2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Andrew Cockburn And Gmc!
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 27 2007, 04:05 PM
GMC Founder
Heya!

Andrew and I have been discussing some new ideas for the gmc community - which you soon will be hearing more of... smile.gif (edit: more about it here) Some of these ideas orignate from a GMC community report that Henrik has been working on for quite a while.

I have decided to give Andrew moderator status as he has been an important contributor to our site - by that I mean contributing both with quality lessons and fantastic presence in the forum! Few are the people that haven't got (great and positive) advice from him!

This also means that Andrew might be doing some cleaning up of bad language, flaming etc. (At our forum - this should be done quite quickly though!)

So congratulations Andrew! biggrin.gif

Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 27 2007, 04:14 PM
GMC:er
Congratulations smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 27 2007, 03:05 PM) *
This also means that Andrew might be doing some cleaning up of bad language, flaming etc. (At out forum - this should be done quite quickly though!)

Oh noes, I have been using the F word alot latelly sad.gif I have never flamed anyone else than In Flames and Dragonforce though laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 27 2007, 04:22 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Thanks Kris, wow, I'm honoured!

This is a pretty easy job because everyone on GMC is so damn decent, I shouldn't have to do anything more than read the posts which I do anyway smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 27 2007, 04:27 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
That's ******* great biggrin.gif

....eh... **** his fast and efficient!!!

What's going on????
[deleted]
[moderated]

That sounds great! Andrew is the guy for it. smile.gif

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 27 2007, 05:22 PM) *
Thanks Kris, wow, I'm honoured!

This is a pretty easy job because everyone on GMC is so damn decent, I shouldn't have to do anything more than read the posts which I do anyway smile.gif

Our moderator said "damn"!!!!! huh.gif

laugh.gif just kidding

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 27 2007, 04:35 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 27 2007, 11:27 AM) *
That's ******* great biggrin.gif

....eh... **** his fast and efficient!!!
What's going on????
[deleted]
[moderated]
That sounds great! Andrew is the guy for it. smile.gif
Our moderator said "damn"!!!!! huh.gif
laugh.gif just kidding

I'm watching you MikeM - if you *** *** *** *** *** cat ** ** ***** **** rubber band, see if I don't!

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jun 27 2007, 05:55 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 27 2007, 11:22 AM) *
...This is a pretty easy job because everyone on GMC is so damn decent, I shouldn't have to do anything more than read the posts which I do anyway smile.gif

Yeah, I think that's True.

I think because you have to sign up to GMC before you can join the Forum, It's more of a Priviledge to be a Part of this Great Forum.

Other than some other Guitar Forums which just let Anybody sign up.

It may not alway be Perfect here... As far as everybody following the Rules.

But I don't think your Job as a MOD will be too hard. smile.gif

Congrats on the Job!

btw... I already thought you were a Moderator laugh.gif

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 27 2007, 05:56 PM
Congrats Andrew!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 27 2007, 06:07 PM
QUOTE (Slammer @ Jun 27 2007, 12:55 PM) *

Well I was for my theory board, but Kris just expanded the privelidge to all of the public boards smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 27 2007, 07:27 PM
Congrats andrew.. and just to give you some work ill make sure i post a few bad words around here and there smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 27 2007, 07:46 PM
QUOTE (Slammer @ Jun 27 2007, 06:55 PM) *

Hehe, same biggrin.gif

Well *applause* to that. Great idea.

(huhuh, he said damn, huhuh)

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Jun 27 2007, 07:52 PM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Congratualtions Andrew! cool.gif

-Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jun 27 2007, 08:12 PM
yeah...no one better than Andrew....he has answered every question i have ever asked in the forums quickly, nicely, and in a most helpful way...congrats

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 27 2007, 11:07 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 27 2007, 12:05 PM) *
Heya!

Andrew and I have been discussing some new ideas for the gmc community - which you soon will be hearing more of... smile.gif (edit: more about it here) Some of these ideas orignate from a GMC community report that Henrik has been working on for quite a while.

I have decided to give Andrew moderator status as he has been an important contributor to our site - by that I mean contributing both with quality lessons and fantastic presence in the forum! Few are the people that haven't got (great and positive) advice from him!

This also means that Andrew might be doing some cleaning up of bad language, flaming etc. (At our forum - this should be done quite quickly though!)

So congratulations Andrew! biggrin.gif

Kris

Congrats Andrew cool.gif

Well deserved. You have always been a huge help to me and from what I've read a lot of others feel the same way. It's great what Kris is doing here at GMC and he has definatly found the cream of the crop for instuctors as far as I'm concerned. You rock Andrew!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jun 27 2007, 11:12 PM

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 27 2007, 11:12 PM
QUOTE (Layzer @ Jun 27 2007, 07:12 PM) *
yeah...no one better than Andrew....he has answered every question i have ever asked in the forums quickly, nicely, and in a most helpful way...congrats

Indeed.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 27 2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys and gals - I can do no more than to continue to do my best to help with the amazing community that is GMC!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
jackson-ripper
Jun 27 2007, 11:59 PM
congrats andrew!! i am a new member here but i am amazed at all the info and quality lessons here. I was buying books and videos at the local shop until I saw an ad for this site @ ultimate guitar tabs. This place rocks! and to see people like Zakk Wylde and Ace Frehely on here is a testament to how great this site is. The lessons are awesome and Kris seems like a real nice guy.Where i live people look at guitar players like some kind of marijuana smoking ,35year old- live at home guy who has nothing to do but play guitar, but this site has really been a SUPPORT Group so far!! I started playing when I was 12 or so and Now I am approaching 40. I put it down for about 10 years or so because of kids, work and all that but recently decided, (when my wife made me sell my Harley) to buy a Jackson rr3, A line 6 live and a peavey windsor tube amp.(100 watt head with 4 x 12 cab). WHAT WAS I THINKING ALL THOSE YEARS. I'm, havong more fun than ever. Thanks for having such a wonderful site and best wishes to you in your new position!!!

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jun 28 2007, 02:49 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 27 2007, 11:35 AM) *
I'm watching you MikeM - if you *** *** *** *** *** cat ** ** ***** **** rubber band, see if I don't!

LOL tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 28 2007, 05:03 AM
Congrats Andrew! And what a better way to celebrate than recieving your new JEM!! smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Jun 28 2007, 05:05 AM
QUOTE (Layzer @ Jun 27 2007, 02:12 PM) *

I agree 110%

Congrats Andrew!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 28 2007, 09:10 AM
GMC Founder
Andrew told me yesterday was a heavy day - het got to be moderator and he got a JEM... I feel with him! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:16 PM