2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Some Pretty Darn Clever Self Promo (great Example)
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 11 2014, 07:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 10 2014, 04:23 PM) *
Don't even start me on why I think the Medici's as well the 'big' record companies were actually a great thing for art and artists as well - as culture in general.
It's old, it's dead and it's gone for now. On to the next.

*This is just a 'statement'. My opinion.

The big picture is that whenever you approach a potential sponsor, you bump into the following thing:

- you have to grow so that you may be interesting for us

I CAME TO YOU BECAUSE I CAN'T GROW ON MY OWN

I don't want to complain but I think that all in all, we have invested about 15.000 EUR from our pockets in the band so far. Sure, everyone knows us and we have a nice response to gigs and all that, but.. BUT we can't fill up a 4000 people venue and thus we are not interesting for sponsors - they all tell us to grow more and then come to talk.

I will invest as much as it is needed, but this game has become tiring to a big extent and seeing what sort of artists get the attention of sponsors in this country, I think that music is really with one foot hanging in the grave. No one wants to make a leap of faith and let's face it, 10.000 EUR is NOTHING for a big company.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 11 2014, 03:50 PM
GMC:er
Does 'Days of Confusion' have a fairly specific age demographic? What do they drink? Where do they buy their clothes? Do they favor a particular brand of smart phone? Etc.

Just Brainstorming as we say.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 11 2014, 06:59 PM
WELL SAID AGAIN!!! Thats the "Catch 22" of the entire process. You need help to grow but can't get help until you grow. The good news is that "online presence" actually counts for points these days with sponsors. E.G. If you can show that you have a significant online following, in terms of metrics (e.g. twitter followers/facebook followers&likes/youtube subscribers, etc.) then sponsors become interested.

I've been able to leverage my my youtube following to get several gear sponsorships and I don't have an actual band or a album/release/cd/download. So best case, a band can leverage one thing towards the other. Of course this doubles the amount of time involved, practicing/gigging/touring in addition to facebooking/youtubing etc. So it's serious challenge.

I have not, however, gotten BIG cash sponsorships that would go for tour support. To reach that level is further down the river.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 11 2014, 02:20 AM) *
The big picture is that whenever you approach a potential sponsor, you bump into the following thing:

- you have to grow so that you may be interesting for us

I CAME TO YOU BECAUSE I CAN'T GROW ON MY OWN

I don't want to complain but I think that all in all, we have invested about 15.000 EUR from our pockets in the band so far. Sure, everyone knows us and we have a nice response to gigs and all that, but.. BUT we can't fill up a 4000 people venue and thus we are not interesting for sponsors - they all tell us to grow more and then come to talk.

I will invest as much as it is needed, but this game has become tiring to a big extent and seeing what sort of artists get the attention of sponsors in this country, I think that music is really with one foot hanging in the grave. No one wants to make a leap of faith and let's face it, 10.000 EUR is NOTHING for a big company.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 11 2014, 07:01 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2014, 09:25 PM
Instructor
Todd - we need the cash man laugh.gif I mean, I have personally, alongside our PR, taken care of statistics and social media reports that could sway these guys into things. Unfortunately, they are still Romanian people, having big 'Romanian dinosaur' bands as a landmark. 'See, we are working with x and y and z, because whenever people see their faces associated with our brands they will know what's what'. Those guys just never die laugh.gif

To answer Ken's question - we have created a sponsorship oriented band presentation, containing demographics and products in which those people are especially interested in, so that they see the ease of associating their brand with our name and so on.

We have also created various sponsorship packs based on what we could offer directly or indirectly... We could have a possibility with Monster - the energy drink - but, we are still in discussions. That would be one thing I wouldn't want to be associated with tho laugh.gif Everyone around knows me for being totally against that sort of beverages among other consumables.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2014, 12:09 AM
Getting cash is probably the toughest thing right? Folks won't put up cash til you can prove you have cash flow and you can't prove that til you get some cash right? Back to catch 22 smile.gif

The best way I've seen to pull this off is to be able to show a significan amount of sales revenue from cds and tickets so that you have hard metrics to show people.

Other than that, they have NOTHING to base a funding decision on right? After all, they trust sales, they have no idea about "talent" so trying to showcase talent to "money people" is bording on pointless imho.

So if you are going the biz route, incorporate if you have not done so, and develop your business plan, if you have not done so, and be able to show a rising trend in product and ticket sales. E.G. make it look like a sure thing smile.gif Otherwise, your back to begging money off freinds/family/fans etc ya know?

The MONSTER thing is a tough call. Wearing beverage schwag on stage makes your band look like a huge sell out which can turn off fans. One company that has been helpful is SCION. They support heavy music and finance tours. The gal in charge of all this is

Jeri Yoshizu

you can look her up online and maybe make an introduction?

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 12 2014, 04:25 PM) *
Todd - we need the cash man laugh.gif I mean, I have personally, alongside our PR, taken care of statistics and social media reports that could sway these guys into things. Unfortunately, they are still Romanian people, having big 'Romanian dinosaur' bands as a landmark. 'See, we are working with x and y and z, because whenever people see their faces associated with our brands they will know what's what'. Those guys just never die laugh.gif

To answer Ken's question - we have created a sponsorship oriented band presentation, containing demographics and products in which those people are especially interested in, so that they see the ease of associating their brand with our name and so on.

We have also created various sponsorship packs based on what we could offer directly or indirectly... We could have a possibility with Monster - the energy drink - but, we are still in discussions. That would be one thing I wouldn't want to be associated with tho laugh.gif Everyone around knows me for being totally against that sort of beverages among other consumables.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 15 2014, 07:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 14 2014, 11:09 PM) *
Getting cash is probably the toughest thing right? Folks won't put up cash til you can prove you have cash flow and you can't prove that til you get some cash right? Back to catch 22 smile.gif

The best way I've seen to pull this off is to be able to show a significan amount of sales revenue from cds and tickets so that you have hard metrics to show people.

Other than that, they have NOTHING to base a funding decision on right? After all, they trust sales, they have no idea about "talent" so trying to showcase talent to "money people" is bording on pointless imho.

So if you are going the biz route, incorporate if you have not done so, and develop your business plan, if you have not done so, and be able to show a rising trend in product and ticket sales. E.G. make it look like a sure thing smile.gif Otherwise, your back to begging money off freinds/family/fans etc ya know?

The MONSTER thing is a tough call. Wearing beverage schwag on stage makes your band look like a huge sell out which can turn off fans. One company that has been helpful is SCION. They support heavy music and finance tours. The gal in charge of all this is

Jeri Yoshizu

you can look her up online and maybe make an introduction?

Todd

Thanks a ton man!

I looked her up and I will try to send her a press kit and approach her in respect to a possible sponsorship or collaboration of any kind smile.gif

Now, energy drinks are VERY popular in here and getting associated with Monster wouldn't be regarded as a sellout, but instead if we were to be associated with a .. let's say... soap producing company, that would not be taken well by fans smile.gif

I think that each market is very different and it should be regarded and analyzed as such before taking action.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:57 PM