2 Pages V   1 2 >  
East And West
bahadirpeker
Feb 25 2014, 08:04 PM
GMC:er
Guys hello, I'm not sure if you like this sound but I want to share it with you. This is anatolian music some arranged with the western harmony and instruments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT1fvxfNVQM

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 26 2014, 05:12 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Feb 25 2014, 11:04 AM) *
Guys hello, I'm not sure if you like this sound but I want to share it with you. This is anatolian music some arranged with the western harmony and instruments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT1fvxfNVQM

Man that's some great stuff. I love the contrast of the electric guitar in the background. I could picture whirling Dervishes dancing to the music. The video of Turkey makes me want to visit. My wife was telling me how much she wants to visit Turkey; maybe next year.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 26 2014, 11:06 AM
Instructor
I always enjoy these tunes and the music that has turkish influences! Baha - tell me please, have you ever attended a Laco Tayfo concert? biggrin.gif How are they live?

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Feb 26 2014, 12:12 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 26 2014, 10:06 AM) *
I always enjoy these tunes and the music that has turkish influences! Baha - tell me please, have you ever attended a Laco Tayfo concert? biggrin.gif How are they live?

Yes Cosmin I have been and they are incredible! Their feeling and instrument controls are great! I especially like Hüsnü Şenlendirici who is playing clarinet in Laço Tayfa. There are lots of local bands sounding like these so if you are in Turkey, these kinds of musics are nearly everywhere smile.gif So I can say that I am lucky 'cause I like these sounds very much.Here is a link for Hüsnü Şenlendirici; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm4nNBvvwkQ

QUOTE (Palacios @ Feb 26 2014, 04:12 AM) *
Man that's some great stuff. I love the contrast of the electric guitar in the background. I could picture whirling Dervishes dancing to the music. The video of Turkey makes me want to visit. My wife was telling me how much she wants to visit Turkey; maybe next year.

Yes man especially the contrast is very inviting!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 26 2014, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Keep them comming Bahadir! smile.gif Same as Cosmin - I reallt like music from this part of the world and either it's variations with some modern additions smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 26 2014, 03:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
not bad, woohoo another lefty,the scenery was beautiful

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2014, 07:19 PM
Instructor
Thanks for sharing. This sounds so fresh for me and I enjoy listening to different music. The use of voice is very interesting, and I wonder how the producers of bad singers use autotune for this style... laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Feb 26 2014, 07:54 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 26 2014, 06:19 PM) *
Thanks for sharing. This sounds so fresh for me and I enjoy listening to different music. The use of voice is very interesting, and I wonder how the producers of bad singers use autotune for this style... laugh.gif

smile.gif You are right Gabriel!

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 26 2014, 01:23 PM) *
Keep them comming Bahadir! smile.gif Same as Cosmin - I reallt like music from this part of the world and either it's variations with some modern additions smile.gif

Yes! May be the most attractive point is the variations with some modern additions as you said!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 27 2014, 08:48 AM
Instructor
Husnu, is most probably the most famous clarinetist in Turkey by now, right? I always tried to imitate his lines with the guitar... pretty much impossible sometimes biggrin.gif When I listened to the Hicaz Dolap album from Laco Tayfa, I was totally blown away - what a combo! And what level of expression!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 27 2014, 08:49 AM

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Feb 27 2014, 03:40 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 27 2014, 07:48 AM) *
Husnu, is most probably the most famous clarinetist in Turkey by now, right? I always tried to imitate his lines with the guitar... pretty much impossible sometimes biggrin.gif When I listened to the Hicaz Dolap album from Laco Tayfa, I was totally blown away - what a combo! And what level of expression!

Yes Cosmin you're right, he is the most famous one in Turkey!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2014, 12:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Feb 27 2014, 02:40 PM) *
Yes Cosmin you're right, he is the most famous one in Turkey!

Haha! I noticed your comments on FB - my friend saw the guitarist in the video performing live on the street and he was very much enjoying the music. He travels to Istanbul pretty often - maybe I can tag along one time and we can all meet up and jam - he is also a good player!

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Mar 1 2014, 10:27 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 28 2014, 11:31 AM) *
Haha! I noticed your comments on FB - my friend saw the guitarist in the video performing live on the street and he was very much enjoying the music. He travels to Istanbul pretty often - maybe I can tag along one time and we can all meet up and jam - he is also a good player!

Oh really? Yes sometimes he plays on the street smile.gif Jamming idea sounds good Cosmin wink.gif I am jamming every friday with different styles of musicians on the stage, we can come there and play!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 1 2014, 11:45 AM
GMC Founder
Fantastic! The song and video sent a shiver down my spine. Makes me wonder why popular/western music always "sounds the same" - when we could borrow inspiration much more aggressively from other styles/countries.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2014, 02:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Mar 1 2014, 09:27 AM) *
Oh really? Yes sometimes he plays on the street smile.gif Jamming idea sounds good Cosmin wink.gif I am jamming every friday with different styles of musicians on the stage, we can come there and play!

Haha biggrin.gif You need two more guitars for us and oh - my friend, he is a leftie biggrin.gif

Kris - yes indeed man - this is one of the main reasons why I am totally fascinated with Sinisa's lessons smile.gif

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Mar 1 2014, 10:37 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 1 2014, 01:07 PM) *
Haha biggrin.gif You need two more guitars for us and oh - my friend, he is a leftie biggrin.gif

Kris - yes indeed man - this is one of the main reasons why I am totally fascinated with Sinisa's lessons smile.gif

Leftie! Oh that could be a problem cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2014, 01:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Mar 1 2014, 09:37 PM) *
Leftie! Oh that could be a problem cool.gif

He told me that in Istanbul there's this amazing street where there are MANY music instrument stores and where everyone plays on the street smile.gif Have you been there?

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Mar 2 2014, 09:40 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 2 2014, 12:05 PM) *
He told me that in Istanbul there's this amazing street where there are MANY music instrument stores and where everyone plays on the street smile.gif Have you been there?

Yes Cosmin I have been! I love the place very much smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2014, 03:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Mar 2 2014, 08:40 PM) *
Yes Cosmin I have been! I love the place very much smile.gif

Baha smile.gif Can you please take some pics in that street and post them here? I think that EVERYONE in GMC would love to see such a sight biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Mar 3 2014, 09:40 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 3 2014, 02:54 PM) *
Baha smile.gif Can you please take some pics in that street and post them here? I think that EVERYONE in GMC would love to see such a sight biggrin.gif

sure smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2014, 09:21 AM
Instructor
Amazing biggrin.gif Thank you Baha!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:54 AM