Does Anyone Have The Gibson Es-335.
Jesse
Sep 19 2008, 11:42 AM
GMC:er
I now have a fender stratocaster with texas special's. It's my dream guitar!! But before I wanted a strat, I always thought the Gibson es-335 was the guitar for me. It was soo bluesy, it was red sexy and BIG! It had F wholes and chuck berry plays it. I still want to own one someday!!! Does anyone here have one? Please tell me how it plays, or better, send the guitar to me! Just kidding;)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Sep 19 2008, 01:11 PM
My dad has a 60s 330, it's some derivative of the 335. Amazing acoustic as well as electric tones. Good sustain. Play it before you buy it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Noangels
Sep 19 2008, 07:29 PM
I dont like the look of them,but there great guitars.
saw Malmsteen playing one on youtube ages ago,vids still up so will include link

grainy malmsteen and big red guitar clip!

PG has used them too

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Sep 19 2008, 07:43 PM
I don't have one, but I've played many es-335 knock offs, and a real one once. I love those guitars so much, the necks feel just as playable as Les Pauls to me. The bodies are light and comfortable, they sound awesome, and look even cooler. I love those guitars.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 19 2008, 09:29 PM
Lets go fishing!
I think they are awsome, Im hopeing my girlfriend will buy me a copy for christmas smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 19 2008, 10:16 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
No, but I wish I had one sad.gif

+Quote Post
jdriver
Sep 20 2008, 07:42 AM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Sep 19 2008, 03:42 AM) *
I now have a fender stratocaster with texas special's. It's my dream guitar!! But before I wanted a strat, I always thought the Gibson es-335 was the guitar for me. It was soo bluesy, it was red sexy and BIG! It had F wholes and chuck berry plays it. I still want to own one someday!!! Does anyone here have one? Please tell me how it plays, or better, send the guitar to me! Just kidding;)

Something like this?

This one is an Austin 792 (Bigsby added), and I love it. Loads of tone and sustain. Very well made and inexpensive. I think the Jay Turser brand clone is also very good.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:38 PM