32 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Adams Bootcamp, Time to Fight Soldier!
Todd Simpson
Mar 9 2020, 12:50 AM
GMC:er
You are in the tall weeds now Soldier!!!!!! These are the tricky bits for sure. This one pulls a LOT of techniques together as you may have noticed. If your technique was not up to snuff, this entire Mission would be pretty much IMPOSSIBLE. You've worked hard on your technique and it's very solid. Your practice is paying off in spades!

Let's Debrief!!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

OPEN STRING OR DIE
Not only do you have a good command of open string licks on a single string, in this Mission you have to do a single string type lick on multiple strings! This really throws some people off. NOT YO!U!!!

THUMBLESS FOR THE WIN
It's great to see you putting your Thumbless Technique to good use in Missions! It's not just for practice, it makes a great technique to use for recording as well as it reduces pressure on the entire hand and thus reduces fatigue. Not everyone can play without the thumb Soldier, well done on adapting!

TRICKY RIFFING: That last riff is a tricky one indeed and switches on the fly from closed to open string and you don't even break a sweat!! NICE!!!

Your hand is adapting well to all of this Soldier. keep it up!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 8 2020, 06:03 PM) *

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 12 2020, 09:37 PM
Learning Roadie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 13 2020, 02:24 AM
Solid Work Soldier!! You seem to have found your groove in terms of speed and if you are happy with it, then I'm happy with it smile.gif Let's debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

TRICKY: The first lick is something familiar on a single string but it's played baxkwards the entire way up the neck! No worries for you. It didn't throw you off one bit. NICE!

MULTI PICK OF DEATH: You have zero issues on your multi picking. Your hand has adapted very well!!!

LOOPS OF DEATH: The last lick is designed to show any gaps in your technique. You play it without any skips/breaks. You have zero trouble looping it. .NICE!!

Even at these high level lessons, you don't seem to have any trouble at all. This is great news. You have worked hard and your technique is on point. I keep waiting to see if any of these are going to throw you off your game and so far no! Things get a bit more trick after the next milestone of 200. Lesson 100 through 200 are advanced version of the first 100 lessons. Lesson 200 starts an entirely new advanced series. You are fast coming up on the next big achievement!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 12 2020, 04:37 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 13 2020, 11:43 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 14 2020, 04:43 AM
Now things are getting really tricky and you don't seem to mind at all! These licks are very different and your hands adapt right away. Nice!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PINKY TO THE RESCUE Leading any lick with the pinky forces you to stick the landing with the weakest finger. This is usually where many players try to use the third finger. It's good to see you making use of your Pinky Power!!

MULTI PICKER: I threw some multi picking in there just to stress your picking hand and it didn't even phase you. Nice!!

BACK AND FORTH
: Then I threw a lick that goes back and forth and is different from the rest to confuse your fingers. Nope. No confusion. You played them all with confidence. Nice!!

You are clearly ready for the next mission and what lies beyond. You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 13 2020, 06:43 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 14 2020, 04:44 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 14 2020, 11:50 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 16 2020, 12:16 AM
Well fought Soldier! these are all finger twisters and you nailed em all! Let's debrief

SPICE IT UP:
Lots of moving parts in this one and you didn't even flinch!!

TECHNIQUE ON POINT: Your technique has gotten as solid as a rock. Nice!
uncommon valor in ripping through it and making it look easy. Nice use of proper fingering as well!

AGGRESSIVE STYLE: Going for it on every single one. Impressive!!!

You ripped through this with no problem! You are ready for what's next !!

You just ....

LEVELED UP!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

SPICE IT UP: If variety is the spice of life, then this Mission is packed full of LIFE!!! Lot's of moving parts going on. You handled them all.
TECHNIQUE ON POINT: You show uncommon valor in ripping through it and making it look easy. Nice use of proper fingering as well!
AGGRESSIVE STYLE: I like how I can feel you pushing the edge of your ability. You never push to far, never slip up, but you are always pushing the edge a bit. Nice!!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 16 2020, 12:17 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 17 2020, 10:19 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 18 2020, 05:34 AM
Another fine Mission Soldier!!! A smattering of techniques in this one. You didn't miss a beat!!! I think you are well prepped for the crazy bits that are in your very near future Soldier. Til then, let's Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PINKY PROWESS:
Not only Thumbless, but a fine display of pinky porowess on the first ddrill. YOu don't even need the pick! JUst your fingertips! Nice.

