3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
God I Hate Floyd Rose
richardb
Jan 18 2012, 01:59 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Jan 13 2012, 01:33 PM) *
but they all show how to tune the guitar which is already almost tuned, or if you need to change only one string.
I have a situation where I must change all strings and it's HELL to balance out the nut with the springs on the back of the guitar. I wasted so much money, not only on the guitar but also on loads and loads and loads of fine expensive Elixir strings just to break them while trying to tune this and have to start all over.

its too late now, but maybe you should have replaced all the strings one at a time!

ie if the original strings were s1 s2 s3 s4 s5 s6 and you wanted to replace these by t1 t2 t3 t4 t5 t6

you have to replace one at a time:

start: s1 s2 s3 s4 s5 s6
step1: s1 s2 s3 s4 s5 t6
step2: s1 s2 s3 s4 t5 t6
step3: s1 s2 s3 t4 t5 t6
step4: s1 s2 t3 t4 t5 t6
step5: s1 t2 t3 t4 t5 t6
step6: t1 t2 t3 t4 t5 t6

at each step you'd have to go through the full process of changing that one string which according
to your quote they have explained properly.

its often much easier to modify something than to establish something

all I can say is to maybe try to establish some cheap strings or the original strings, and then to change one at a time
to quality strings, unless as suggested you send it to a guitar shop to restring.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mike RR24
Jan 18 2012, 03:34 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jan 13 2012, 10:05 AM) *
It is a very cool system and on expensive instruments it's easier to change strings and maintain there is another bridge called wilkinson it works like a floyd rose but easier to deal with
Here is a trick I found online!
One other trick with a Floyd:
String the guitar with the ball end at the tuning peg and have extra string available up there. Every time I broke a string it was broke right at the bridge. You can cut it clean, loosen the nut lock, pull more string down, lock it in, tune it up and run. I've done the whole process in about 2.5 minutes...just let the drums, bass, and singer cook along for a little bit. Probably less time than it takes to slap a new string on a fixed bridge!

Alex I have never thought about that but your right.. have to try that sometime ! smile.gif-

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Michael Connell - Ciudad Juarez Chihuahua, Mexico

Gear: Jackson Pro RR24.
Ibanez XPT700.
Mexican Fender Strat 2008 Model.
Marshall MA 100 Watt Head w/Crate Blackheart slanted cab 300 Watts.
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Digitech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal.
THD Hotplate 16 Ohms.
BOSS BR-1600CD Home Studio
DigiTech GSP1101 Guitar Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech Control2 Remote Foot Controller
TC-Helicon VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
Switch-3 Pedal for VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
ISP Technologies Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal

+Quote Post
Procyon
Jan 31 2012, 10:05 PM
I am a bit late, I know... but I had the same problem for many years. I learned pretty well how to tame the Floyd Rose over the years but I was nerver really satisfied and changing strings still was a pain. But I really love playing with the whammy bar and so I finally found a guitar that uses a completely different approach: it's a Parker Fly (David Walliman uses the same...) and I have to say: I never found something better! The setup is sooo easy and the tuning stays rock solid, changing strings works like a charm. So for me this was such a relief... maybe you should give it a try if you still have troubles...

+Quote Post
Aven
Feb 2 2012, 10:46 PM
Broke two strings on my floyd last night...hate changing those sad.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:02 PM