He is the guitarist for the group Celtic Frost. His current band that he is in is named Triptykon.

He has a museum exhibit of 'death masks'. It is called "Antecedent Death". The point behind the entire project was to showcase the serenity in the faces of the dead. The following link contains images of many of his masks. They are all concrete castes.

http://selfdeceased.blogspot.com/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 16 2012, 10:21 AM
Instructor
That is haunting. But 23, though...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2012, 07:23 AM
Instructor
Man...I have no words for this sad.gif I mean, what was going on in the poor girl's mind? Such troubled souls... Have you guys seen 'The woman in black'?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 18 2012, 07:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 18 2012, 07:23 AM) *
Have you guys seen 'The woman in black'?

I don't think so ?? What is this ?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2012, 08:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 18 2012, 06:43 AM) *
I don't think so ?? What is this ?

It's the first movie where Daniel Radcliffe is NOT BEING HARRY POTTER biggrin.gif

You have to see it, but not alone.. It made me sink in the cinema chair...

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 18 2012, 08:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 18 2012, 08:00 AM) *
It's the first movie where Daniel Radcliffe is NOT BEING HARRY POTTER biggrin.gif

You have to see it, but not alone.. It made me sink in the cinema chair...

Oohhhhh, now I know. Yeah that looks good ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:25 PM