STRETCH FOR DAYS: Again Thumbless and this time with a HUGE stretch!!! Also, sticking the landing with the PINKY!!! So in the second drill you combine just about every technique in the book and do it with grace. NICE!!!

KITCHEN SINK: Just to try to throw off your hand, I threw in some tapping, high fretwork, etc. Didn't even make you break a sweat. NICE!!!!!

You are on a roll Soldier!!!

You just..

LEVELEDUP!!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 17 2020, 05:19 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 18 2020, 11:26 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 20 2020, 07:27 PM
Well Fought Soldier! Yet another Mission with a LOT of moving parts that puts a LOT of different techniques together in to one set of drills. Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

COMBO PLAY You deftly combine open string work with multi picking in this one and don't miss a beat. These two things don't always work together but you make it smooth as glass.

THUMBLESS PATH Your thumbless technique is allowing you to have great reach and great control. I"m gratified to see how well you have integrated it in to your playing style.

ENDLESS TRICKY BITS The last several drills are all tricky and require focus and precision to just make it through. Yet again, you take pretty much everything in stride.

You are quickly coming up on the next big MILESTONE. Keep your eye on the prize Soldier!!!

You just...

LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image

Attached Image

Todd

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 18 2020, 06:26 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 20 2020, 11:57 PM
Learning Roadie
We just got the first case in our city. Despite the "closed" borders, someone came back from France (business trip, apparently). It's worrying because my city is roughly 16k citizens and nobody even knows who may have had contact with the person, so we could avoid them.

I'm also sad because I was going to go and check out some neat used bass I've found but with that turn of events, I'm not going anywhere. Because of that, my game is going to be delayed a lot. I was planning to do some bass-only soundtrack, maybe with some drums. I'll save up and hopefully, there will be some new bargain when things cool down a bit.

I was also lucky to get a job at ArmsTech company, just a few days before things gone bad in Poland and many companies let or force their workers to stay at home in quarantine, as a precaution. I'm enjoying it so far, I just hope I'll do good and get my employment extended for a year. Many workers there live in my city, so there's a chance the higher-ups will decide to take say 2 weeks of break.

How are things at your side? I hope you are safe and sound!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 21 2020, 12:06 AM
It's great that you get a bit of a paid vacation! Make sure to wash your hands several times a day and stay away from people in general as we really don't konw who has this and who doesn't sad.gif Sorry about it pushing your soundtrack work back, I hope that works out! It's getting strange over here. California decided to shut everything down and a few other states did as well including New York. For some reason, people have bought every roll of toilet paper in the entire country and all of the hand sanitizer and liquid soap. Things feel a bit chaotic here. Schools are all shut down, stores are shutting down, etc. I hope this thing ends soon.

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 20 2020, 06:57 PM) *
We just got the first case in our city. Despite the "closed" borders, someone came back from France (business trip, apparently). It's worrying because my city is roughly 16k citizens and nobody even knows who may have had contact with the person, so we could avoid them.

I'm also sad because I was going to go and check out some neat used bass I've found but with that turn of events, I'm not going anywhere. Because of that, my game is going to be delayed a lot. I was planning to do some bass-only soundtrack, maybe with some drums. I'll save up and hopefully, there will be some new bargain when things cool down a bit.

I was also lucky to get a job at ArmsTech company, just a few days before things gone bad in Poland and many companies let or force their workers to stay at home in quarantine, as a precaution. I'm enjoying it so far, I just hope I'll do good and get my employment extended for a year. Many workers there live in my city, so there's a chance the higher-ups will decide to take say 2 weeks of break.

How are things at your side? I hope you are safe and sound!

