> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Alternate Picking Workout #2, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

DoomFan
Oct 5 2014, 09:23 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Alternate Picking Workout #2 by Darius Wave

Couldn't put the amp up too loud or the neighbors would've complained.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2014, 10:07 PM
Instructor
Hi DoomFan!

You are on the right track with this lesson, but it needs more days of practice to adjust your alternate picking technique at this tempo. It's difficult to note the dynamics of your take because of the mix issue, but I can notice that your picking is a bit weak and irregular yet, in both the palm muted sections and the parts without palm muting. This definitely need to be worked.

There are also some parts where some notes are missed, like the little section at 00:32. This means that there are some parts that need to be isolated and practiced as a loop, to be able to play it more precise, and to make your alternate picking more precise and off course, to improve the way you manage dynamics.

It would be also very good if you can make your guitar sound louder in the mix on the next takes.

Keep on the hard work! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 6 2014, 09:05 AM
Instructor
Hey again mate,

Slowing down is always a good thing, especially when you need to take care of details wink.gif So, to back up Gabi's suggestions, I say take each separate part of the lesson and make sure that you have all the details down. Practice the lesson with the slower backing tracks available and then maybe try a recording against the original. Compare the two - are all the details in place, are you in good timing and do you groove? If yes, try a recording against the full speed backing and post it here so that we may help out further smile.gif

All the best and keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 6 2014, 09:25 AM
Instructor
Hey DoomFan this is a good effort. I agree with Gab and Cosmin about their observations and of course, their advice is spot on.

One other thing is that at 0:40 you are using sweep picking to play these arpeggios but the idea behind this lesson is that you should be using strictly alternate picking. That section is a good opportunity to pick over the strings.. playing 1 note per string is tough so this is necessary to learn smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 6 2014, 05:11 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 6.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:50 AM