14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14  
Song Composing Collaboration, ...YOU READY!!?
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 29 2007, 11:35 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks a lot for the kind words guys! biggrin.gif

Remember Marcus is the man though - I am stunned over his abilities and initiative! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben N
Sep 30 2007, 12:13 AM
Instructor
yea marcus rocks!!! smile.gif and i heard it to a few
times i love it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 30 2007, 01:47 AM
GMC:er
I agree Marcus I heard so many times and I still love it, I'm very glad I had something to do with this collab, hope the final product will be done soon!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Sep 30 2007, 05:51 PM
yeah it definatly sounds good great job marcus....im glad i was a part of it as well ...I STILL am trying to clear my desk top of all the wav files i had created from this colab laugh.gif ...going ummm nah...lets try this and just never got around to getting rid of them....but it will definatly be cool with real drums behind it ..ANd the realy cool part is this is a multi national......colab.........I jammed with people like across the ocean..............I must say it is a first.fo me .and im sure not a last ............

and man ....its 5.05 am ......I definatly see a patern here laugh.gif

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Oct 1 2007, 10:00 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Sep 29 2007, 07:47 PM) *
I agree Marcus I heard so many times and I still love it, I'm very glad I had something to do with this collab, hope the final product will be done soon!

I feel the same. This was a great opportunity to play our guitar in a song with a feel from players from a state and a world away. The tiny solos I recorded are my best playing to date. Truly exciting thing to be a part of. I thank everyone and a "perfect mixing job" as well, goes out to Marcus.

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 1 2007, 04:13 PM
GMC Founder
biggrin.gif

Also - Marcus must be seen as the main composer/arranger of the tune - isn't that right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cherio
Oct 2 2007, 10:16 AM
omg... guys that is awesome!!!
well done!!!!! Kris the singing is great laugh.gif
the solos are awesome
seriously that is so cool!

--------------------
CHEERIO'S

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 2 2007, 12:40 PM
QUOTE (Cherio @ Oct 2 2007, 03:16 AM) *
omg... guys that is awesome!!!
well done!!!!! Kris the singing is great laugh.gif
the solos are awesome
seriously that is so cool!

yeah dude... this is awesome. Kris's vocals are superb, and the guitar solos are incredible. Amazing job guys.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Oct 2 2007, 04:25 PM
yes i agree that marcus is the composer basicaly we all just kind of thew bits and pieces at him and he put it all together as it is before us and mixed it .....Im trying to think of a clever way to ask marcus to mix my cd for me when completed laugh.gif

..I got the mics down sound and all that,, but mixing is definatly an art..I must have 30 books im my studio. From hooking it all up to mixing ,,,,The whole buss and aux send this to route this to patch this and 20 hrtz that.....IM like isnt there just a darn easy button on the thing. laugh.gif

pretty soon im going to send a dear calkwalk letter......dear cake walk my cd is on its way......I skipped the trouble shooting hot line...........to get better results.........You mix it

ps thanks

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 10 2007, 03:32 PM
GMC Founder
Just in case anyone missed it - we are also working on a video collaboration for this tune! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Oct 10 2007, 05:35 PM
I like it it's a very good song. The video will be interesting but it might look a bit weird with all the different video recordings

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 11 2007, 12:35 AM
Instructor
Hello guys!!

I just heard from GrovinMastiff's brother that he weren't able to record the drums for us. sad.gif
So the final version will be this one:

Attached File  Are_You_Ready.mp3 ( 10.62MB ) Number of downloads: 2712

A big THANK YOU to everyone involved. It's been a great pleasure working with all of you guys! biggrin.gif I'm really looking forward to start another collab!! laugh.gif

PS. As you might already know, we are now making a video for the song:
Video Collab For GMC Theme Song

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Jeff
Oct 11 2007, 01:38 AM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Oct 10 2007, 06:35 PM) *
Hello guys!!

I just heard from GrovinMastiff's brother that he weren't able to record the drums for us. sad.gif

A big THANK YOU to everyone involved. It's been a great pleasure working with all of you guys! biggrin.gif I'm really looking forward to start another collab!! laugh.gif

Cool Marcus! Thanks to you for doing all of this man, it was a lot of fun and it sounds great. I hope you do another one soon. I'm anxious to see how the video will turn out too! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 11 2007, 02:07 AM
Moderation Policy Director
That totally rocks Marcus - great concept, great execution, great guitarwork from all, cool vocals from Kris and an amazing mix! This is truly a GMC theme tune, can't wait to see it on Youtube when the video is done, and the final credits say:

"This video was written and performed by GMC students and instructors - why not pay us a visit at guitarmasterclass.net" smile.gif

what an incredible advertisement!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 11 2007, 02:51 AM
Been fun!, next time I'll finally be able to input some guitar work as well, now that I got a recording gear! ^^

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 11 2007, 10:36 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (lavendell @ Oct 11 2007, 01:35 AM) *
Hello guys!!

Thank you so much for this Marcus - this is such a cool initiative, and the result is amazing. I think all participants did a great job! biggrin.gif

I definately think this will be a catalyser for lots of cool things to happen song-composing-collaboration-wise at gmc -THANKS!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Oct 14 2007, 02:10 PM
Acoustic Instructor
WOW Great piece of work from all you guys smile.gif
(I'm sad that I missed this great job)

--------------------

+Quote Post
visi0n
Oct 17 2007, 06:11 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
WOW !!!!! This is just AWESOME !!! Great work you guys .... i think im too late for this .. ??

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Oct 23 2007, 10:02 PM
Don't worry if you missed this there will be other great collabs to be a part of in the future i've no doubt smile.gif.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:58 AM