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 21 2020, 10:41 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 21 2020, 01:06 AM) *
It's great that you get a bit of a paid vacation! Make sure to wash your hands several times a day and stay away from people in general as we really don't konw who has this and who doesn't sad.gif Sorry about it pushing your soundtrack work back, I hope that works out! It's getting strange over here. California decided to shut everything down and a few other states did as well including New York. For some reason, people have bought every roll of toilet paper in the entire country and all of the hand sanitizer and liquid soap. Things feel a bit chaotic here. Schools are all shut down, stores are shutting down, etc. I hope this thing ends soon.

I heard the company isn't going to close unless things go really bad. Instead, people are advised to take extra-precautions and are checked if they do. People here have bought out all toilet paper available but the shops just keep restocking it. Some of them imposed a limit of X packs per person but everyone has stocked up on everything already and the largest shops are all empty now. I was able to do shopping with zero human interactions, besides the cashier who wore gloves and stood at a safe distance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 23 2020, 06:01 AM
More tricky bits to be sure!!! This one has some serious vertical finger barring going on which can really be a problem is the fingers are not ready for it. Your fingers are ready for anything Soldier!!!! Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

OPEN STRING MASTER CLASS: The open string licks in this one are extreme. You have to make BIG leaps of reach, you gotta stick the landing with the pinky you got play open string bits matched up to fretted notes on the higher frets. You nailed all of it. NICE!

COMBO PLAY:
Mixing Multi Picking with Scale Inversions is one of my fave things in solos. It's also a great drill to work the hand! You have worked on both skills so you can combine them now with no problem. SCORE!

VERTICAL SHIFT: To play the last bits, you have to be able to shift between strings using the same finger. It's a vertical shift that can really stress the hand. Not in your case!! You DRILLED AND KILLED it. Ascending and descending.

I put this licks in hard to reach places and then combined techniques to make it more difficult. You have clearly earned your rank Soldier!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 21 2020, 05:41 PM) *
I heard the company isn't going to close unless things go really bad. Instead, people are advised to take extra-precautions and are checked if they do. People here have bought out all toilet paper available but the shops just keep restocking it. Some of them imposed a limit of X packs per person but everyone has stocked up on everything already and the largest shops are all empty now. I was able to do shopping with zero human interactions, besides the cashier who wore gloves and stood at a safe distance.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 23 2020, 06:01 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 23 2020, 11:06 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 24 2020, 03:24 AM
This may be the trickiest one yet! Well played Soldier Let's Dig in and Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PINKY COMBO : Right away we jump in with a very awkward to play lick that makes very little musical sense but still serves a as great drill. Using open strings and pinky power and a non sensical musical progression can be confusing. Not to you. Read it, played it, nailed it, Done.

HAMMER ON FOR BONUS: Just to make things more complicated, I have you use the "strike once hammer many" technique. If this was gonna fall apart, it would have done it right here. You didn't miss a note. NICE!

TAPPING FOR DOUBLE BONUS:
As if using hammer ons were not enough, then I ask for a give note tap that moves. Again, no problem at all. You've got a great command of the techniques we've worked on and it's truly impressive.

You are truly ready for the crazy bits Soldier.

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 23 2020, 06:06 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 24 2020, 03:25 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 26 2020, 08:02 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 27 2020, 05:33 AM
Many shades of RACER X in this one. The hand has to skip around and the pinky has to do the same. Lots of moving parts and places to stumble. Like a Jedi, you cut straight through it and keep going. Nice!

Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

SHREDDY BITS: That first lick is a bit of Yngwie and a bit of Paul Gilbert. It's a keeper. That is a great one to work on speed with. Try to keep that in your warmup routine. You didn't trip up at all despite the lick being asymetrical. Score!

FRET SKIPPING The fret skipping bit is also pretty darn tricky as there is no gap in between the positions. You have to move your position and stick the landing without any sort of glitch it it will be audible. This means moving very quickly and playing the next note as soon as you can. I did this on purpose to see if a player can jump and land in a smooth manner. Very smoothly played. Double Score!

PINKY JUMP
That last lick is pure pinky jump! It requires you do make a bit reach with the pinky and you gotta nail the landing each and every time, again with no gap to pause and adjust, it's a tough bit. You nailed it and set a high bar. Triple Score!!

Yet another very tricky Mission and you had zero trouble. Very well done yet again!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 26 2020, 03:02 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 27 2020, 11:11 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:41 PM